The Mourinho Thread

Yes, he gavi this freedom to Ronaldo, Ozil, Snejder, Deco etc. But the thing is - those players had the ability to carry the team and make decisions on the pitch. Hazard is showing glimpses of this ability but not consistently.

I see, I certainly do hope to see him being given a bit more freedom next year in that case, or atleast on a few more occasion then this season.

Back to Mourinho I don't get how people can even bring in the possibility of him being sacked ( or did I miss a joke ? ), his tactical approach did greatly help the team to win big games although I believe with a bit more flexlibity the title would be in his hand.

isnt that the thing we always do against lesser teams? we just lack the creativity imo

No we don't lack the creativity, we lack tactical ideas to break those teams down. This wasn't a problem under RDM remember when we steamrolled teams or under Carlo. So that is definitely something Jose need to work on. He need to find the right balance between all out attack and all out defence, I can't believe I am saying this but he should learn from Pellegrini/Rodgers on how to beat small teams. Even David Moyes did it well for MU.

If Real win in Lisbon, how many "Carlo won the CL with Real and Mou didn't" comments are we going to get this summer in this thread alone?

I might have to template "does that make Di Matteo the best manager in our history then?" ready for when they inevitability come up.

Are you seriously gonna deny that Ancelotti's not done a better job than Mourinho? (a far better job tbh)

U were the same guy who was confidently saying Ancelotti'd miserably fail at the beginning of the season.

Many of u here were stating things such as Come back when Mourinho takes us to the final or let's see what the critics say when we'll be playing the Final in Lisbon?

U also predicted us to win the League at the beginning of the season because of Mourinho's brilliance. (Which I must say I still have a glimmer of hope about).

None of those predictions/statements have come true....

No we don't lack the creativity, we lack tactical ideas to break those teams down. This wasn't a problem under RDM remember when we steamrolled teams or under Carlo. So that is definitely something Jose need to work on. He need to find the right balance between all out attack and all out defence, I can't believe I am saying this but he should learn from Pellegrini/Rodgers on how to beat small teams. Even David Moyes did it well for MU.

really?

against sunderland

65% possesion, 31 shots, 15 shots on goal, and sunderland keeper being motm in that match

against palace

67% possesion, 25 shots, 2 shots on goal, while torres became wotm in that match

i think jose tactis was fine. its our player was so bad at implementing it.

"I have a dream, that one day, my club will become drama free and have a great football philosophy which will be well implemented and that the youth shall reach the promise land".

Then I woke up.

I had the same dream. Then i had a hangover.

really?

against sunderland

65% possesion, 31 shots, 15 shots on goal, and sunderland keeper being motm in that match

against palace

67% possesion, 25 shots, 2 shots on goal, while torres became wotm in that match

i think jose tactis was fine. its our player was so bad at implementing it.

Having possessions against much worse sides is a nothing statistic, we all know that now. I agree about the Sunderland game but what about West Ham 0-0 draw then? Hardly created a single clear cut chance and against Palace we were beyond awful. Obviously having a ST like Costa next season will help but it will not completely makes up for all those lost points if we approach those matches the same way.

Having possessions against much worse sides is a nothing statistic, we all know that now. I agree about the Sunderland game but what about West Ham 0-0 draw then? Hardly created a single clear cut chance and against Palace we were beyond awful. Obviously having a ST like Costa next season will help but it will not completely makes up for all those lost points if we approach those matches the same way.

awww come on. you have to admit that west ham even didnt have desire to do anything but defend. even when against liverpool we did press them in our final third area while west ham just put their striker in the edge of penalty area.

:D