The Mourinho Thread

No.. he's a footballing genius. He has forgotten more about the sport than we'll ever know. 21 trophies in 10 years. Won the league in Portugal, Spain, Italy, and England. Helped countless players reach their potential. His methods may not be popular, and he may drive certain players out. But he is a genius.

I really can't agree with this, Mourinho is a hard worker just like he like his player to be, he's someone who worked really hard to get where he's and it's because of that he's staying true to his approach of the football, because it's what made him what he's today. A genius isn't something you aim to be it's something you're since you're born ( ofcourse you still need to work hard for it to hold any meanings ) It's not like I put too much thought in coaching since I watch football but we may have yet to see what a " real " genius could do with a team in his hands.

I feel like mourinho is just too true to his tactics and it conflict with those kind of player would need to be able to roam freely.

But then how many players in modern football you can name who can be allowed this freedom without compromising the team? Messi, Ronaldo, Pirlo (and with him it already backfires for Juve sometimes). And Snejder and Ozil had enough freedom to create in his team, so probably he can adapt system to this sort of players too.

But then how many players in modern football you can name who can be allowed this freedom without compromising the team? Messi, Ronaldo, Pirlo (and with him it already backfires for Juve sometimes). And Snejder and Ozil had enough freedom to create in his team, so probably he can adapt system to this sort of players too.

I think this is a " whole " and again it comes down to coaching abilities, I said it in my previous post but I think we have yet to see what a real genius could do with a team in his hands, In the end it's just a matter of automatism, team works and organization to me ( like I -tried to- explain(ed) in the Hazard thread ).

I really do feel that right now Hazard potential is somewhat being wasted... Now It's not like I know anything about him except what we see from him on the field and the image he let us see of him in interviews etc hence the " feeling ".People are talking about how more consistent he's compared to last year, and I agree he's ( except lately ). But in the end, being consistent, only mean reducing/closing the gap in a player up and down.in no way does it mean becoming a better player. He does feel more mature and less raw than last years but I also do believe he looks less promising than he was.. that's why I wanted you're opinion on whether Mourinho is the type that can " raise " this tpye of players.

I think this is a " whole " and again it comes down to coaching abilities, I said it in my previous post but I think we have yet to see what a real genius could do with a team in his hands, In the end it's just a matter of automatism, team works and organization to me ( like I -tried to- explain(ed) in the Hazard thread ).

I really do feel that right now Hazard potential is somewhat being wasted... Now It's not like I know anything about him except what we see from him on the field and the image he let us see of him in interviews etc hence the " feeling ".People are talking about how more consistent he's compared to last year, and I agree he's ( except lately ). But in the end, being consistent, only mean reducing/closing the gap in a player up and down.in no way does it mean becoming a better player. He does feel more mature and less raw than last years but I also do believe he looks less promising than he was.. that's why I wanted you're opinion on whether Mourinho is the type that can " raise " this tpye of players.

Hazard does have discipline issues, as both Willmots and Mourinho commented on it. You don't get all the way up on your talent alone, you need to work your butt off as well. That's what Mourinho is good at getting out of his players.

There is always a danger with very talented players that they can believe their own hype and decide that they are good enough as it is. Exampe - Bojan Krkic, back then when he and Messi were going up the ranks Krkic was considered more talented of the two and future multiple Balon d'Or winner, and all this talent got him where?

I'm not sayiing Hazard is on the same path, no way - he clearly is developing, is more consistent and generally better this season. But all this "I have to do it alone" talk is not good.

But there is also questions of personality. Some players need to be slapped in the face in public, and some need to be cuddled and protected. And while Mourinho is usually getting such things right he's not immune to mistakes.

Now his blaming his tactical mistakes on Hazard?? How many times has Hazard bailed him out this season??? He wasnt even there when we blew the league aganst a shitty Sunderland, he did not choose himself on Wednesday night when he clearly wasnt fit to start so cut the crap and admit to your mistakes not try to blame it on other people

Now his blaming his tactical mistakes on Hazard?? How many times has Hazard bailed him out this season??? He wasnt even there when we blew the league aganst a shitty Sunderland, he did not choose himself on Wednesday night when he clearly wasnt fit to start so cut the crap and admit to your mistakes not try to blame it on other people

Just out of curiosity - when and where did Mourinho blame Hazard or any other player? Or now pointing out the mistake and the need to improve means blaming?

Just out of curiosity - when and where did Mourinho blame Hazard or any other player? Or now pointing out the mistake and the need to improve means blaming?

The mistake was playing a half fit hazard from the start or playing with 6 defenders, or bringing on a half fit Etoo, thats the mistake not Eden failing to track back

The mistake was playing a half fit hazard from the start or playing with 6 defenders, or bringing on a half fit Etoo, thats the mistake not Eden failing to track back

But Hazard failing to clear the ball from Juanfran was a mistake, he was supposed to do it and he didn't, and that was what Mourinho was talking about.

And if you watched the match - we played with 4 defenders, not 6, Luiz was in the pivot (and when he did play in defence last time anyway?) and Azpi was in midfield.

What are the odds Mourinho gets sacked if we dont win the PL or even finish 3rd......

I mean Roman must of known that Mourinho was always going to play a certain way and not deliver his sexy football that he wants, so, this shouldn't be a surprise. However, the recent criticism from the outside might propel Roman to make a decision sooner than later in regards to Jose.

What are the odds Mourinho gets sacked if we dont win the PL or even finish 3rd......

I mean Roman must of known that Mourinho was always going to play a certain way and not deliver his sexy football that he wants, so, this shouldn't be a surprise. However, the recent criticism from the outside might propel Roman to make a decision sooner than later in regards to Jose.

i'd be willing to bet 1000$ he isn't going anywhere... he's already talking about transfer targets and building next year on what we've achieved this season. Roman has now owned chelsea for 10 years and has gone through a merry-go-round of world-class managers and has chosen to return to jose. My guess is that isn't an accident but more of an understanding on roman's part that we had the absolute best in the world and if you fire him, there is no place to go but downwards... also, this isn't jose's team, and roman will be aware of this. He's started to changes some things (mata, kdb sold and matic, salah and zouma bought) but none of the players brought in have been here long enough yet to make a true impact in terms of changing the shape of the team and he still has some buying to do... i think roman will judge jose more on this coming season and even then, if we fail (depending on how we fail) he might still be willing to give him some more time... this is my thinking at least

i'd be willing to bet 1000$ he isn't going anywhere... he's already talking about transfer targets and building next year on what we've achieved this season. Roman has now owned chelsea for 10 years and has gone through a merry-go-round of world-class managers and has chosen to return to jose. My guess is that isn't an accident but more of an understanding on roman's part that we had the absolute best in the world and if you fire him, there is no place to go but downwards... also, this isn't jose's team, and roman will be aware of this. He's started to changes some things (mata, kdb sold and matic, salah and zouma bought) but none of the players brought in have been here long enough yet to make a true impact in terms of changing the shape of the team and he still has some buying to do... i think roman will judge jose more on this coming season and even then, if we fail (depending on how we fail) he might still be willing to give him some more time... this is my thinking at least

It's not only the results, its the style of play. Roman has always dreamed, envision for a specific style of play which Jose is the completely opposite....

It's not only the results, its the style of play. Roman has always dreamed, envision for a specific style of play which Jose is the completely opposite....

yeah but the fact that roman brought him back must surely mean something. i mean roman has witnessed jose's style first hand for 3 years and has probably been following his teams since then. he knows what he's getting so i wouldn't worry too much about jose elaving because of style...

Hazard does have discipline issues, as both Willmots and Mourinho commented on it. You don't get all the way up on your talent alone, you need to work your butt off as well. That's what Mourinho is good at getting out of his players.

There is always a danger with very talented players that they can believe their own hype and decide that they are good enough as it is. Exampe - Bojan Krkic, back then when he and Messi were going up the ranks Krkic was considered more talented of the two and future multiple Balon d'Or winner, and all this talent got him where?

I'm not sayiing Hazard is on the same path, no way - he clearly is developing, is more consistent and generally better this season. But all this "I have to do it alone" talk is not good.

But there is also questions of personality. Some players need to be slapped in the face in public, and some need to be cuddled and protected. And while Mourinho is usually getting such things right he's not immune to mistakes.

About the discipline issue I don't think I heard anything being said by Wilmots, wasn't it the burger incident with Lekens ? I do remember Mourinho saying he didn't work enough at training though.

As for the raising a player part I do believe there's thing you can teach even to player that could be called " genius ", eben if it's only thing you start to generally learn with experience. And for the freedom part it was a " what if ", let's say that Hzard had that tactical awareness and any others tools ( like knowing when his teamates need his help for the defensive works ) that could make someone allow him to act more freely and actually taking decision on the field. Do you think Mourinho would be the kind of coach to allow that ? As said before I do think he believe so much ( not wrongly ) in his tactics that I find it hard to believe he would give that kind of freedom to a player ( I must admit I don't watch la liga except on a few occasion so I have no idea how it was at RM ).

About Hazard, yeah he's more consistent and has been generally better compared to last season, I do think his " up " are fewer this season than last year but It's not like I clearly remember every last season games so...

About the discipline issue I don't think I heard anything being said by Wilmots, wasn't it the burger incident with Lekens ? I do remember Mourinho saying he didn't work enough at training though.

As for the raising a player part I do believe there's thing you can teach even to player that could be called " genius ", eben if it's only thing you start to generally learn with experience. And for the freedom part it was a " what if ", let's say that Hzard had that tactical awareness and any others tools ( like knowing when his teamates need his help for the defensive works ) that could make someone allow him to act more freely and actually taking decision on the field. Do you think Mourinho would be the kind of coach to allow that ? As said before I do think he believe so much ( not wrongly ) in his tactics that I find it hard to believe he would give that kind of freedom to a player ( I must admit I don't watch la liga except on a few occasion so I have no idea how it was at RM ).

About Hazard, yeah he's more consistent and has been generally better compared to last season, I do think his " up " are fewer this season than last year but It's not like I clearly remember every last season games so...

Yes, he gavi this freedom to Ronaldo, Ozil, Snejder, Deco etc. But the thing is - those players had the ability to carry the team and make decisions on the pitch. Hazard is showing glimpses of this ability but not consistently.