The Mourinho Thread

Both of them should stop the media bs and sort things out between them both.

The last thing everyone wants is one of them leaving the club, would be a huge loss for Chelsea

And please stop with the "Jose is never wrong" sentiment all the time. He is not the founder of the club or a god. He is not Roman. He's a great manager and a Chelsea legend, but he needs to have a rethink of his behaviour if he plans to stay here "forever".

Mourinho is never wrong.....

I talked about it in the Hazard thread but since it's not really the topic for that I'll repost that here

I have thought about this all the season it just a " what if " so take this post accordingly please.

If you compare player like Ronaldo/Bale/Drogba and Messi/Ronaldihno/Zidane even if they're all great I would easily call the laters " genius " thanks to their sense of the game etc... In my opinion you can't raise people like that, only give them adives/hints and leave them -almost totally- free on the field anything else would just shackle them.

On the other hand you have Mourinho who is up there as a coach thanks to his tactics like everyone knows and looks really prideful about it. He doesn't look like someone flexible either. He did raise Drogba but as I said before there's something fundamentally different between those kind of players. To get to the point I'm under the impression Mourinho can't acknowledge there's things in football that can trascend tactics.

I repeat myself it's just a feeling.and one possibility along many others so take this post accordingly.

To explain further my thoughts : I said it in the Hazard thread already but I really do believe Mourinho is a great coach but there's always something people are good at and others they aren't ofcourse. So what I was thinking " Could Mourinho be the kind of coach the kind of coach that is more at ease with average up to really good player than with stars players ".

In the case I didn't use the right words, it's by no means a trashing or anything I'm just really interested to hear your opinions on this ( Sorry if this has been discussed already I couldn't bring myself to read 744 pages of comments :o )

You are the closest thing to the definition of a 'fan boy' imo. Refusing to see managers/players in any other way than just positive and somewhat blindly.

Mourinho is a genius. Hazard said some things that were true as well. Neither are wrong.

Mourinho is a genius. Hazard said some things that were true as well. Neither are wrong.

Genius ? I really don't think so. Again I think he's a great coach, arguably the best ( I don't have any opinion about that ) but there wouldn't even be a shade of doubt about him being the best was he the genius some people think he is. People use the word " genius " way too lightly in my opinion.

If you think Eden Hazard knows better than Jose Mourinho when it comes to setting up a team (or if you think you know better than him) then there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

I guess Jose was right, there are too many football philosophers out there.

To explain further my thoughts : I said it in the Hazard thread already but I really do believe Mourinho is a great coach but there's always something people are good at and others they aren't ofcourse. So what I was thinking " Could Mourinho be the kind of coach the kind of coach that is more at ease with average up to really good player than with stars players ".

Probably you have a point, but - he made Ronaldo a better player by making him work more for the team, he moved Ramos to central defence and got him to be one of the best at the position, got Snejder to play the best he ever did, got Deco who was by then by popular opinion unreliable and fading away when something didn't go right to perform consistently, got Ibra to work, got Benzema to work...

I think his issue is more not with the players who are stars but with trying to implement his "team first" philosophy. There are bound to be players who can't cope with it.

Genius ? I really don't think so. Again I think he's a great coach, arguably the best ( I don't have any opinion about that ) but there wouldn't even be a shade of doubt about him being the best was he the genius some people think he is. People use the word " genius " way too lightly in my opinion.

No.. he's a footballing genius. He has forgotten more about the sport than we'll ever know. 21 trophies in 10 years. Won the league in Portugal, Spain, Italy, and England. Helped countless players reach their potential. His methods may not be popular, and he may drive certain players out. But he is a genius.

Hazard is just another Casillas in Chelsea.

No way. *That* sort of circus is impossible in any team but Real Madrid and let's hope it stands this way.

Hazard just did a really stupid thing that went public, he'll think twice next time.

Probably you have a point, but - he made Ronaldo a better player by making him work more for the team, he moved Ramos to central defence and got him to be one of the best at the position, got Snejder to play the best he ever did, got Deco who was by then by popular opinion unreliable and fading away when something didn't go right to perform consistently, got Ibra to work, got Benzema to work...

I think his issue is more not with the players who are stars but with trying to implement his "team first" philosophy. There are bound to be players who can't cope with it.

Ah don't get me wrong, I didn't meant to imply he can't raise players, he surely can. What I meant it's the type of players that play more with their senses and feelings, I did say in my previous post " the word " genius " is used too lightly " but I really do believe this kind of players can be called genius, something they have but can't be raised/trained. I feel like mourinho is just too true to his tactics and it conflict with those kind of player would need to be able to roam freely.

No.. he's a footballing genius. He has forgotten more about the sport than we'll ever know. 21 trophies in 10 years. Won the league in Portugal, Spain, Italy, and England. Helped countless players reach their potential. His methods may not be popular, and he may drive certain players out. But he is a genius.

That he's forgotten about football more than this whole board combined ever knew - that's probably a fact :) But genius? Einstein is genius, Leonardo da Vinci is genius, football coach is just not on this scale.

He is a good coach, a great coach even, won in 12 years more than others do in a lifetime, knows a lot about football - but then doesn't know a lot as well and makes mistakes just like others. Less mistakes, probably, but he still makes them.

That he's forgotten about football more than this whole board combined ever knew - that's probably a fact :) But genius? Einstein is genius, Leonardo da Vinci is genius, football coach is just not on this scale.

He is a good coach, a great coach even, won in 12 years more than others do in a lifetime, knows a lot about football - but then doesn't know a lot as well and makes mistakes just like others. Less mistakes, probably, but he still makes them.

Footballing genius, it was in the first sentence! Lol

Hazard may have a bad attitude, we already know he was a lazy sod when Jose first came back.

Hazard is only young and he needs to learn when to keep quiet, he won't make the same mistake twice.

I don't think Jose needed to fire back in the press but, maybe he thinks it will get a positive response from Hazard and show him who is boss.

I will defiantly side with the man who has won 2 Champions league titles and league titles in Portugal,England,Italy and Spain.