The Mourinho Thread

I was overly harsh after the Crystal Palace game, and fumed and ranted how I wanted everyone gone, but that is hardly the case after realizing what this season is going to be. Clearly we won't be winning much of anything this time around, but a good balance, and turnaround into playing good football would be good.

I think Mou thought he had a little something when he put Matic on the bench, but clearly, he isn't the problem. Fabs has to be dropped, or used as a sub. He is a good player, but Matic is constantly doing the job of two men, and clearly he has broken down doing that. The guy is a workhorse, but he can't keep it up for two seasons. He was a match winner constantly through last season just by working harder than anyone else. Get him a decent supporting partner like RLC down there and I honestly think that whole backline gets a lot more security and comfort knowing two absolute beasts are infront of them keeping the line safe. Plus Matic doesn't get enough credit for how good he is with the ball. People constantly slate him for taking his time, but more often than not, he is harassed by two players at a time.

Hopefully Iva is dropped, Hazard hits some form, and Fabs is used mostly as a sub throughout the season. Someone more dynamic is needed next to Matic, and it isn't Fab. If he wants to play, it should be further up the park where his lack of defending isn't as vital to the game.

For as good a "player manager" Mou is, this season it is slipping away from him. We have pieces that can allow us to win the premier league. In my eyes, talent wise, we are probably 3rd behind City and United, but we have a better manager than both. We can't compete in Europe with this team, but we can do some work.

Baba and RLC need to start for me. Kennedy should be getting game time whenever we can give it to him too.

Champions League and Seria A: May 2010. More than 5 years. After that he managed for 5 years two clubs with huge money and amanzing individual talents.

Last season we were the first team to make a profit in the transfer market in the PL that went on to win the title in ten seasons - yeah some credit due!

If you want to talk about talent & sums spent then look no further than City & Pellegrino - still no CL or the latter stages i might add or Utd with what Moyes & Van Gaal have spent in the past 3 seasons whilst achieving nothing.....

That said Jose has to improve, so far its been a disaster & one that is going to challenge him in more ways than one, he is so far away from the manager that we had first time around right now, no question of that.

Nobody could have predicted that the core of Chelsea would under perform. The signings made were perfect at the time, a striker, winger and fullback. They were areas that needed strengthening in depth and they were. Diego Costa, Hazard, Ivanovic, Terry, Matic, Courtois and Fabregas are underperforming. They are all starters from last season, no manager in the world could handle 7/11 of their team falling apart in the blink of an eye. This is a freak occurrence. Everything will be fine.

Thanks to a certain member for bringing this up and making it clear to me.

cesc and matic had been under-performing since the last season to be fair.

hazard is not just under-performing, he is non-performing. he was so so so vital for the team. infact for half a season, he literally carried the whole attack. i dont see much difference in the players' performance right now and the season end.

differences:

1. hazard

2. our system. from a low block - we have shifted to a high line. our mid consisting of a certain liability has been shocking in covering for our defence.

also, obviously everything will be fine. hazard is a world class player and will get back to his last season form. by then we would have dropped the league (if we have not already), and would be in a top4 dog fight. its almost arsenal-ish. team that should be fighting for the league should not be depended on one player's quality. and that is where the coach comes in.

Mmmmm where to start? I seriously have no idea what's going on, we looked on the path to get back into form after Arsenal, now we're shit again.
I can't help but feel that we lost a bit of our identity once the likes of Lampard and Cole left, i think that last season re-signing of Drogba was one of the main reasons why we kept winning after march while performing poorly, now that he's gone and JT is benched we have none of the old Chelsea give it all for 90 minutes until we win, look no further than Fairy ass, he doesn't give a shit about the shirt, i'm seriously starting to despise the guy as much as ivanovic. This team is gutless and with a serious lack of balls.
José needs to man up finally. Bench these pussies for good, play some of the kids, finally fucking slay ivanovic and fabregas in front of the press for all i care and don't even let them stay on the bench, they don't deserve that.

We seriously need new defenders, JT is on the bench yes, but what can we do? We can't set up the whole team to shield him and i don't think anyway he can play every match in the pl anymore, we've 4 good defenders, 2 proper in GC and Dave and 2 kids in Zouma and Baba, that is not good enough for us.
I'm disappointed so far by everyone at the club, this could've been our season of winning big things and build upon the success of last season, but apparently we're not interested in that, we failed to fix our main issues in the summer, players now look well fed with a PL title under their belt and can't give a shit anymore about performing and José is lacking balls. Just fucking play fucking RLC and Baba! I would be better than Ivanovic and Fabregas out of sheer will to do well and pride of playing for Chelsea!

Nobody could have predicted that the core of Chelsea would under perform. The signings made were perfect at the time, a striker, winger and fullback. They were areas that needed strengthening in depth and they were. Diego Costa, Hazard, Ivanovic, Terry, Matic, Courtois and Fabregas are underperforming. They are all starters from last season, no manager in the world could handle 7/11 of their team falling apart in the blink of an eye. This is a freak occurrence. Everything will be fine.

Agreed with all of this until you said "everything will be fine." Sure, these underperforming players have to improve (can't get much worse) but will they do so before it's too late? Certainly think we'll be fine getting through our CL group but I'm truly worried about our PL play.

Just looking at all of the sides above us and thinking "we have better players than all of them except for City." FFS, United didn't even have a quality striker for a while and are now playing a 19 year old who's new to the country and are 9 fucking points ahead of us! They have a makeshift, terrible looking defense with a winger playing RB, a midfielder playing CB, their star keeper didn't even play for weeks, and their best LB injured for months and we've conceded loads more than they have.

I'd be more optimistic if we were simply getting unlucky and the poor form of our players was steadily improving, but our defense and midfield look shit game after game and don't look like suddenly snapping back into form.

I dare say many TC members did see the risk in not strengthening during the summer and, I think, people here were saying Iva isn't good enough even before last season.

In their defence, in the last 5 years Mourinho has won; Serie A, La Liga, EPL, FA Cup, Coppa Italia, Copa Del Rey and the Champions League.

Please, a little respect for the man. One bad season and he's suddenly a mediocre fraud :lol:

Mourinho has a certain standard he sets for himself. Since he left Inter in 2010.... Two league titles. Zero Champions league titles, including trashings at the hands of Dortmund and Atletico Madrid and last season's embarrassment vs PSG. And a couple of small cups few care about. And let's not talk about the horrid football his team's have *generally* played in this time period. That's very average.

"I don't think my players deserve me to be critical of them apart from the two mistakes but obviously I'm not going to point the finger. It's a difficult opponent and a difficult place to play. The Champions League brings a different emotion to matches, to the crowd and opposing players. I think the team played well."

"It was a good performance with two ridiculous mistakes. Sometimes you make those mistakes and you are not punished, we were punished. With the second goal it's a ridiculous mistake. We watched dozens of repetitions of Porto taking corners, I thought we were completely ready for that and at a moment when the game was under control and we were preparing to make a change we conceded that goal. We had another similar mistake when they hit the post. Apart from that I thought we had balance, defensively we had no problems and the defenders played well."

"The basic thing in football is a defensive set play; the ball is there, you know the movements, control the spaces. The players reacted in a positive way and the team played for a positive result. Diego hit the bar, Ivanovic had a chance with an open goal and in the last minute it was a clear penalty (for a challenge on Kenedy). We reacted and we reacted well."

"When the team is not winning on a regular basis it's normal you have to make changes. Games like tonight are the difficult ones to analyse and make decisions after because the result doesn't mean you played badly, the mistakes we made twice doesn't mean the team defended badly. When it's a disaster it's easier to make decisions. We have to find balance. We now have two home games in the Premier League and we need to try to get good results. Good feelings, happiness, self-esteem, the players need those to play and when luck goes against you it's difficult to have those feelings."

oh my god... he has lost it. absolutely lost it.

its called protecting his team! how can you not see that?

He will obviously be telling them something very different behind closed doors.

Mmmmm where to start? I seriously have no idea what's going on, we looked on the path to get back into form after Arsenal, now we're shit again.

back into shape after the arsenal ? no joke !
This year we did not win a game in cleaned way

vs swansea: he drew, but we could lose, as well as newcastle!

he have won only two clubs of lower level, and won 2 PL matchs cause of expulsions!

He has to go.

Mourinho just isn't your long-term manager, as much as I'd love him to be one. He comes in your club when it's in bad position, crates "us against them" mentality, motivates players and wins trophies by playing defensive football. Then he loses it. The players are tired after playing all the matches in the previous season, motivation drops because trophies were won, there is no rotation - the same players play every match, players that don't play feel alienated. Young players (besides few) feel like they have no future at the club. Bad results come and some players (usually leaders - Casillas, JT) express their disappointment just to receive harsh treatment and isolation from the manager. Some players that are Mourinho's favorite stand by his side and this causes even more drama in the club.

Mourinho is like a match, he lights brightly and burns quickly. We need a candle.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

back into shape after the arsenal ? no joke !
This year we did not win a game in cleaned way

vs swansea: he drew, but we could lose, as well as newcastle!

he have won only two clubs of lower level, and won 2 PL matchs cause of expulsions!

Against WBA too?

He has to go.

Mourinho just isn't your long-term manager, as much as I'd love him to be one. He comes in your club when it's in bad position, crates "us against them" mentality, motivates players and wins trophies by playing defensive football. Then he loses it. The players are tired after playing all the matches in the previous season, motivation drops because trophies were won, there is no rotation - the same players play every match, players that don't play feel alienated. Young players (besides few) feel like they have no future at the club. Bad results come and some players (usually leaders - Casillas, JT) express their disappointment just to receive harsh treatment and isolation from the manager. Some players that are Mourinho's favorite stand by his side and this causes even more drama in the club.

Mourinho is like a match, he lights brightly and burns quickly. We need a candle.

What

A

:worship: :tophat: :clap: