The Mourinho Thread

It was funny, because as soon as the things were ugly, he called both players. The message actually was (bad with Hazard and Matic, even worst without both).

Exactly :lol:

Nevermind about Mourinho wanting to scapegoat Oscar as well for some reason. He hasn't played well, but fucking hell he has played nowhere near as bad a Fabregas.

How about all Chelsea fans learn from Dortmund fans of last year? Patience is a virtue....

Bullshit.

Dortmund is not a big club. It may have been at one point in their history, but not anymore. Dortmund and Chelsea are nothing alike. What happened to Dortmund? They didn't qualify for the Champions League. Now they're on an average club.

People really need to up their mentality. Aim for bigger things, ask for more consistency, not the same under-dog shite every year.

A year without the Champions League would be the death of our ambitions of being a top club. Key players will leave, and we'll have trouble signing replacements. We'll be truly doomed.

The stats you need to know

• Chelsea have lost more games this season (5) than in the whole of last season
  • The Blues suffered their first defeat in 10 European matches against Portuguese opposition, with their last defeat also against Porto
  • Mourinho's side have conceded 18 goals this season - last season, they conceded their 18th goal on 10 December

from BBC

I'm not even sure what I want at this point.

When Mou came back, I thought he'd be the long term option, and stay here forever... He has immense powers with players in terms of signings and getting the players he wants to the club (Yes, I realize we hardly got anyone this off season).

It is hard to completely deduce what is going wrong at the moment. Like most, I thought we were already poor the second half of the season when we won last years title, but I guess winning was a habit at that point and the players just knew what they were doing.

Is it poor coaching, or are the players not good enough any more? I hardly doubt it is the players. We have a squad with the names Hazard, Matic, Costa, Azpi, etc. All names that would start just about anywhere in the world. All guys who are top 5 at their position in the world at the very least.

It has to be the coaching, right? This team just doesn't play efficient or optimising football given what we have... Why are we so low in the pitch defending half the time?

When it rains, it pours I guess. I have no idea what is up anymore.

Jose has started the cull he should of done a month ago but its clear he didn't go far enough as the 2 main protagonists were again left untouched, its strange cus where ever I go I get the same feedback from fans regarding Ivanovich yet Jose keeps playing him? Now if the layman can see it then I'm damn sure Roman can? So with that in mind Jose is either making a point to the board, he wants the boot or as I keep saying there is deeper rumblings going on behind the scenes & not just Evagate either!

There are 2 arguments that are regurgitating in this thread, the first blaming José for not becoming proactive in remedying our current predicament with team selection amongst a list of others that I tend to ignore & another where the players are equally at fault as they simply aren't giving that 100% commitment you'd expect or are just not giving the level of performance they are capable of & we all know there is so much more in their locker but are no where near their full throttle rendering José redundant in everything he tries to achieve.

Well I'll tell you this, I concur with both arguments (please don't quote me on this or that I've read enough of the same old - thanks!) & I'll hold my hands up & be man enough to say Ive been wrong in my defence/views on José as is his current status managing our club.....however I won't give up on him either, I unequivocally don't agree with fans who want him out - their opinion, I just hope he is given the time to prove you lot wrong & then perhaps we can see who really are true Blues fans because they will be honest enough to eat some humble!

Definitely more questions than answers, I just hope he finds the right chemistry & solution quickly. For me José can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by integrating some of the exceptional youth he has at his disposal thus dropping some of the senior players to give them a boot up the arse which if anything should make them perform to their level again, just one notion of where Jose has gone wrong but I'm one of those thousands of back seat managers!

play the kids Jose. There's no hunger or ambition among many players and it's time play Kenedy, RLC, Musonda and the like more often now. You can call it suicidal in an attempt to win a top four spot but are they honestly going to win anything continuing on this path? You can shuffle all you want. Same dog shit recipe. Play the kids Jose.

In their defence, in the last 5 years Mourinho has won; Serie A, La Liga, EPL, FA Cup, Coppa Italia, Copa Del Rey and the Champions League.

Please, a little respect for the man. One bad season and he's suddenly a mediocre fraud :lol:

Champions League and Seria A: May 2010. More than 5 years. After that he managed for 5 years two clubs with huge money and amanzing individual talents.

"I don't think my players deserve me to be critical of them apart from the two mistakes but obviously I'm not going to point the finger. It's a difficult opponent and a difficult place to play. The Champions League brings a different emotion to matches, to the crowd and opposing players. I think the team played well."

"It was a good performance with two ridiculous mistakes. Sometimes you make those mistakes and you are not punished, we were punished. With the second goal it's a ridiculous mistake. We watched dozens of repetitions of Porto taking corners, I thought we were completely ready for that and at a moment when the game was under control and we were preparing to make a change we conceded that goal. We had another similar mistake when they hit the post. Apart from that I thought we had balance, defensively we had no problems and the defenders played well."

"The basic thing in football is a defensive set play; the ball is there, you know the movements, control the spaces. The players reacted in a positive way and the team played for a positive result. Diego hit the bar, Ivanovic had a chance with an open goal and in the last minute it was a clear penalty (for a challenge on Kenedy). We reacted and we reacted well."

"When the team is not winning on a regular basis it's normal you have to make changes. Games like tonight are the difficult ones to analyse and make decisions after because the result doesn't mean you played badly, the mistakes we made twice doesn't mean the team defended badly. When it's a disaster it's easier to make decisions. We have to find balance. We now have two home games in the Premier League and we need to try to get good results. Good feelings, happiness, self-esteem, the players need those to play and when luck goes against you it's difficult to have those feelings."

oh my god... he has lost it. absolutely lost it.

to me the main quotes I will judge him on are this ones:

"When the team is not winning on a regular basis it's normal you have to make changes....We have to find balance. "

he further said "I don't want to point my finger at a single Player."

To me this means, he knows who made the mistakes and were the main problem (Iva and Cesc, Pedro was awfull too) and he drops em. He will restore Hazard. I'm not sure with Matic, his main contributions were a shot into row y-57 and a yellow card for a tactical foul.

Lol, too bad if that happens because I'll be still here supporting Chelsea. Why? Because I'm Chelsea 'till I die, that's why. I cannot speak for the others, but I'm pretty sure most will stay.

I mean How dare us to criticise the underperforming players. How dare us be angry at Mourinho for picking liability players over and over. How dare us to expect more from our players?

Sorry for not being a blinded fan.

If that's the message you're picking up from my post then the point of it is quite clearly sailing over your head. The amount of extremists on here, who are exaggerating things to such an incredible degree, that make it seem as if the rapture is upon us - they're the spoilt bastards who need to go to another club.