The Mourinho Thread

Don't sack him mid season. Would be a terrible decision.

Finish outside of the top 4 and then we should get Klopp or throw everything possible at Pep. If we can't get one of those two, there's no point in sacking José. There aren't any managers out there who could do better in my opinion.

Realistically we won't win any trophies this season and will have trouble fishing in the top 4.

Best to let Jose see out the season so he has no excuses when Roman gives him the flick along with his best boy Ivanovic.

Cannot disagree with anything written in either article.

Hence why many people are frustrated - even Stevie Wonder can see what the problems are :)

I think that even Mou didn't expect that so many players will play so shit this season, after winning the league last year...

His coaching and preparation are also factors

Yes you can't just blame the manager, you can't also just blame the players - but the dynamic is no longer working between them - that is clear for all to see.

So either one or both need to change ASAP (voluntarily), or an enforced change will likely occur.

This is successful season after effects. In my opinion it is all starting from Cech decision, etc, etc and in the end Pogba rejection. All of that were series of 'unfortunate' events.

Looking forward to January window, for a change. For sure next season we will be back.

If Mourinho was going to scapegoat Oscar at every opportunity I'm not sure why he wasn't sold to Juve for a pretty penny during the summer. At this rate he'll be sold next summer but for much, much less...all thanks to the man-mangement magic of José Mourinho.

This is what kills me.

This is equally damning as well.

A breakdown of the goals they have scored in the Premier League so far this season is telling. Of those 11, two have been crossed free kicks that wrong-footed the goalkeeper; two have been ludicrously good long shots; two have been own goals from ludicrously pronounced deflections; and one has been a header from a set-piece.

So the vast majority of their goals have not come from constructive play or attacking patterns.

This is equally damning as well.

True. I already knew about that so I wasn't surprised when pointed out. It's really bad.

The quality of Chelsea's attacking play has always been disappointing to me but the defensive problems are something else. Failing in both sides of the game. Mourinho has a lot of work to do. Probably too much to save the season.

Me too!

We have the attacking prowess of a blind, asthmatic snail :(

Yup. I have to say, I think Delaney was spot on with his article.

But I still have hope.

Someone get Hazard a can of spinache.

If Mourinho was going to scapegoat Oscar at every opportunity I'm not sure why he wasn't sold to Juve for a pretty penny during the summer. At this rate he'll be sold next summer but for much, much less...all thanks to the man-mangement magic of José Mourinho.

Tbf, that piece is based on pure speculation. No quotes, not even a mention of 'sources at the club'. Juve were interested, that's undeniable, but we don't know whether they made a bid.

They're bargain hunters anyway. Doubt they could/would make a good offer.