Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Not sure I could take another season of seeing Azpi get torched defensively, not be able to recover at all if someone gets by him, play terrible forward passes to nobody, and smack 5 crosses per match into the man defending him.

I totally understand Tuchel loving his leadership and spirit but for goodness sake, he has been past it and finished at the elite level for 2 seasons now. Just let him go enjoy his final playing days in his sunny homeland.

With as frequently as Reece picks up injuries we could once again be looking at having painfully poor Azpi playing dozens of matches. And that sever,y hampers our cutting edge in attack.

Regarding Azpi, I think TT wants him to stay for stability. We will probably buy James's cover but we'll still keep Azpi around. With the new owners, new players, new staff it would help to have someone that has been around a while in the squad. Azpi will probably just play a handful of games next season in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

De Ligt! Is he any good? Not seen much of him. I thought he had a terrible start to his Juve career?

Apart from his first season, De Ligt has been decent although not outstanding. You won't see many Juve fans crying if he sold for €100m.

Edited by Blues Forever

30 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Regarding Azpi, I think TT wants him to stay for stability. We will probably buy James's cover but we'll still keep Azpi around. With the new owners, new players, new staff it would help to have someone that has been around a while in the squad. Azpi will probably just play a handful of games next season in my opinion.

Probably hence why he's willing to move on because he probably sees opportunities as limited here. Chalobah being preferred in the cup final says as much to his future here.

17 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Big no from me. Huge ego, huge salary, massive injury history.. 

We just lost one of our most important players because of salary debate. Neymars current wage is 600k pounds/week, even ef he agrees to earn half of it his salary would be massive in our squad.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whichever way you look at it, the new ownership this summer will be relying on the old guard regarding scouting, recruiting, etc this summer.

In an ideal world we could make minimal changes this summer and spend more money next year under a new regime but unfortunately changes are clearly necessary now.

Good point.

Yet buying for the sake of buying players for positions in need even when a candidate of the required quality is not available is what brought us all those useless players.

It just feels like we are marching into that trap again and everybody knows it except for who is making the decisions at the club. So frustrating.

Spending big money on 3 CB’s in the same summer is overkill. Two + Colwill getting the Chalobah treatment (lots of game time though not a starter every match) should be good.

Azpi, AC, and Rüdiger out, Koundé, Gvardiol, and Colwill in. We’ll then need a new wingback of some sort to replace Azpi and Alonso.

5 hours ago, JDY said:

Buying Gvardiol who is the exact same profile as Colwill (LCB in a 3, similar age, left footed) would no doubt in my mind signal the end of Colwill at Chelsea. We really can't carrying on making the same mistakes over and over surely.

Signing someone like Koulibaly who can play central CB and LCB in a 3, and also Kounde I guess is the most likely for RCB. Those two and Colwill coming back covers all departures and brings much needed experience. Having Koulibaly who can play in the middle is definitely something we need as we can't rely on Silva to play every game at his age. If this happens I can see Colwill having a similar first season to Reece James' first, with us starting the season with Koulibaly-Silva-Kounde but ending it with Colwill-Koulibaly-Kounde.

If we can play with 3 right footed CB’s in a back 3 why can’t we have more than one lefty? Gvardiol can cover LB spot ,one of them could take over from Silva eventually. don’t see it being a case of Gvardiol or Colwill.

Colwill at worst is a big upgrade over Sarr.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Have not even recovered from the Lukaku failure and we are already throwing huge lumps of money on the next misfit. If the Kounde rumours come true, this menas the club has learned little out of previous failures even under a new ownership

Let us all hope I am as wrong on Kounde as I have ever been on a player

Perisic close to spurs reports suggesting tonight.

Disappointing one for me as I think he could do a really good job here potentially on both flanks for a season or two and fill a gap in a cost effective manner.

I really hope we don't sink 40-50m on Cucurella and are sat with 100m worth of left backs/wing backs.