Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

how many times do I have to post these line-ups?

2fe3bcb435455d38e5da01d5a507e021.pngbb91bc9deeec6dc7fad064d1af5bbd71.pngc1309cb68a14d37dcacb3eb8760c0c18.pnge055f61e2d2945743f2470a0c254a674.png

Interesting, I stand corrected. My apologies, I don't come here often nowadays hadn't seen you posting these previously. As long as it doesn't directly interfere with Colwill I have no issues with us signing him, I just would be so annoyed to see us repeating the same mistakes again.

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

The more people talk about the back 3 and the players we are signing the more depressed I get about next season. Because what is changing from this past season to next season?

Talking about Kounde and Gcardiol as WB occasionally gets me as depressed as thinking about Lukaku next season.

Personally I think its more likely lazy journalism. Both have played full back in the past so as a result the assumption is both can also play wing back when that simply isn't the case.

43 minutes ago, JDY said:

Interesting, I stand corrected. My apologies, I don't come here often nowadays hadn't seen you posting these previously. As long as it doesn't directly interfere with Colwill I have no issues with us signing him, I just would be so annoyed to see us repeating the same mistakes again.

no problem, and I was not having a go at you specifically, sorry if it came off as such

👋🏾

12 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Regarding Azpi, I think TT wants him to stay for stability. We will probably buy James's cover but we'll still keep Azpi around. With the new owners, new players, new staff it would help to have someone that has been around a while in the squad. Azpi will probably just play a handful of games next season in my opinion.

Could well be. Jose bringing The Drog back for just such a role is a precedent.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Perisic close to spurs reports suggesting tonight.

Disappointing one for me as I think he could do a really good job here potentially on both flanks for a season or two and fill a gap in a cost effective manner.

I really hope we don't sink 40-50m on Cucurella and are sat with 100m worth of left backs/wing backs.

Having read a bit further down the thread I see that @Pizy already said what I had posted here and said it better too: -

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

If Azpi leaves, we should look to Mount or James for captaincy.

No more of this nonsense of having the oldest player be captain.  

When Reece was eighteen I suggested that he would be club captain one day. Last season I rescinded that because he isn't suited to the media responsibilities. I don't think he's shown anything this season which should change that take. Mason is way better in that regard but still not an ideal candidate in my opinion. Rudi would have been perfect. Wonder how much Real would want for him? 😒

7 hours ago, DDA said:

I really like the idea of Bissouma coming here. An extremely gifted player in my eyes.

My only query with him is why is he still at Brighton. On the face of it he's shown enough to attract the interest of bigger clubs here and abroad yet none of them has been motivated enough to make an offer Brighton can't refuse. The only reason I can think of is that Bissouma and his agent are the ones holding things up because they are happy to run down his contract and collect a huge signing fee after a 'free transfer.'

42 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

My only query with him is why is he still at Brighton. On the face of it he's shown enough to attract the interest of bigger clubs here and abroad yet none of them has been motivated enough to make an offer Brighton can't refuse. The only reason I can think of is that Bissouma and his agent are the ones holding things up because they are happy to run down his contract and collect a huge signing fee after a 'free transfer.'

Also, he was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault. Clubs have been wary of going for him

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

If we sold Jorginho and retained Azpi there would still be similar questions to be asked because the assumption would be that Azpi won't play regularly and therefore whilst he might be club captain, he wouldn't regularly be on pitch captain. I guess if Azpi is still here and can perform a lot of the media representation as captain of the club it would make things easier for someone like Silva to be on pitch captain despite language barriers but even then, he's turning 38 and isn't going on forever.

Mount and James are obvious potential long term captains but with them still being so young you have to really be sure giving them that role full time as it would be a bit of a PR disaster taking it away if the club decided to in the future.

Assuming the club eventually buys Rice he may also be a better candidate than mount and James for that role too, especially given his experience of doing it at West Ham.

Someone that I think could probably work in the short term is Kova. He'll likely play regularly and I think similar to Azpi and Jorginho, he might not be a natural captain but he's someone willing to take responsibility and lead by example and as a result he appears universally respected within the squad for those qualities.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If we sold Jorginho and retained Azpi there would still be similar questions to be asked because the assumption would be that Azpi won't play regularly and therefore whilst he might be club captain, he wouldn't regularly be on pitch captain. I guess if Azpi is still here and can perform a lot of the media representation as captain of the club it would make things easier for someone like Silva to be on pitch captain despite language barriers but even then, he's turning 38 and isn't going on forever.

Mount and James are obvious potential long term captains but with them still being so young you have to really be sure giving them that role full time as it would be a bit of a PR disaster taking it away if the club decided to in the future.

Assuming the club eventually buys Rice he may also be a better candidate than mount and James for that role too, especially given his experience of doing it at West Ham.

Someone that I think could probably work in the short term is Kova. He'll likely play regularly and I think similar to Azpi and Jorginho, he might not be a natural captain but he's someone willing to take responsibility and lead by example and as a result he appears universally respected within the squad for those qualities.

Beginning to see Rudiger was the perfect transition captain to Mason/Reece

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That is an interesting question but for me he is a top player. I have been raving about him for a while and before we signed Saul on loan, I was hoping we would sign him to compete with Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante and was . I thought Arsenal were going to go in for him last season but I think they were put off that he would be going to AFCON and went for Lokonga (fortunately) as Bissouma would suit them perfectly. But I have watched him and I have raved about him in this forum before. Just search the 'search' button and see what I have posted. Has had enough stellar season. There isn't anything he lacks. He is athletic, strong, good technique and vision also.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Also, he was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault. Clubs have been wary of going for him

That was towards end of 2021, but even before that he has bene linked with moves but never materialized. That is an interesting point though. I still think teams will go in for him though despite that.

I too am a big fan of Bissouma and whilst there are always question marks over some player's abilities to "step up" to higher levels I would be confident he could simply due to him being such a big and important cog in the centre of a Brighton midfield who regularly aim to go toe to toe with any team they come up against to dominate possession and control the game.

I dont know if his court case is due to be resolved this summer. If it is, and assuming he's cleared, he'd be a great target and I would assume very affordable with only a year left on his contract.

I think if we sell Jorginho and Dave then maybe Kovacic gets the armband..if indeed it’s deemed too soon for Mount.

There isnt really any obvious choices but looking at those who play with a certain fire in their bellies. and although RJ does he is more of a silent assassin at this point of his career.