Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

It seems negotiating not going smoothly with Gavi and Barca, heck of a player.

Would replace Jorgi with him in an instant. I do worry about him adapting to PL like saul (although he was already washed up).

20 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Would replace Jorgi with him in an instant. I do worry about him adapting to PL like saul (although he was already washed up).

Very different players, he is more of an attacking CM than a CDM. Plus he is only 17, would need time. I think he is more skilled than Pedri.

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

He needs to be here next year, he has shown more than Trev did while out on loan. We cannot afford another Guehi. 

If we sign 2 centre backs to go alongside Silva, Trev and Colwill I'd be happy with that centre back group. Especially if we get a viable second right wing back too as James can fill in at RCB too when required.

Buying Gvardiol who is the exact same profile as Colwill (LCB in a 3, similar age, left footed) would no doubt in my mind signal the end of Colwill at Chelsea. We really can't carrying on making the same mistakes over and over surely.

Signing someone like Koulibaly who can play central CB and LCB in a 3, and also Kounde I guess is the most likely for RCB. Those two and Colwill coming back covers all departures and brings much needed experience. Having Koulibaly who can play in the middle is definitely something we need as we can't rely on Silva to play every game at his age. If this happens I can see Colwill having a similar first season to Reece James' first, with us starting the season with Koulibaly-Silva-Kounde but ending it with Colwill-Koulibaly-Kounde.

See our name has been linked with Pau Torres again. Personally, he doesn’t impress me at all. He looks like kind of a lanky, awkward CB who is a bit sluggish. He just screams average to me. Doesn’t feel Chelsea quality to my eyes. 

He looks nowhere close to as impressive as Gvardiol. Let United blow €50-60m on him. Has flop written all over him.

Have not even recovered from the Lukaku failure and we are already throwing huge lumps of money on the next misfit. If the Kounde rumours come true, this menas the club has learned little out of previous failures even under a new ownership

6 hours ago, DDA said:

You think Gavi would come here to play beautiful football with Lukaku 🤣👍

I'm not even entirely convinced Gavi is even better than Gilmour. 

Gilmour would shine in La Liga given the freedom he'd be allowed. 

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Have not even recovered from the Lukaku failure and we are already throwing huge lumps of money on the next misfit. If the Kounde rumours come true, this menas the club has learned little out of previous failures even under a new ownership

Whichever way you look at it, the new ownership this summer will be relying on the old guard regarding scouting, recruiting, etc this summer.

In an ideal world we could make minimal changes this summer and spend more money next year under a new regime but unfortunately changes are clearly necessary now.