Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I'm sure someone mentioned this a while ago, may have been @Tomo what are peoples thoughts on Dwight Mcneil as a possible left wing back option?

With Burnley's relegation and I think he only has 2 years left on his contract they'd probably take a very reasonable fee for him.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm sure someone mentioned this a while ago, may have been @Tomo what are peoples thoughts on Dwight Mcneil as a possible left wing back option?

With Burnley's relegation and I think he only has 2 years left on his contract they'd probably take a very reasonable fee for him.

Cornett aswell could potentially be a good option. Although I'm really paranoid we're going to roll with Emerson which will lead to another major LB/LWB crisis if Chilwell needs time to reacclimatize to playing.

1 hour ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

If we can play with 3 right footed CB’s in a back 3 why can’t we have more than one lefty? Gvardiol can cover LB spot ,one of them could take over from Silva eventually. don’t see it being a case of Gvardiol or Colwill.

Colwill at worst is a big upgrade over Sarr.

It's not a problem that they're left footed just that there's no evidence as far as I'm aware of either playing in the middle of a 3. Only LB and LCB for Gvardiol at Zagreb/Leipzig and LCB in Colwill's short career so far. I feel like the central position is more important to get right so entrusting a 19 year old Colwill to be the deputy for Silva could be a risk short term. Instead of shoehorning him into that role why not play him in his more natural position, and bring in someone more experienced (considering we're losing Rudiger and Azpi in that regard)?

Edited by JDY

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cornett aswell could potentially be a good option. Although I'm really paranoid we're going to roll with Emerson which will lead to another major LB/LWB crisis if Chilwell needs time to reacclimatize to playing.

I think Emerson will be moved on. He had six months with Tuchel before leaving on loan and clearly wasn't in his plans then.

He was an ideal option to call back in January given the circumstances but I'd be surprised if Tuchel decided to keep him.

14 minutes ago, JDY said:

It's not a problem that they're left footed just that there's no evidence as far as I'm aware of either playing in the middle of a 3. Only LB and LCB for Gvardiol at Zagreb/Leipzig and LCB in Colwill's short career so far. I feel like the central position is more important to get right so entrusting a 19 year old Colwill to be the deputy for Silva could be a risk short term. Instead of shoehorning him into that role why not play him in his more natural position, and bring in someone more experienced (considering we're losing Rudiger and Azpi in that regard)?

I have read in a couple of instances that Chelsea may view the versatility of both Kounde and Gvardiol as important as they feel both could operate effectively in the wing back roles too.

Not sure how much I see either excelling in that role (think Kounde would probably be reasonable but won't be near James' level) but if that was a plan it would open up greater opportunities for Colwill in the back 3 possibly.

I think unless we buy someone who can obviously play in the middle, out of those we currently have and are heavily linked with, Trev actually looks the best bet to fill in for Silva at times next season.

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cornet apparently has a £17.5m release clause now Burnley have gone down.

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I have read in a couple of instances that Chelsea may view the versatility of both Kounde and Gvardiol as important as they feel both could operate effectively in the wing back roles too.

Not sure how much I see either excelling in that role (think Kounde would probably be reasonable but won't be near James' level) but if that was a plan it would open up greater opportunities for Colwill in the back 3 possibly.

I think unless we buy someone who can obviously play in the middle, out of those we currently have and are heavily linked with, Trev actually looks the best bet to fill in for Silva at times next season.

The more people talk about the back 3 and the players we are signing the more depressed I get about next season. Because what is changing from this past season to next season?

Talking about Kounde and Gcardiol as WB occasionally gets me as depressed as thinking about Lukaku next season.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Perisic close to spurs reports suggesting tonight.

Disappointing one for me as I think he could do a really good job here potentially on both flanks for a season or two and fill a gap in a cost effective manner.

I really hope we don't sink 40-50m on Cucurella and are sat with 100m worth of left backs/wing backs.

It’s pretty much a no brainer for him to choose Spuds over us if we were ever even interested. Worked with Conte, knows precisely what he wants, and will walk straight into their first XI. He would’ve been a backup here and he probably feels like he’s too good for that. 

Very solid signing for them, annoyingly. Like I’ve said previously, if Conte brings in 3-4 quality signings this summer he’ll probably feel like he can do some serious damage.

43 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Cornet apparently has a £17.5m release clause now Burnley have gone down.

jeebus fucking christ on a pogo stick

now we are talking about Maxwel Cornet as a target????

are we now shopping at Fulham or Palace level????

shoot me now

1 hour ago, JDY said:

It's not a problem that they're left footed just that there's no evidence as far as I'm aware of either playing in the middle of a 3. Only LB and LCB for Gvardiol at Zagreb/Leipzig 

how many times do I have to post these line-ups?

2fe3bcb435455d38e5da01d5a507e021.pngbb91bc9deeec6dc7fad064d1af5bbd71.pngc1309cb68a14d37dcacb3eb8760c0c18.pnge055f61e2d2945743f2470a0c254a674.png

Edited by Vesper

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Borna Sosa should be the wingback target #1. 

Spinazzola makes Italy return for 'Finalissima' and Nations League

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220523-spinazzola-makes-italy-return-for-finalissima-and-nations-league

Leonardo Spinazzola after return from injury: “I dreamed of this moment for ten months.”

https://romapress.net/leonardo-spinazzola-after-playing-first-minutes-since-injury-i-dreamed-of-this-moment-for-ten-months/

acf-fiorentina-v-as-roma-serie-a-1-2048x1363.jpg?ezimgfmt=ng%3Awebp%2Fngcb2%2Frs%3Adevice%2Frscb2-1