Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

The reported fee by Romano that Newcastle are offering for Trippier is £25m. For me that’s way too much for a 31 year old fullback.

Other than Tuchel mentioning Emerson coming back we haven’t really heard a peep about anyone else. For that reason I think the club will take their chances with Azpi and Alonso and use CHO/Pulisic in emergency cases. Finding a deal in January for one of another clubs’ better players is nearly impossible. In the winter window it seems that you either have to go really big to almost force someone to reluctantly part with an important player (like offering Milan silly money for Theo) or you go really small and try to get a loan deal. Currently there  aren’t really any whispers that we’re doing either.

God help us this month with all these tough fixtures once Azpi and Alonso start getting fatigued.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Unless a crazy and unexpected cheap deal for a full back suddenly presents itself I don’t think anyone is coming.

I'd be shocked if we didn't sign anyone. We actually have a chance to push for trophies, despite our current predicament.

We have a senior squad of 25 players.  So in order to bring another in, atleast one will have to be moved on.

You would have to think Saul & Barkley would be the most likely from the Clubs thinking but how likely is this in Jan.

It'll probably hurt Us but for this reason I'm expecting no activity for the here & now in Jan.

(Unless there's a younger player We can promote or bring in).

KTBFFH!!

53 minutes ago, Malito said:

We have a senior squad of 25 players.  So in order to bring another in, atleast one will have to be moved on.

You would have to think Saul & Barkley would be the most likely from the Clubs thinking but how likely is this in Jan.

It'll probably hurt Us but for this reason I'm expecting no activity for the here & now in Jan.

(Unless there's a younger player We can promote or bring in).

KTBFFH!!

Since Chilly is out for the rest of the season, is it not possible to remove him from squad nomination in January?

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Since Chilly is out for the rest of the season, is it not possible to remove him from squad nomination in January?

I have no idea.  I guess it's possible but the Club may be understandably reluctant incase He returns sooner than expected.

I'm not clued up on the ins & outs of such things though tbh.

1 minute ago, Hamilton said:

Leicester showing interest in Charles De Ketelaere of Bruges, Tottenham and us also showing interest is rumored in a tabloid over here.

Together with some Italian clubs they are looking for a summer transfer.

I don't see us moving for him since we have Lukaku and Broja next season.

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

3 hours ago, Malito said:

I have no idea.  I guess it's possible but the Club may be understandably reluctant incase He returns sooner than expected.

I'm not clued up on the ins & outs of such things though tbh.

Don't think there's any chance of Chilwell returning this season. ACL injury takes a long time to recover and if he magically recovers fast, he won't the match fitness to play games either. 

Anyway, pretty sure we can add/remove player from the squad list this month. We still have space in the non-HG list and we can remove Chilwell or Lewis Baker, who is on the list for some reason:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/09/09/Chelsea-s-premier-league-squad-confirmed

20 hours ago, Pizy said:

The reported fee by Romano that Newcastle are offering for Trippier is £25m. For me that’s way too much for a 31 year old fullback.

Other than Tuchel mentioning Emerson coming back we haven’t really heard a peep about anyone else. For that reason I think the club will take their chances with Azpi and Alonso and use CHO/Pulisic in emergency cases. Finding a deal in January for one of another clubs’ better players is nearly impossible. In the winter window it seems that you either have to go really big to almost force someone to reluctantly part with an important player (like offering Milan silly money for Theo) or you go really small and try to get a loan deal. Currently there  aren’t really any whispers that we’re doing either.

God help us this month with all these tough fixtures once Azpi and Alonso start getting fatigued.

Apparently Dwight McNeil is available for £40m, if true we should be absolutely all over that. Tailor made for the wingback role and crucially is a different profile of player to James and Chilwell (in layman's terms natural winger).

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Apparently Dwight McNeil is available for £40m, if true we should be absolutely all over that. Tailor made for the wingback role and crucially is a different profile of player to James and Chilwell (in layman's terms natural winger).

Decent player, but is he Chelsea quality?