Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Conte made bang average players solid/functional wing backs. We even won title with them. And in 2nd season Alonso was in team of the year. Let's see if Tuchel can do the same? Pulisic, CHO, Saul, Maatsen so many options... It's up to him. 

Kenedy is someone I have zero doubt would produce great numbers offensively as wing back but is liability defensively, but who cares? 

Tuchel prefers Emerson, having coached him last season, and been impressed with his attitude, application and ability. Everton's Lucas Digne is an option for Chelsea, but they are first attempting to recall Emerson Palmieri from his loan with Lyon. 

17 minutes ago, milka said:

Tuchel prefers Emerson, having coached him last season, and been impressed with his attitude, application and ability. 

I mean Emerson is an option but let's spare the "Impressed with this application and ability" tripe considering he played a whopping 2 minutes for Tuchel in the league and Champions league. 

Wouldn’t be excited at all about Emerson coming back and don’t think he’s much of an improvement to Alonso. Only thing he really has that Marcos doesn’t is recovery pace when he gets caught out of position.

Lucas Digne would at least be a genuine weapon in attack.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Wouldn’t be excited at all about Emerson coming back and don’t think he’s much of an improvement to Alonso. Only thing he really has that Marcos doesn’t is recovery pace when he gets caught out of position.

Lucas Digne would at least be a genuine weapon in attack.

A move for Digne would only make sense if we can agree a loan deal. Spending £25m~ would be a waste IMO.

4 key targets? 

Kounde and Tchouameni are certain. 

And I imagine another strong, tall CB is 3rd with winger like Chiesa/Raphinha being 4th. But if 2 of 3 CBs extend contracts instead of another CB we may go for full/wing back. 

I’m still not sure I see the hype with Tchouameni. He looks like a solid youngster with nice potential but I’m just not seeing the “this dude will become world class” kind of hype that he’s getting. Comparing him directly to Declan Rice I don’t think he’s near that level currently.

Of course, Rice would cost 3x the price. But I’d probably be very disappointed if Rice did move to another PL club and we ended up with this kid instead. If Rice can be had we MUST get him.

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

Apparently Dwight McNeil is available for £40m, if true we should be absolutely all over that. Tailor made for the wingback role and crucially is a different profile of player to James and Chilwell (in layman's terms natural winger).

Don't get the idea. 40m is a lot of money for Dwight McNeil especially since he's more suited to a natural winger's role. We should be looking at a natural wing-back who is good defensively as well. We have wingers like CHO, Pulisic filling in at wing back - 

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Don't get the idea. 40m is a lot of money for Dwight McNeil especially since he's more suited to a natural winger's role. We should be looking at a natural wing-back who is good defensively as well. We have wingers like CHO, Pulisic filling in at wing back - 

Dwight McNeil for 40m wtf... the mere sound of that has me up in arms. That would be the most EPL transfer ever. Overrated bang average English chap with 3 years left on contract going for roughly the same fee that brought liverpool the best player in the world lol.

McNeil the slow-mo dribbler is exactly the kind of signing we should avoid forever. he only looks like having half decent technique bc he plays for fkin Burnley. Championship level player

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dwight McNeil for 40m wtf... the mere sound of that has me up in arms. That would be the most EPL transfer ever. Overrated bang average English chap with 3 years left on contract going for roughly the same fee that brought liverpool the best player in the world lol.

McNeil the slow-mo dribbler is exactly the kind of signing we should avoid forever. he only looks like having half decent technique bc he plays for fkin Burnley. Championship level player

He's not average. He's technically gifted. May be playing for Burnley but he seems ready for a winger role in a bigger team. Wing back at Chelsea is a gamble though.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

yes, just spend £10.5m more and buy the 3rd best LB/LWB on the planet (Theo), who can also play LCB