Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Sky Sports are reporting tonight that Newcastle have offered £22.5m and Sean Longstaff to Everton for Digne.

I think we should stay well clear. As a loan option to cover this season that would be fine, but it would be a huge mistake to buy him - he's not an answer long term to be spending money on.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Sky Sports are reporting tonight that Newcastle have offered £22.5m and Sean Longstaff to Everton for Digne.

I think we should stay well clear. As a loan option to cover this season that would be fine, but it would be a huge mistake to buy him - he's not an answer long term to be spending money on.

If Newcastle are seriously after any of our targets during this window, we should look the other way. They are going to pay over the odds due to their predicament. 

By all accounts Digne does not want Newcastle.  If true IMO he is waiting for us.   If you're Digne and your agent says Chelsea are looking at you, aswell as Newcastle, you'll hold out until you know for sure that Chelsea are/are not making it official. I have always suspected that if we did bid, it'd be last week of January.

I think he'd even pick West Ham before Newcastle.  They may be super rich, but they aren't appealing to players right this minute. They're looking right now as if they're going down.

If I was Eddie Howe this window I'd look at likes of Coutinho on loan, Lingard, Barkley, Aaron Ramsey, Origi, Tarkowski, Dean Henderson etc for example.   good squad players for now, try to survive, then go for the upper tier in the summer.

If Digne WAS signed permanent, then it would mean Alonso and Digne until May; then Alonso and Emerson go in the summer, and we then have Digne and Chilwell as LWB's next season on.   It's not beyond possibility.

Do i think it'll happen on a permanent though? not sure.  -  If Everton were to agree to a loan with buy option? Yes, i think it happens then

Edited by ChelseaFanUK

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I wonder if Malang Sarr may head out on loan this month.  I do like him, but was talk of Watford, West Ham and torino looking at him

doubt it. can barely field 3 CBs at the moment

23 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Is he worth £100k a week?

He does have better metrics than Chilwell in regards to chance creation and defensive duties. I'm 50/50 at the moment. If Theo Hernandez is available in the summer, then this will definitely be a difficult decision. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He does have better metrics than Chilwell in regards to chance creation and defensive duties. I'm 50/50 at the moment. If Theo Hernandez is available in the summer, then this will definitely be a difficult decision

You think the club will sign Theo, when Chilwell will return next season?

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chilwell will not be close to 100% for what will likely be a year, he seriously fucked his knee up

Yes, I'm aware about that but spending more than €100m for 2 left backs would be a bit overkill for the board.

Edited by Blues Forever