Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Trippier is 31. The exact opposite profile of player we’d target. Even on an emergency basis like this I can’t see it. 

Could imagine a 6 month loan but from his perspective it wouldn’t make sense as Newcastle will likely offer him a silly 3-4 year contract with huge wages because they’re desperate for “names.”

10 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

1: Who

2: And who can stroke the ball like Cruyff, yeah ok, if you find one let us know😀

3: The owner has 10 billion in the bank not the club

You know what I mean lol

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Explain for a simpleton about the other two remarks

It needs explaining? 🤔

Honestly, I can't even be assed to understand where you're going with this... 

All I can think about is the 97million betrayal in the form of Romelu Lukaku. 

18 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Digne be a decent signing for Newcastle to be fair. More his level. Plus their LB is Paul Dummet. Who is terrible.

Really don’t get the Barkley links, I mean well I get it (big money to spend and an overrated English player who could have his career saved under an overrated English manager) but I don’t see what he offers them when they’ve already got midfield players who show flashes and are so inconsistent. Plus did Eddie Howe not learn anything from when he loaned in Jack Wilshere at Bournemouth? Wasn’t exactly successful. If they offer anything over 10m for him on a perm deal, we should bite their hands off.

On 31/12/2021 at 16:36, Pizy said:

Trippier is 31. The exact opposite profile of player we’d target. Even on an emergency basis like this I can’t see it. 

Could imagine a 6 month loan but from his perspective it wouldn’t make sense as Newcastle will likely offer him a silly 3-4 year contract with huge wages because they’re desperate for “names.”

Thing is he is available and he wouldn't be that expensive plus he knows the league. Could end up similar to a Beletti type signing. 

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I know it is great for negotiations to have nobody speaking about protentional transfers, and Chelsea is great at staying quiet. As a person that goes full Muppet mode during the transfer window....it kills me!

While the board sucks balls doing transfers from a position of strength like demonstrated this summer (and the one in 2017, 2015, 2010, 2006 and every summer we won a big title apart from 05 and arguably 12), it is quite adept at fixing holes during times of need, so I can not see it being idle atm. The worry I have is more that we can not really trim the squad sufficiently again. I am not 100% sure but CHO is our only 21 or under player and if we not register baker or bettinelli we have exactly 25 players in the squad. So we have to get rid of someone to buy anew. and since we have most of our duds on too high wages we will struggle to offload which puts us in a terrible sales position. So we might be better advised to sell barkley first before buying.