Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

We aren't City though, if anything with the board wanting to recall Emerson or loan Digne should give you an indication about their approach. 

I am not saying we are Citeh, nor should drop that much dosh, but we need to buy great players, young enough to have some real resale value if they do not pan out 100% 

Just now, Vesper said:

I am not saying we are Citeh, nor should drop that much dosh, but we need to buy great players, young enough to have some real resale value if they do not pan out 100% 

I agree with you, but the board will likely to wait and see what happen with Chilwell before sanctioning a big money for another left back.

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

We aren't City though, if anything with the board wanting to recall Emerson or loan Digne should give you an indication about their approach. 

Barcelona 2009-2012, Real Madrid 2014-2018, Bayern, City, and now Liverpool have all seen success due to how reliant they are on their full backs. I would argue our system more so than them rely on our fullbacks the most. 

There is a major risk Chilwell doesn't come back the same player. If Theo is available and wants to come, I say go all in as he can become an elite LWB. Not to mention as Vesper alluded to, he can play LCB as well. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Barcelona 2009-2012, Real Madrid 2014-2018, Bayern, City, and now Liverpool have all seen success due to how reliant they are on their full backs. I would argue our system more so than them rely on our fullbacks the most. 

There is a major risk Chilwell doesn't come back the same player. If Theo is available and wants to come, I say go all in as he can become an elite LWB. Not to mention as Vesper alluded to, he can play LCB as well. 

Yes, i'm aware about that situation but i can't say the same about our board. They will likely to wait and see what happen with Chilwell before sanctioning a big money for another left back.

5 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Yes, i'm aware about that situation but i can't say the same about our board. They will likely to wait and see what happen with Chilwell before sanctioning a big money for another left back.

Well, I mean we almost bought Hakimi even though we had Reece James. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There are also conflicting reports that we did, and Hakimi and his agent preferred PSG. 

Most report said we only willing to offer up to €60m, while PSG willing to meet Inter's asking price.

Edited by Blues Forever

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Could be more than that if they want to create a bidding war.

toss €60m on the table, take it or leave it, and the yank hedge fund owners will bite out hand off

plus he can toss in a makeweight player and lower the cash a wee bit

I would try and recall Emerson and toss him in

AC Milan would really go for that, Emerson is only 27, so far from rinsed, and he is a proven Serie A performer AND an Italian national team player/part time starter

he would jump at the chance to go and live in Milano and play for a storied old grand team like AC, who are fighting for trophies

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

toss €60m on the table, take it or leave it, and the yank hedge fund owners will bite out hand off

plus he can toss in a makeweight player and lower the cash a wee bit

I would try and recall Emerson and toss him in

AC Milan would really go for that, Emerson is only 27, so far from rinsed, and he is a proven Serie A performer AND an Italian national team player/part time starter

he would jump at the chance to go and live in Milano and play for a storied old grand team like AC, who are fighting for trophies

Yes, but so far Lyon are refusing to return Emerson. Milan could create a bidding war in the summer when City, Barcelona, Juventus, Newcastle, United, and PSG are looking for a new left back.

Edited by Blues Forever

5 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Yes, but so far Lyon are refusing to return Emerson. Milan could create a bidding war in the summer when City, Barcelona, Juventus, Newcastle, United, and PSG are looking for a new left back.

Lyon is shit this year, 13th in the league, yet far above the relegation zone and have a game in hand (and could move up to 10th)

no euro place race for them more than likely

and they are not in great shape financially

toss them some quid to break the loan and move on

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There is a major risk Chilwell doesn't come back the same player.

I think the likelihood is that he will come back the same player. This is why, if we do attempt to sign a left sided defender this window, I want it to be someone slated to be the starter, not a backup.