Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea  have approached Barcelona regarding defender Serginho Dest. They have asked about what it will take to land the American, with the Spanish side wanting no less than €20M. However, they are willing to negotiate.

Edited by milka

56 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea  have approached Barcelona regarding defender Serginho Dest. They have asked about what it will take to land the American, with the Spanish side wanting no less than €20M. However, they are willing to negotiate.

I'm not surprised Barca might be willing to negotiate downward. I've only seen YouTube highlights but I don't like what I see from this bloke at all. His M.O. features way too much in the way of flicks and tricks. Exactly the type of football played by people who think they are better than they really are. I've said before that the best performance I've ever seen was Bayern's demolition of our team at The Bridge. Zero flicks, zero tricks. Proper football played to an exceptionally high standard. Get the ball, protect the ball, move the ball, pass the ball with good weight, move to support the ball again and repeat. Beautiful football played by brilliant footballers.

Dest is exactly the type of player I had in mind when I accused our decision makers of being too attracted to the shiny things over the solid, genuinely good things. @Vespercan send me a bill for use of her material if she likes but, for me, Dest is a hard pass. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Dest is certainly a player you’d buy on potential and hoping a top class coach like Tuchel can get the best out of. Being out of the current Barca chaos and into a more structured environment may also help. He’s so young still that I think he can only get better.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but he would be miles better than seeing another few games of Pulisic or CHO or Azpi as a wingback.

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There are also conflicting reports that we did, and Hakimi and his agent preferred PSG. 

I posted a link in the summer where his agent said that the mere fact Chelsea won CL scared him, the intensity etc spooked him. Was never fit for purpose here.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

I posted a link in the summer where his agent said that the mere fact Chelsea won CL scared him, the intensity etc spooked him. Was never fit for purpose here.

That is some bollocks if you ask me. PSG probably offered him a better wage and/or under the table earnings. 

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That is some bollocks if you ask me. PSG probably offered him a better wage and/or under the table earnings. 

I'm with MB on this. This feels like great agent work to me. Doesn't want to diminish the chance of a late career 'pension fund' move to Chelsea so, instead of letting it be known that his client doesn't fancy Chelsea, he produces a cover story.

23 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm not surprised Barca might be willing to negotiate downward. I've only seen YouTube highlights but I don't like what I see from this bloke at all. His M.O. features way too much in the way of flicks and tricks. Exactly the type of football played by people who think they are better than they really are. I've said before that the best performance I've ever seen was Bayern's demolition of our team at The Bridge. Zero flicks, zero tricks. Proper football played to an exceptionally high standard. Get the ball, protect the ball, move the ball, pass the ball with good weight, move to support the ball again and repeat. Beautiful football played by brilliant footballers.

Dest is exactly the type of player I had in mind when I accused our decision makers of being too attracted to the shiny things over the solid, genuinely good things. @Vespercan send me a bill for use of her material if she likes but, for me, Dest is a hard pass. 

no bill from me!

consider my posts a type of Cura Annonae ✋🏾

File:Pompei - House of Julia Felix - 2 - MAN.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

42 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I will add this caveat about Dest

IF we can get Barca down to 15m, 16m euros (£12.5m to £13.3m)

I would pull the trigger

Why?

Cuz he is a Dutch yank

he is very young (only turned 21yo two months ago)

plays for the US national Sr team with Puli

has a huge following back in the US

so is marketing gold (thus lowering the cost even more), and might help Puli psychologically

and, as backup utility player, he might be useful for a spell, especially as I think his salary is not too high (£64K PW from what I see)

Edited by Vesper

32 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Most likely, though he hasnt exactly been supreme for PSG if im not wrong.

25 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm with MB on this. This feels like great agent work to me. Doesn't want to diminish the chance of a late career 'pension fund' move to Chelsea so, instead of letting it be known that his client doesn't fancy Chelsea, he produces a cover story.

Yeah cant refute much of that, one can never know huh. I much rather have Kounde bombing down and forward than Hakimi any day.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We’ve known for weeks, if not a couple of months now that we need cover at LWB. Bit strange that we weren’t already “progressing” things along even before we hit Jan 1. 

We have to do it the Chelsea way. Marina has to offer all our deadwood in a player swap, which never happens, but takes weeks for all the rejections.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

the only club he wanted was PSG (at that point)

he is Madrid born and raised Moroccan, speaks French (as well as Spanish and Arabic, plus some German and Italian and English)

https://psgtalk.com/2021/07/i-can-confirm-that-its-a-good-idea-borussia-dortmund-manager-applauds-achraf-hakimi-transfer-to-psg/

The arrival of Inter Milan right-back Achraf Hakimi at Paris Saint-Germain should fall in the coming days. The transfer of the 22-year-old defender is a successful recruitment, according to his former coach at Borussia Dortmund, Lucien Favre. 

Favre spoke with Le Parisien (via Paris Fans) to discuss the arrival of Hakimi to the French giants. The Swiss tactician is familiar with Hakimi and provided insight into what supporters can expect from the Moroccan international. 

“I can confirm that it’s a good idea. Not only is [Hakimi] a great player, but he is also a great guy who speaks French, despite being born in Madrid and of Moroccan nationality. If you know how to put him at ease, he’s someone who gives you a lot in return,” Favre said. 

Digne isnt any better than Alonso IMO and the last 12 months is proof of that.

Also Theo Hernandez? Are people serious? We aren’t buying another starting quality LB when Chilwell was in the form of his career and also cost £50m prior to his injury. I mean I get a strong squad but barring the chance that lightning strikes twice and Chilwell were to get this sort of injury again - the logic behind this transfer is odd (although a better back up who is younger, good enough to play and an improvement on Alonso? Makes more sense)

Also the thinking of the so called medical experts who went from saying ‘its maybe not that bad and Chilwell could be back playing in January without surgery’ who are now changing their tune to ‘he will never be the same player’…… odd. Just seems very knee jerk but that is sometimes the reaction on here.

Even the Reece James situation with Hakimi in the summer, its different and how people can’t see this and think the scenarios are the same is frustrating. For me, it is clear that TT sees Azpilicueta as a RCB much much more than a wingback so it made perfect sense to pursue another RWB/right fullback. If we had signed Hakimi we wouldn’t have seen Azpilicueta at RWB once this season barring an injury crisis. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

We’ve known for weeks, if not a couple of months now that we need cover at LWB. Bit strange that we weren’t already “progressing” things along even before we hit Jan 1. 

Probably because we have looked at trying to get Emerson or Maatsen back considering Tuchel values Alonso and in all honesty, we only needs a back up for the best part of half a season.

Or rather than panicking in January and simply pursuing options that aren’t good enough/are likely to be bad deals long term because clubs will think we are desperate (ie Digne for 25-30m which is reportedly their asking price).

Edited by OneMoSalah

It's Digne or no one this window lads. Digne is better defending than Alonso but going forward its not so clear cut.  Digne obviously quicker aswell and also packs a decent dead ball ability

There may already be talks, but its been made clear through media (ok not the most reliable lol) that Everton won't do a loan unless the buy option is mandatory

I'd be happy with him

Edited by ChelseaFanUK