Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I think Digne is the one we want to sign, but Emerson being recalled is/was first option and by all accounts Lyon said no

Everton supposedly wont loan Digne out, so we either buy him, or have a loan with an obligation.   Tuchel has now confirmed that we are looking into the market for possibilities given we have long term injuries, so i could see Digne happening tbh

Just madness that we are a top 5 in world club, chasing 5 trophies (EPL the most unlikely, but still for sure are in for the CL, FA Cup, League Cup, and the World Club championship) still this season, and yet our only 2 true fullback options ATM, and likely for multiple months if we do nothing, are two ageing, slow Spaniards, one who is horrible on offence (and at this point is a RCB in reality), the other equally as bad on defence.

Edited by Vesper

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Interesting that a seemingly fit Ian Maatsen didn't feature in Coventry's matchday squad against Derby today. Chelsea request to avoid his becoming cup tied?

I'd imagine its more likely a rotation on Coventry's part, but I'd leave him right where he is. Regular first team football there is better than being  Alonso's backup here. 

Found it strange that Tuchel said the club were looking at the market for wingback to cover Reece James' injury.  That makes no sense to me

James will be back by mid-February i imagine, he doesnt need replacing. CHO is decent there and Pulisic at a stretch [albeit im not a fan of him there, at all]

Chilwell wont be seen again until 22/23 so he is the one who needs replacing... not James

What I don’t get it the seeming lack of urgency. This is an extremely packed month of fixtures and we’re already resorting to playing attackers like CP and CHO in these areas and yesterday a 17 year old kid. By the time we might get someone in the need may not even be as great as it is currently.

With two huge matches against Spuds and one against City coming up in rapid succession is Alonso going to start all those? All with Mendy out and the constant question mark of positive COVID tests? That’s just asking for us to concede for fun.

Clearly it’s not as simple as us supporters think, but surely the moment the club were aware of the severity of Chilly’s injury plans were starting to be put in place for a new body at LWB. That injury happened a month and a half ago and we’re now nearly 2 weeks into January with no signs at all that we’re close to a signing. It’s like they were caught off guard by Lyon refusing to let Emerson come back and are now scrambling.

16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I read he is close to signing an extension, we can forget about him.

It keeps amazing me how ac Milan despite being an a solute failure as a club in recent years manage to retain quite a few top players 

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It keeps amazing me how ac Milan despite being an a solute failure as a club in recent years manage to retain quite a few top players 

I would personally prefer to play i nItaly for Milan over 99% of other clubs in the World. 

Italy is an amazing country.