Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

-Chelsea could recall one of their two left wing-backs currently out on loan. However, Ian Maatsen is unlikely to return from Coventry City at this stage with no PL experience.

-Emerson is the other possibility, but his loan at French Ligue 1 side Lyon includes a clause to make the move permanent in the summer, so breaking that wouldn’t be ideal for either club and perhaps the player himself.

-Everton will demand £25m for Digne permanently as they look to recoup fees on any outgoing players this January. A loan can’t be ruled out, but would probably involve a hefty fee plus an expectation to pay most, if not all, of Digne’s wages.

-AC Milan’s Theo Hernandez has been mentioned as a possible target. Chelsea and AC Milan have a good relationship. But with AC Milan being just four points off the top spot in Serie A, a move for Hernandez seems unlikely in the middle of the season.

-Barcelona will demand a sizeable fee for Sergino Dest to balance the books after just signing Ferran Torres.

-Chelsea might look at other options in La Liga. Alex Moreno from Real Betis is having a good season. But with Betis fighting for a CL spot in La Liga and qualifying for the knockout phase of the Europa League, he wouldn’t be cheap. Espanyol’s Adria Pedrosa is also being mentioned. He has 18 months left on his contract and could leave for a reasonable fee.

-Nicolas Tagliafico has started just three games for Ajax this season and the 29-year-old would surely be tempted to join Tuchel’s side. Chelsea have also previously been interested in him before they signed Chilwell from Leicester.

Edited by Blues Forever

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

-Chelsea could recall one of their two left wing-backs currently out on loan. However, Ian Maatsen is unlikely to return from Coventry City at this stage with no PL experience.

-Emerson is the other possibility, but his loan at French Ligue 1 side Lyon includes a clause to make the move permanent in the summer, so breaking that wouldn’t be ideal for either club and perhaps the player himself.

-Everton will demand £25m for Digne permanently as they look to recoup fees on any outgoing players this January. A loan can’t be ruled out, but would probably involve a hefty fee plus an expectation to pay most, if not all, of Digne’s wages.

-AC Milan’s Theo Hernandez has been mentioned as a possible target. Chelsea and AC Milan have a good relationship. But with AC Milan being just four points off the top spot in Serie A, a move for Hernandez seems unlikely in the middle of the season.

-Barcelona will demand a sizeable fee for Sergino Dest to balance the books after just signing Ferran Torres.

-Chelsea might look at other options in La Liga. Alex Moreno from Real Betis is having a good season. But with Betis fighting for a CL spot in La Liga and qualifying for the knockout phase of the Europa League, he wouldn’t be cheap. Espanyol’s Adria Pedrosa is also being mentioned. He has 18 months left on his contract and could leave for a reasonable fee.

-Nicolas Tagliafico has started just three games for Ajax this season and the 29-year-old would surely be tempted to join Tuchel’s side. Chelsea have also previously been interested in him before they signed Chilwell from Leicester.

For me, it has to be Dinge or Emerson recall, at stretch maybe Maatsen. If Dinge it should be a loan with no obligation as he has actually been out of form for a while. 

€60 (£50.5m) needed to convince Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara to sell this January.

Even if without the £17m January sale of Tino Anjorin to Lokomotiv Moscow (which looks in doubt as Ralf Rangnick, who put that deal together for them, has left and went to Manure)

We are still £53m in the black, net, for summer 2021 window, coint all outlays and intakes (transfer fees and loan fees in and out).

And we have multiple players still to dump who we ended up stuck with after window closed, first and foremost Barkley, RLC, plus scrubs Lewis Baker (so pissed he got Covid and couldn't play a couple games ago) and Musonda.

Injuries and COVID make dumping both Barkley and RLC in January problematic, however. I would sell Barkley NOW, to NUFC.

OR, if we fail on Theo, then use him as makeweight with Everton for a swap + cash for Digne.

Chelsea all’assalto di Theo Hernandez: la risposta del Milan e quei 60 milioni...

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/Chelsea-all-assalto-di-theo-hernandez-la-risposta-del-milan-e-qu-25108

£50.5m for Theo is fair money, especially for a January transfer. We have no guarantee that Chilwell will be 100% fit come July 2022. Look how long it took Zouma (2 years or so in reality) to fully recover.

He is the 3rd best LB/LWB on the planet, only trailing Robertson (to show you how times flies, next season is Robertson's last full sub 30yo season) and Alphonso Davies. ZERO chance I rate the offensively limited Ferland Mendy (he is like a wee bit better LB version of Manure RB AWB) over Theo, despite stupid T-Markt just putting him above, barely, last week,. In fact I rate Nuno Mendes (especially given his young age, I expect him to perhaps be the 2nd or 3rd best LB in a few years) and Chilwell, when heathy, over Mendy as well, and Theo can play LCB too, so can help absorb the Rudiger loss next year (only to a point, I am NOT saying he is a fulltime answer there at all, but does give a legit rotational option).

IF we are serious about making a run at Citeh over the next 2, 3 years and onward, Theo is the type of player we need to be buying.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

€60 (£50.5m) needed to convince Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara to sell this January.

Even if without the £17m January sale of Tino Anjorin to Lokomotiv Moscow (which looks in doubt as Ralf Rangnick, who put that deal together for them, has left and went to Manure)

We are still £53m in the black, net, for summer 2021 window, coint all outlays and intakes (transfer fees and loan fees in and out).

And we have multiple players still to dump who we ended up stuck with after window closed, first and foremost Barkley, RLC, plus scrubs Lewis Baker (so pissed he got Covid and couldn't play a couple games ago) and Musonda.

Injuries and COVID make dumping both Barkley and RLC in January problematic, however. I would sell Barkley NOW, to NUFC.

OR, if we fail on Theo, then use him as makeweight with Everton for a swap + cash for Digne.

Chelsea all’assalto di Theo Hernandez: la risposta del Milan e quei 60 milioni...

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/Chelsea-all-assalto-di-theo-hernandez-la-risposta-del-milan-e-qu-25108

£50.5m for Theo is fair money, especially for a January transfer. We have no guarantee that Chilwell will be 100% fit come July 2022. Look how long it took Zouma (2 years or so in reality) to fully recover.

He is the 3rd best LB/LWB on the planet, only trailing Robertson (to show you how times flies, next season is Robertson's last full sub 30yo season) and Alphonso Davies. ZERO chance I rate the offensively limited Ferland Mendy (he is like a wee bit better LB version of Manure RB AWB) over Theo, despite stupid T-Markt just putting him above, barely, last week,. In fact I rate Nuno Mendes (especially given his young age, I expect him to perhaps be the 2nd or 3rd best LB in a few years) and Chilwell, when heathy, over Mendy as well, and Theo can play LCB too, so can help absorb the Rudiger loss next year (only to a point, I am NOT saying he is a fulltime answer there at all, but does give a legit rotational option).

IF we are serious about making a run at Citeh over the next 2, 3 years and onward, Theo is the type of player we need to be buying.

Personally i would buy Theo for €60m, but unfortunately i suspect we will search for a cheap option.

Cancelo was available for years for us to buy him. Some of us wanted him in Valencia. He changed 3 clubs after that we were never in a race and instead went with Moses, Zappacosta, Azpi all inferior players. If Theo is really available for that price and let's be honest Milan would always sell I just hope we don't make another mistake like with Cancelo. This is the only way to fight with City. 

Part of me doubts that the club will go all out in January for a super expensive, long term starter LB like Theo. He’s the sort of player who you get when you don’t have a first choice LB as he’s far too good to be a rotation option. Chilly will come back eventually and if he’s able to return to his top class level then what would we do if we had he AND Theo on our books?

This is why Digne or Dest make more sense. They are both really solid but can coexist and still be reasonably happy with big competition for their place.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Part of me doubts that the club will go all out in January for a super expensive, long term starter LB like Theo. He’s the sort of player who you get when you don’t have a first choice LB as he’s far too good to be a rotation option. Chilly will come back eventually and if he’s able to return to his top class level then what would we do if we had he AND Theo on our books?

This is why Digne or Dest make more sense. They are both really solid but can coexist and still be reasonably happy with big competition for their place.

The thing is ACL required min 1-2 year to fully recover, there is also a question mark whether Chilwell could return to his previous form or not.

Just now, Blues Forever said:

Personally i would buy Theo for €60m, but unfortunately i suspect we will search for a cheap option.

Theo is bigger (by 4, 5 cms), stronger, faster than Chilwell, and is a better passer and scorer (until Chilwell came here (he has 7 goals all comps with us in 1 and a third seasons, so has deffo improved) he only had 4 topflight goals ever in his first 4+ years, with 3 of those coming in 2019/20, the first and only other one was on May 18th, 2017 versus Spuds, in the 2nd to last game of the season, when Leicester got DESTROYED 1 - 6, with Kane scoring 4 and Son 2) 

Theo in 2020/21 had 8 goals 8 assists, 7 and 5 in 2019/20, in 1000 less minutes than last season, and is tracking (given the same minutes as last year) to around 5, 6 goals and 12, 13 assists this season (he has not played as many minutes the first half of this season as last due to Covid and there being less games for AC Milan so far. Theo has missed 5 games, 3 from Covid, one from 'fever' (no clue if that was Covid) and 1 from card suspension).

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Cancelo was available for years for us to buy him. Some of us wanted him in Valencia. He changed 3 clubs after that we were never in a race and instead went with Moses, Zappacosta, Azpi all inferior players. If Theo is really available for that price and let's be honest Milan would always sell I just hope we don't make another mistake like with Cancelo. This is the only way to fight with City. 

5 and half years ago (exactly, to the day):

Joao Cancelo: The marauding full-back Barcelona might replace Dani Alves with

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/joao-cancelo-marauding-full-back-barcelona-might-replace-dani-alves

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Theo is bigger (by 4, 5 cms), stronger, faster than Chilwell, and is a better passer and scorer (until Chilwell came here (he has 7 goals all comps with us in 1 and a third seasons, so has deffo improved) he only had 4 topflight goals ever in his first 4+ years, with 3 of those coming in 2019/20, the first and only other one was on May 18th, 2017 versus Spuds, in the 2nd to last game of the season, when Leicester got DESTROYED 1 - 6, with Kane scoring 4 and Son 2) 

Theo in 2020/21 had 8 goals 8 assists, 7 and 5 in 2019/20, in 1000 less minutes than last season, and is tracking (given the same minutes as last year) to around 5, 6 goals and 12, 13 assists this season (he has not played as many minutes the first half of this season as last due to Covid and there being less games for AC Milan so far. Theo has missed 5 games, 3 from Covid, one from 'fever' (no clue if that was Covid) and 1 from card suspension).

I think he’d be incredible in our team and in the PL in general. He’d also be an excellent guy to help get the best out of Lukaku and Kai. Probably the next best “flying fullback” after Hakimi.

But again, hard to imagine 1) our club spending 50-60m in January and 2) Milan selling one of their best players mid season when the top of the Serie A table is pretty tight.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

But again, hard to imagine 1) our club spending 50-60m in January and 2) Milan selling one of their best players mid season when the top of the Serie A table is pretty tight.

Only reason I stared posting again on him was that report out of Italy that quoted a specific price (£50.5m ie €60m) that Maldini and Massara et al. would look at hard

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think he’d be incredible in our team and in the PL in general. He’d also be an excellent guy to help get the best out of Lukaku and Kai. Probably the next best “flying fullback” after Hakimi.

The report was from Daniele Longo, who is decent source for Milan news. 

I think it all depends if we can get Digne on just a loan, without an obligation to buy. If Everton want to put in a buy clause at £25M, we might aswell go with Theo at £50. As mentioned here ACL injuries take long to recover and no guarantee the player can play at the same level.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Only reason I stared posting again on him was that report out of Italy that quoted a specific price (£50.5m ie €60m) that Maldini and Massara et al. would look at hard

Theo is my 2nd longest continuous 'never waver' want I think, in terms of realistic buys at this point, after Barella.

Longer than ones I still am sold on still, like Federico Chiesa and Dušan Vlahovic and Bellingham (who I always said needed to go and get playing time first).

Mbappe, Håland, and Marquinhos are not realistic.

We missed a massive trick on Achraf Hakimi, and there are not any other RB's who are actually available who excite anywhere near to his level. Plus we have a buyback on Livramento, for the future.

CB's are turbulent, I am off the boil on Bastoni (Milan Škriniar has replaced him for me) and Romagnoli has collapsed (zero clue why).

Koulibaly is now too old for the money wanted, and I am not sure on Lacroix, given his fairly poor season so far. De Ligt has crazy high wages.

Edited by Vesper