Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This game was most emotional game since Munich. Emotionally drained. Now break from sport comes in good time, in 2 weeks I will enjoy EURO without being emotionally involved.

Apart from transfer talk, no Chelsea for 2 months at least.

I told myself to not have any expectations for the final but that completely went out of the window once we got the lead. 😆

Anyway, am fucking glad that the season is over and that somehow, we managed to end it on a ridiculous high. In typical Chelsea FC fashion, it was a season of many highs and lows, ups and downs and it was just stressful to watch the team every 3-4 days non-stop. Glad we can all take a breather from that for the next 2 1/2 months!

The one party that I feel sorry are the players who have to go play at the Euros. Won't get any break until somewhere in late June or early-mid July. I generally don't care about international football. Just hope the players don't injure themselves, get a good summer break and ready to go again next season.

Hope this unexpected but deserved Champions League win will spur the players to improve and do even better next season, especially for those who won their first major trophy with this success - Mendy, Chilwell, James, Mount, Gilmour, Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz etc. The Premier League title is/should be the next target. 

8 hours ago, Thor said:

So is Tuchel the best manager ever in the PL now? Or do we still go on about Pep? lol...

Tuchel seems to have a pretty nice record against him. 

it has been Fergie for ages

I cannot see anyone topping his records

38 trophies with Manure (13 titles in a 20 year (May 1993 to May 2013) span, that is just insane), 50 topflight trophies overall

Premier League: 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
FA Cup: 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
Football League Cup: 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990 (shared), 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League: 1998–99, 2007–08
European Cup Winners' Cup: 1990–91
European Super Cup: 1991

Intercontinental Cup: 1999
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

and is (and will be, as the IC folded after the 2004 edition) the only manager in history to win both the Intercontinental Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup.

The main thing he fucked up was losing the 1999-2000 season (it was played in January 2000) first ever FWCC, as he did win the IC on 30 November 1999. It was the only season both the FWCC and the IC were both played. He refused to play in the FA Cup due to the FWCC, and then Manure drew to Necaxa  and got crushed by the eventual runners-up Vasco da Gama, who lost in the final on pens to Corinthians. That was the only year a non federation cup winner (Corinthians) got to play (and they won too) in the FWCC, as for really dodgy reasons Brasil was allowed 2 teams, due to it being played in Brasil. The ISL scandal forced the cancellation of the 2001 FWCC, and it was not played again until 2005, when it was merged with the IC. The last IC was played in 2004.

He was also shit in the Super Cup with Manure (he did win it with Aberdeen once though), played 3 times, only won in 1991 (and that was sort of a gift, it was played only one leg at a home stadium, UEFA said Red Star Belgrade home game was not safe to play, so Manure squeaked out a 1 nil win), lost in 1999 and 2008. Other than that collapse at the 2000 FWCC. the 2008 Super Cup was his worst international showing. He lost to a  shit Zenit side 1 - 2, and that was the first EL team to beat the CL winners since Fergie's 3rd worst Euro final, the 1999 Super Cup, when he lost to a meh Lazio side nil 1.

btw, Ancelotti should have been the other manager to win both the FWCC and the IC, but Milan choked to a vastly inferior Boca Juniors side in the 2003 IC,

Milan lost on pens, only made one!

look at that Milan side who lost! it is crazy

4893a50b2dd4eb4e37f5898ec6ab8b99.png

probably the biggest upset in the IC of the EPL era (at least), as once you get back to the mid to late 1990's and before or so, some of the South America sides were monsters, as the euro giants had not taken basically EVERY super player

31 minutes ago, Jas said:

19 writers took part in predicting the Champions League final on The Athletic and 15 of them went for Man City to win. These 2 predictions in particular took the cake... 🤣

E2mTQG3VkAUsJC7?format=jpg&name=large

E2mTQG5VcAIla-9?format=jpg&name=large

I never read any of the pre-match predictions because I knew they would mostly be biased, just like that hot garbage from Danny Murphy.

It tastes so sweet to go back and look at these right now.

Also, did anyone see celebrations of  Joe Cole in the commentator's box during the match?

Also:

Drogba's words in his pre-match speech give me chills...'our legacy to you'...no doubt. Him, Lampard and Terry set the ball rolling by winning the club's first ever Champions league.

John Terry, Didier Drogba, David Luiz and Diego Costa send messages to Chelsea players ahead of Champions League final

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/29/john-terry-didier-drogba-and-diego-costa-send-messages-to-Chelsea-squad-before-champions-league-final-14674680/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPdgaFznrSq/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=be29536a-b9f5-4fa8-9a67-268686916313

Diego-Costa-3785.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

David-Luiz-message-to-Chelsea-6506.jpg?q

Fernando-Torres-a95b.jpg?quality=90&stri

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I never read any of the pre-match predictions because I knew they would mostly be biased, just like that hot garbage from Danny Murphy.

It tastes so sweet to go back and look at these right now.

I also don't do it, so as to not to spook myself out but I just went and read the article after we won and saw those two gems. Their condescending and arrogant tone is hilarious to see now. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Did Willian say anything? lol

Just now, Beigl said:

Even Courtois congratulated us on twitter. 😂

Yup, saw that. 

But it must be really awkward for Willian that we won the Champions League the season after he left. Could have completed the lot here had he taken that two-year contract.