Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Just now, Jas said:

Our schedule is gonna be fucked up again next season. lol We played over 60 games in 2012/13, which I think was the most we've ever played in a season.

I SO want the Super Cup and especially the FWCC (it is the only trophy still contested we do not have)

losing the FA Cup final cocked up our shot at 7 trophies in a row (as Leicester plays Citeh in the CS now)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

damn, we should be in the CS instead of Leicester

CL should trump FA Cup

Well at least we get a chance of redemption at the elusive European Super Cup!!

And good thing is we've beaten Emery in a European final before.

One more to add to the list.

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I SO want the Super Cup and especially the FWCC (it is the only trophy still contested we do not have)

losing the FA Cup final cocked up our shot at 7 trophies in a row (as Leicester plays Citeh in the CS now)

I've always seen those in the same way I see the Community Shield - glorified friendlies. But who knows, maybe that's only because we always lose them.

Edited by different level

I love how our CL run was so clean this year compared to the 11/12 one. Back then we struggled in the group stage and were riding our luck on multiple occasions. This season it was far less dramatic but the main difference is we completely bossed the competition!

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

It's obvious but gotta say, having fans back in the stadium - even not at full capacity - is good. The celebration, the joy, the screams when that FT whistle went was so, so refreshing after the past year. 

I thought our fans came up big tonight.

Early on when City were trying to assert dominance, every time we broke it down there was a huge roar and watching on TV it felt like it was only Chelsea fans you could hear pretty much throughout the game.

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lets speak about bold fraud! How much more billions he needs? 

9 years in a row he fails! He always reminds me of Ovrebo night and 2012 was not enough, we needed to do it against him again! Conte also wiped floor with him in first season here.

Lets do in next season again! 

Tuchel was a genius as all 3 wins in a row as he focused on the only weak link in the Citeh squad, LB 

If Cancelo was a left footer, then even that is gone, but he is a bit awkward at LB compered to his often WC play at RB

I have zero doubt Pep goes balls deep for one of the following:

Theo Hernández   
Nuno Mendes

Ferland Mendy  (doubt Real will sell)
Lucas Hernández  (doubt Bayern will sell)
Robin Gosens   
José Gayà  (his release clause is insane, 100m euros)
Raphaël Guerreiro   
Lucas Digne 
Kieran Tierney   
Renan Lodi  
Alex Sandro    (stop-gap, as he turns 31yo midseason)

Leonardo Spinazzola   
Sergio Reguilón   
Ramy Bensebaini  
Alejandro Grimaldo    
Nicolás Tagliafico   

Rayan Aït Nouri    
Ryan Sessegnon 
Owen Wijndal    
Vitaliy Mykolenko 
Jonny Otto   
Douglas Santos 
Faitout Maouassa