The Tuchel Thread

Jase

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think this season he will not be at pressure under anything. 

I think the owner will keep him like Arsenal did with Arteta despite the result. 

Agreed. Everyone seems to have forgotten Clearlakes vision for our future. They intend to build on similar principles Liverpool have which takes time and I'm pretty sure they said TT is the man to do so. 

I think TTs presser after the Arsenal game was almost asif he was talking under the pressure of the Roman Reign. 

It would be calming to believe TT has the allowance of time considering what he has navigated us through in the past year. 

• 2 weeks later...

We don't create chances with through balls through the middle of the pitch from midfield.

We don't create chances through combination plays like one twos or one touch passes like mancity

We don't create chances through individual dribblers on the pitch since we lost Hazard

We don't create chances by pinging the ball into space to find runners like Liverpool

We only create from wingbacks.

This is why our attacking is dross. Until we mix things up and have other ways to attack opponents, we will continue to be boring to watch. I don't know if Tuchel has identified this problem because it's bad.

And when our wingbacks got injured, he had no plan b and just continued as if they were still there. 0 flexibility 

he didn’t use this 3 at the back shite at psg or Dortmund so why are we forced to watch it every week.

2 hours ago, lucio said:

And when our wingbacks got injured, he had no plan b and just continued as if they were still there. 0 flexibility 

he didn’t use this 3 at the back shite at psg or Dortmund so why are we forced to watch it every week.

I think he's hung his hat on this particular system because he saw how effective it was when winning the Champions League. 

But

Our attacking play is unbarrable to watch now. Something has to give.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I think he's hung his hat on this particular system because he saw how effective it was when winning the Champions League. 

But

Our attacking play is unbarrable to watch now. Something has to give.

Inflexibility is what's got several of our managers sacked before. Mourinho, Conte, Sarri were all dead set in their ways that got them success at first and very rarely tried something different once their tactics got found out and our play got stale. There are signs that Tuchel is going the same way, however it's too soon to pass judgement now and he's been getting the results, let's see where we are at the end of the season.

Edited by manpe

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What's up with Sterling at CF? 

Dont think he was necessarily bad there. Thought he was a positive. 

Actually his ability to take and carry the ball, relieving pressure and getting us up the pitch was impressive.

Plus his movement in and around the box, you can see what playing in a Pep teams done to him, he’s always sniffing around the penalty box, never standing still. 

Was unlucky not to get a goal yesterday. 

The bigger question is why are both being treated differently, unless Tuchel's is essentially punishment for his post match comments.

It gives me vibes from a few years ago when Chelsea and Spurs got charged for the brawl when they bottled the title and we got fined about 3 times as much as them.

Get fed up of the inconsistency the FA choose to show.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The bigger question is why are both being treated differently, unless Tuchel's is essentially punishment for his post match comments.

It gives me vibes from a few years ago when Chelsea and Spurs got charged for the brawl when they bottled the title and we got fined about 3 times as much as them.

Get fed up of the inconsistency the FA choose to show.

I thought the two were being treated differently (Tuchel's comments). Could be wrong.

They just hold Chelsea to higher standards that's all 😂 🙄

38 minutes ago, Bren said:

I thought the two were being treated differently (Tuchel's comments). Could be wrong.

They just hold Chelsea to higher standards that's all 😂 🙄

If that is indeed the case then it only makes this worse as they are essentially being charged for the same thing (one would assume) and receiving different charges.

I'd assume Tuchel will be given a further fine for the comments then but really wouldn't put it past the FA to add to the ban. We play Liverpool soon so they're probably eyeing that game up to get him off the touchline.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If that is indeed the case then it only makes this worse as they are essentially being charged for the same thing (one would assume) and receiving different charges.

I'd assume Tuchel will be given a further fine for the comments then but really wouldn't put it past the FA to add to the ban. We play Liverpool soon so they're probably eyeing that game up to get him off the touchline.

Yeah I think it is separate: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/15/fa-investigate-thomas-tuchel-Chelsea-have-issues-with-referee-comment-football

The Football Association is investigating Thomas Tuchel’s remarks regarding Anthony Taylor after Chelsea’s head coach suggested the referee should no longer officiate his side’s games.

Tuchel, who is already likely to be hit with a one-game ban after his extraordinary touchline clash over a handshake with Antonio Conte at the end of Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Tottenham on Sunday, is facing the prospect of further disciplinary action by appearing to question Taylor’s impartiality.