The Tuchel Thread

Jase

37 minutes ago, Mário César said:

lol?

he won a champions league

you know what that means?

and he won with Chelsea and not with real, bayern, etc...

I think we got really lucky that year. We rode the hype of beating Madrid and Pep overthought his tactics in the final. We weren't the best team in Europe that year, we had an easy route compared to others. I give a lot of credit to Lamps as well for blooding in and sticking with the youngsters.

Tuchel was the perfect impact manager which was perfect for the Roman era. But if we spend large amounts of money on a style of play that obviously isn't working, we are going to be another arsenal. Tuchel needs to show flexibility to switch to 4-3-3 but so far he's had sarr and RLC to bring in and implement that tactical change. Maybe with the right buys he can pull it off (as in anyone but Sarr), but I don't think he is world class like Pep.

41 minutes ago, Mário César said:

lol?

he won a champions league

you know what that means?

and he won with Chelsea and not with real, bayern, etc...

So did RDM, Tuchel has done well enough to buy more time. 

People complain about our attackers yet at the same admit, Tuchel tactics only benefits our defenders. Unless he changes we are going to continue to be competing for 3/4, anyone is watching this team toward end of the season thinking wow this team could be PL winner?

Lol the more i read the more i think american ppl dont understand that thing called football! Just compare Tuchel with Ragnik and you will see the difference. For back 4 he needs to have the right CBs.. 

11 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Lol the more i read the more i think american ppl dont understand that thing called football! Just compare Tuchel with Ragnik and you will see the difference. For back 4 he needs to have the right CBs.. 

Right midfielders also. 

1 hour ago, gdlk said:

I don’t recognize the irrelevant flag of your country, so I wouldn’t be able to insult you.

Rudigar, AC, and Azpi all have expiring contracts. Back 4 is the norm in football, the majority of teams are able to field it. The situation is giving the opportunity to recruit those players.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Sorry but absolute bollox was the UCL win lucky in anyway shape or form.

We absolutely battered both Madrid sides, were comfortable against Porto and if anything should have won the final by even more than 1. We equalled the UCL goals allowed record and were behind for a grand total of five minutes for the entire tournament, four in a dead rubber group game and one in a second leg match we were winning comfortably overall.

It's bad enough this nonsense comes from rival fans.

I personally never understand the luck argument, or when players, managers, fans, etc argue the result wasn’t fair or they deserved better. Our 2012 CL was no lucky either, many years of success and failures lead to that. In fact that team was less lucky, if you consider losing to penalty against United years ago, Andres Iniesta late equalizer that sent that to the final. 

12 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I don’t recognize the irrelevant flag of your country, so I wouldn’t be able to insult you.

Rudigar, AC, and Azpi all have expiring contracts. Back 4 is the norm in football, the majority of teams are able to field it. The situation is giving the opportunity to recruit those players.

lol, now you are shitting on Bulgaria?

LOLOL

they produced a player who is 20 times better than anything the septics ever churned out, and the US has hundreds of millions of people

Hristo Stoichkov

Ballon d'Or winner

Honours

Player

CSKA Sofia

A Group: 1986–87, 1988–89, 1989–90
Bulgarian Cup: 1984–85, 1986–87, 1987–88, 1988–89
Bulgarian Supercup: 1989

Barcelona

La Liga: 1990–91, 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997–98
Copa del Rey: 1996–97
Supercopa de España: 1992, 1994, 1996
European Cup/UEFA Champions League: 1991–92
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1996–97
European Super Cup: 1992, 1997

Al-Nassr

Asian Cup Winners' Cup: 1997–98

Chicago Fire

U.S. Open Cup: 2000

Bulgaria

FIFA World Cup (4th place) 1994

Individual

Ballon d'Or: 1994

European Golden Shoe: 1990

UNICEF European Footballer of the Season: 1991–92
FIFA World Player of the Year Silver Ball: 1992, 1994
FIFA World Cup Golden Shoe: 1994
FIFA World Cup Bronze Ball: 1994
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1994

Onze d'Or: 1992

Onze d'Argent: 1994

IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer: 1994

FIFA 100: 2004
World Soccer's 100 Greatest Players of the 20th Century: 2007
Golden Foot: 2007, as football legend

Bulgarian Footballer of the Year: 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994
Bulgarian League Top Scorer: 1989, 1990
European Cup Winners' Cup Top Scorer: 1989
Don Balón Award Best tip in La Liga: 1994
Bulgarian Sportsperson of the Year: 1994
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament: 1996
"Excellence Guirlande D'Honneur" and he entered in the FICTS "Hall of Fame".
UEFA Jubilee Awards – Greatest Bulgarian Footballer of the last 50 Years: 2004

The only Player to win the European and Asian Edition of the Cup Winners Cup.

On 24/05/2022 at 18:22, Milan said:

Just saw the post season stats and this one stands out - 63 matches played, only 8 defeats.

It is the draws (17) that killed our chances.

Sign of a conservative strategy

12 hours ago, lucio said:

Legend , hope he stops the 5 at the back for next season , I’d rather a 4-3-3 like his psg 

All depends on the players he will have at his disposal I suppose. If Chelsea team consisted only of players that PSG, City or Liverpool have, no way would he be playing 5 atb. It was never his go-to formation at Dortmund or PSG, only at Chelsea did he make it his main one for reasons that we saw under Lampard. We need at least 2 CBs who can play in 4 atb formation without being babysitted and a proper DMF in front of them (Jorginho is not it)... Somewhy I doubt we can pull them all off this summer, we will probably need one more summer transfer window.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

All depends on the players he will have at his disposal I suppose. If Chelsea team consisted only of players that PSG, City or Liverpool have, no way would he be playing 5 atb. It was never his go-to formation at Dortmund or PSG, only at Chelsea did he make it his main one for reasons that we saw under Lampard. We need at least 2 CBs who can play in 4 atb formation without being babysitted and a proper DMF in front of them (Jorginho is not it)... Somewhy I doubt we can pull them all off this summer, we will probably need one more summer transfer window.

The funny thing is Jorginho was great in 4-3-3 either with Italy or Napoli. 

Edited by Blues Forever

26 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

The funny thing is Jorginho was great in 4-3-3 either with Italy or Napoli. 

But international football is vastly slower than the Premier league. It's more tactical. Same with Serie A. It has 40 year old's winning the golden boot so that gives another indication of how slow the league is in comparison to the Prem. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

But international football is vastly slower than the Premier league. It's more tactical. Same with Serie A. It has 40 year old's winning the golden boot so that gives another indication of how slow the league is in comparison to the Prem. 

The thing is Jorginho can function with the right setup and personnel beside him. With Italy he have Barella, Verratti, Locatelli to offer extra protection and allowing to maximize his strength. 

Edited by Blues Forever

Just now, Blues Forever said:

The thing is Jorginho can function with the right setup and personnel. With Italy he have Barella, Verratti, Locatelli to offer extra protection and allowing to maximize his strength. 

I'm sure he can but at what cost? Italy won the Euros but this is also the same Italy that failed to qualify for the world cup. 2nd straight time. 7 defensive minded players on the pitch with only one coherent attacker (Chiesa)

I think we have done the best  we possibly can with Jorginho in the XI.