The Tuchel Thread

Jase

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pretty much every quote form Tuchel about this summer makes him seem genuinely scared and worried. Hopefully Boehly makes funds available as soon as possible after everything is sorted so we can get a couple of signings in early to ease Tuchel’s concern.

I pray that the football people at the club (be it Marina, Cech, the scouts etc) are ready to hit the ground running immediately.

Hopefully...no world Cup or anything to distract. Gotta get things done because other teams will definitely strengthen. Cant get left behind. We are way off City and Liverpool level but we need to keep up with others and be there again.

Next season will be a write off probably

all interesting players will be signed up by the time we can take action

we should have 0 expectations 

We could use this like 19/20 after hazard left with a transfer ban. just blood in youngsters, try new tactics and give everyone left a fresh start

When you think about it, our current situation is very similar. Some of the most influential players leaving and we effectively have a transfer ban in place

I think Tuchel needs to show some flexibility or gtfo. Sarri came in and tried to implement slow build up and we got completely screwed until now. He needs to show he can use 433 just as well as 343. I don't mind 343 against the bigger teams but we are just missing numbers in attack and in goals against low block teams, which is the same story since lampard took over. 

I really hope we go 433 next season.

I’m fine sticking with the 3-4-3 again next season if we actually sign a couple of killers to replace Werner/Pulisic/CHO/Lukaku and have suitable backups/alternatives to Reece and Chilly if they get injured again. A club like Chelsea shouldn’t fall off a cliff in quality with injuries to one area of the team like we did when our wingbacks went out.

It’ll be suicidal to enter next season without a massive refresh in the attacking positions. The club cannot possibly be thinking this summer that if we simply replace Rüdiger with Koundé, have Reece & Chilly fit, and recall Gallagher and Broja that we’re competing next season.

We need a radical rebuild in the same way United will have this summer. They’ll likely have 6-8 players going and 6-8 coming in. And that’s exactly what we need. 

Rudiger, AC, Azpi, Alonso, Ziyech, Sarr, Kenedy, Barkley, Werner all need to go. Some like CHO and Lukaku should go but will likely be impossible to move due to their wages. And then one of J5 or Kante should go as well. Likely Jorginho after Tuchel’s comments about Kante the other day.

If we want to challenge the top 2 and make it late into the CL we’ll need 2 new CB’s, 2 new wingbacks, a DM, and 2 attackers of some sort that reliably score goals.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m fine sticking with the 3-4-3 again next season if we actually sign a couple of killers to replace Werner/Pulisic/CHO/Lukaku and have suitable backups/alternatives to Reece and Chilly if they get injured again. A club like Chelsea shouldn’t fall off a cliff in quality with injuries to one area of the team like we did when our wingbacks went out.

It’ll be suicidal to enter next season without a massive refresh in the attacking positions. The club cannot possibly be thinking this summer that if we simply replace Rüdiger with Koundé, have Reece & Chilly fit, and recall Gallagher and Broja that we’re competing next season.

We need a radical rebuild in the same way United will have this summer. They’ll likely have 6-8 players going and 6-8 coming in. And that’s exactly what we need. 

Rudiger, AC, Azpi, Alonso, Ziyech, Sarr, Kenedy, Barkley, Werner all need to go. Some like CHO and Lukaku should go but will likely be impossible to move due to their wages. And then one of J5 or Kante should go as well. Likely Jorginho after Tuchel’s comments about Kante the other day.

If we want to challenge the top 2 and make it late into the CL we’ll need 2 new CB’s, 2 new wingbacks, a DM, and 2 attackers of some sort that reliably score goals.

Who is benefiting from the 3-4-3?

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Who is benefiting from the 3-4-3?

James, Chilly, and Silva benefit massively. Allows the former two to spend most of their time attacking (which had us top of the league at one point) and Silva gets to have the protection of two CB’s beside him with legs so he can be the boss in the middle. Probably also helps Mendy a lot to have 3 CB’s and 2 midfielders in front of him as options and security.

If we want to switch to a back 4 it surely means Silva has to drop to the bench. Unless we sign a monster like Koulibaly to play beside him.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Next season will be a write off probably

all interesting players will be signed up by the time we can take action

we should have 0 expectations 

We could use this like 19/20 after hazard left with a transfer ban. just blood in youngsters, try new tactics and give everyone left a fresh start

When you think about it, our current situation is very similar. Some of the most influential players leaving and we effectively have a transfer ban in place

If that’s the case viewership and attendance is going to plummet. No one wants to watch another disaster season of inconsistent performances and getting spanked in Europe again. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Pretty much every quote form Tuchel about this summer makes him seem genuinely scared and worried. Hopefully Boehly makes funds available as soon as possible after everything is sorted so we can get a couple of signings in early to ease Tuchel’s concern.

I pray that the football people at the club (be it Marina, Cech, the scouts etc) are ready to hit the ground running immediately.

Really?

If he feels worry, its perfect normal, but I believe that we can creat a competitive squad.

Tuchel said he will stick to 3 back next season if he will not be forced to change it. I was hoped to see 4 back but it seems not possible with Tuchel. It really seems for me like Conte v2 when one tactic/formation worked at the beginning and we stick with that no matter what.
And if we dont sell/replace some attacking guys we will struggle to do anything next season. I had big expectations for Conor but i dont see him in 3-4-3.

Still not fully convinced with TT. When we stopped defending at an elite level he had no answers to elevate the attack. We struggle to score no matter who the opposition is and barely finished 3rd after a fantastic start. 

I understand we were missing some key players but part of the managers job is to make adjustments to keep us going. To me that didn't happen and the second half of the season and we dropped so many points to bottom tier clubs. 

Tuchel was the best thing that could have happened to us following Lampard, he might have been the only one who could have led us to the Champions League last season and deserves massive credit for that feat.

That's now in the past and I think he still has a lot to prove.

Tuchel this season:

from January 2021 just one signing for him permanent (Lukaku)

Major injuries

Covid  and 0 postponements

Lukaku disrespect

Abramovich sanctions

The sale of the club

Contracts  issues

Tuchel survived  with 2 trophy which we all wanted Super Cup and Fifa World Cup yeah we lost Micky Mouse Cup and FA  but who cares .

Just give him what he want and next year we are going go win Premier League .

FTYz_gLWYAAh-Pp?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by milka