The Tuchel Thread

Jase

18 minutes ago, Jas said:

Not that we'll get a second chance but willing to wager that Mendy would have saved that Tielemans goal. Kepa did that silly hopping/skipping thing of his again at that attempted save and that split moment of him doing that could well have been difference between him saving that goal and not saving it. 

He probably would have saved it... which makes TTs deciision to pick Kepa even worse.

Funny thing is TT pulled the exact same stunt in the DFB Pokal 2017: He played his two leftbacks guerrero and schmelzer. The quicker one, Guerreiro played CB to cover Rebic. It also did not work. REbic scored. But BVB got lucky and got gifted a pen to win.

He tinkered massively with the lineup even then. Playing 0 traditional midfielders but a CB (Ginter) in mdifield and 3 attacking midfielders behind aubameyang. was a weird game.

28 minutes ago, Mana said:

Honestly, Kepa wasn't at fault for both of our conceded goals.

However we had been doing well, until Kepa started. The goals we had conceded, it could have been a different story under Mendy, especially with Tieleman's goal.

Kepa isn't good enough compared to Mendy. Doesn't make FECKING sense to play him right now.

He needs to be sell.

Look how many finals we lost in the last 10 years.

community shield 2013

supercup 2013

world cup 2013

community shield 2015

fa cup 2017

community shield 2017

community shield 2018

carling cup 2019

supercup 2019

fa cup 2019

fa cup 2020

jesus christ. whats going on????

Just now, Mário César said:

He needs to be sell.

community shield 2013

supercup 2013

world cup 2013

community shield 2015

fa cup 2017

community shield 2017

community shield 2018

carling cup 2019

supercup 2019

fa cup 2019

fa cup 2020

Are we really counting the Community Shield? lol

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

He needs to be sell.

community shield 2013

supercup 2013

world cup 2013

community shield 2015

fa cup 2017

community shield 2017

community shield 2018

carling cup 2019

supercup 2019

fa cup 2019

fa cup 2020

also

supercup 2014

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

bad enough even without the fkin shield. which btw i think we have not won since 2009 i think.

But there is one big one to be added in two weeks i am afraid with how things are going and that one will really hurt.

6 minutes ago, Jas said:

I know that CS is not a very important trophy, but its not normal lose so many times. 4 in a row (its a record)

some competitions like CS or carling cup ins't a very important titles (qualification to ucl make more impact to the club) but we just can't ignore so many defeats

Just now, Mário César said:

I know that CS is not a very important trophy, but its not normal lose so many times. 4 in a row (its a record)

some competitions like CS or carling cup ins't a very important titles (qualification to ucl make more impact to the club) but we just can't ignore so many defeats

The difference between the Community Shield and the League Cup is that the former is just a one off game while the latter is an actual tournament with multiple rounds etc, however big or small it is. I know that record is bad anyway even without the Community Shield but the Community Shield is basically a glorified pre-season friendly. 

1 minute ago, Jas said:

The difference between the Community Shield and the League Cup is that the former is just a one off game while the latter is an actual tournament with multiple rounds etc, however big or small it is. I know that record is bad anyway even without the Community Shield but the Community Shield is basically a glorified pre-season friendly. 

its just sad :(

hace 1 minuto, Jas dijo:

Aye the CS is one of those but again, even if it is a glorified friendly if your there you may as well win it. Maybe not worth counting as a bigger trophy but still a trophy and still a game against good opposition 9/10 times that teams should be wanting to win.

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Well, we certainly won't be participating in the next one 😄 Would most likely be another record to the lost finals.

I have no idea why so many shit on the CS

its a trophy, its hard to get into, and teams rarely if ever blow it off

in all the other major nations its a big deal

also some blow off the impost of the super cup, which is madness

i even see some play down FWCC

which is criminally stupid

we are the ONLY euro side to lose it post the brasil teams winning the first 3 when they still did not lose all their best players every year

its the world championship, you wear the badge for a year

its the only trophy still contested we have not won

and we are a laughingstock for losing it in 2012

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Aye the CS is one of those but again, even if it is a glorified friendly if your there you may as well win it. Maybe not worth counting as a bigger trophy but still a trophy and still a game against good opposition 9/10 times that teams should be wanting to win.

But it's a trophy - if you want to call it that - that people only care if the team win and don't care if they lose. Totally different to the others. 

hace 10 minutos, Jas dijo:

But it's a trophy - if you want to call it that - that people only care if the team win and don't care if they lose. Totally different to the others. 

That is also true. I suppose though if its against any of these direct rivals it should be treated as a opportunity to gauge where the teams at and maybe get off to a good start. Or thats the way I look at it. Its never going to decide a season obviously or be a huge positive or negative but its a game that even for a tinpot trophy, depending on the manager may vary in terms of must win or just a friendly but still can be used as a tool.

Edited by OneMoSalah