The Tuchel Thread

Jase

28 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Its not like their midfield offers good protection for their defenders. 

I'm referring to individual mistakes vs having no protection in front of them. Varane has had a hand full in recent years. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm referring to individual mistakes vs having no protection in front of them. Varane has had a hand full in recent years. 

Defenders make less mistakes when they feel security. Rudiger and Christensen looked like absolute clowns last season (Sheffield away the obvious example).  Under Tuchel they look like they have been  playing on a high level for years, knowing there are Kante and Jorginho+ Azpi at their best protecting them and also a borderline world class GK instead of Kepa behind them. 

Tuchel vs Gaurdiola record is: L 4, D 1, W 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14870186/tuchel-record-guardiola-Chelsea-man-city/

As I understand, the victory is the one with Chelsea:

https://www.soccer24.com/match/OEPCLyJQ/#match-summary/match-summary

But I couldn't find the other 5 matches via search.

Does anybody have this info?

12 minutes ago, kolovrat said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14870186/tuchel-record-guardiola-Chelsea-man-city/

It does not matter. If you coach Bayern and Guardiola Mainz you would have better record against him. 

59 minutes ago, kolovrat said:

In Bundesliga, Tuchel faced Pep twice with Mainz (a relegation cadidate TT lead in to Europa league and stabilised in midtable overall) and twice with a depleted BVB side. 3 of those 4 games were very narrow (1-0, 2-1, 2-1 and 4-1 for bayern) still. I would not read too much into that. I can't remember the draw tho.

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

In Bundesliga, Tuchel faced Pep twice with Mainz (a relegation cadidate TT lead in to Europa league and stabilised in midtable overall) and twice with a depleted BVB side. 3 of those 4 games were very narrow (1-0, 2-1, 2-1 and 4-1 for bayern) still. I would not read too much into that. I can't remember the draw tho.

Thanks a lot, great answer.

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

When were you last time excited about our club like this? 

Conte but that also makes me put my feet on the ground a bit as we know what happened there eventually.

Although that said I'm a little more hopeful as unlike Antonio TT tends to end up on the right side of disputes more often than not and, most crucially, seems firmly self aware that that's an aspect of his character that needs fine tuning.

19 hours ago, Tomo said:

Conte but that also makes me put my feet on the ground a bit as we know what happened there eventually.

Although that said I'm a little more hopeful as unlike Antonio TT tends to end up on the right side of disputes more often than not and, most crucially, seems firmly self aware that that's an aspect of his character that needs fine tuning.

It's early days and we'll have to see how things play out when we go through a sticky spell at some point. Or if we win the Champions League will he start to view himself as bulletproof and start trying to push for more things a la Conte when we won the league.

I think it's a blessing to be honest that he was at PSG before here and had to deal with Leonardo constantly talking to the media and having too much involvement on his area of the club, the coaching. Not much comes out from our club in higher positions which may well suit him and I think for our board he seems to be a perfect appointment, i.e. a world class coach that focuses on coaching the squad and letting the board deal with other club matters. He's extremely interesting to listen too, but also has a wit and charm about him without being controversial and winning the press over has been no small feat as most of us would admit that Lampard was and is a bit of a media darling. I think the club will appreciate that they were potentially sat on a PR disaster when they sacked Lampard, but Tuchel completely extinguished that notion.

The expectation or thought process of a manager staying long term went a long time ago. However based on what I've seen so far, if Tuchel remained here for 3-4 years after this season I think he is one of the most suitable coaches out there to install a style and philosophy within the club and develop a crop of younger players, that could stand us in good stead beyond his tenure, like Jose did in his first spell with us.

This feels a lot more than a new manager bounce. The likes of Di Matteo, Benitez and Hiddink may have made a few tweaks but ultimately kept things simple and lent on the experience within the group to go back to tried and trusted methods. Tuchel instead has completely revolutionised the formation and style of play and he's not just reaping rewards of that currently, but also essentially given himself now a 6 month head start on next season. He's taken the risk of making significant changes mid season and his belief and confidence in his methods has completely altered the landscape at this club.

17 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's early days and we'll have to see how things play out when we go through a sticky spell at some point. Or if we win the Champions League will he start to view himself as bulletproof and start trying to push for more things a la Conte when we won the league.

I think it's a blessing to be honest that he was at PSG before here and had to deal with Leonardo constantly talking to the media and having too much involvement on his area of the club, the coaching. Not much comes out from our club in higher positions which may well suit him and I think for our board he seems to be a perfect appointment, i.e. a world class coach that focuses on coaching the squad and letting the board deal with other club matters. He's extremely interesting to listen too, but also has a wit and charm about him without being controversial and winning the press over has been no small feat as most of us would admit that Lampard was and is a bit of a media darling. I think the club will appreciate that they were potentially sat on a PR disaster when they sacked Lampard, but Tuchel completely extinguished that notion.

The expectation or thought process of a manager staying long term went a long time ago. However based on what I've seen so far, if Tuchel remained here for 3-4 years after this season I think he is one of the most suitable coaches out there to install a style and philosophy within the club and develop a crop of younger players, that could stand us in good stead beyond his tenure, like Jose did in his first spell with us.

This feels a lot more than a new manager bounce. The likes of Di Matteo, Benitez and Hiddink may have made a few tweaks but ultimately kept things simple and lent on the experience within the group to go back to tried and trusted methods. Tuchel instead has completely revolutionised the formation and style of play and he's not just reaping rewards of that currently, but also essentially given himself now a 6 month head start on next season. He's taken the risk of making significant changes mid season and his belief and confidence in his methods has completely altered the landscape at this club.

For all this talk of us being a poisoned chalice I think the total opposite, I don't think there's many if any clubs better equipped to build an era of success than Chelsea, the fact we haven't found that manager yet shouldn't distract from that.

They arrive to the best academy in the world (in terms of volume of quality produced) and an owner who heavily backs them, that's pretty much the dream scenario for a manager. Yes ofcourse big results are expected but why they shouldn't they be? You shouldn't need X amount of season's to become good with these type of resources.

And that's before we get into the fact the narrative around us and managers make us a free hit in terms of career damage, there's no risk for potentially unlimited reward.

The sacking of. Frank has proved once and for all there will never be a "project" under RA.

Like every manager before him, TT will have to consistently win trophies, or be sacked.

If TT wins the CL it will put enormous pressure on him to win the league or retain the CL next season. Anything less and hell be judged the same way Carlo was after his second season.

Should give managers more time but we don't and won't, so we just have to get on with it.