The Tuchel Thread

Jase

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Pressure is on..3 games to turn this around. Let's see what he can do. Hopefully the players can also do!

Well, to be really sure of the CL football for next season, we do not need to win all 3. Even winning just 2, no matter which, guarantee that. Well, even just 1 but that is too nervy lol

Just now, Milan said:

Well, to be really sure of the CL football for next season, we do not need to win all 3. Even winning just 2, no matter which, guarantee that. Well, even just 1 but that is too nervy lol

Exactly. Let's do all 3 lol. Getting to another final and losing be shite. Esp as we lost one last season. Get 4th place then can look ahead. Not feeling like we've possibly thrown this season away..

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Going to back 4 will raise other problems. We have 6 attacking players. CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech are wingers. Havertz is between number 9 and 10. Mount is midfielder and Werner is unique. 

I dont think playing with 4 at the back without wingers is option to even consider seriously. Who would attack from the flanks? What would happen to Werner? 

The DM/DLP drifts inbetween the CBs for first phase build-up then the fullbacks push on and offer the width.

Who knows this story ? 

Bayer Leverkusen were 11 days away from achieving the treble but they somehow managed to finish the season with zero trophies.

On 29 May we will complete the cycle with 3 finals .

be strong  .

Edited by milka

hace 2 horas, Tomo dijo:

The DM/DLP drifts inbetween the CBs for first phase build-up then the fullbacks push on and offer the width.

I like the 343 but if we were to change I would like to see 433 next season because this under Sarri, the patterns and build up worked well.

Tuchel also strikes me as someone who would want to have that similar sort of way of getting up the pitch as we have seen at times this season with him. 

Just my only concern is Havertz and how he fits in the 433 because its clear going forward he will be a mainstay as a 10 or a false 9 or a hybrid 9/10 whatever they want to call him. Effectively the 433 is the 343 in possession bar it will be a Jorginho/DM in as that sort of third CB/infront of the two CBs role effectively in possession. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I like the 343 but if we were to change I would like to see 433 next season because this under Sarri, the patterns and build up worked well.

Tuchel also strikes me as someone who would want to have that similar sort of way of getting up the pitch as we have seen at times this season with him. 

Just my only concern is Havertz and how he fits in the 433 because its clear going forward he will be a mainstay as a 10 or a false 9 or a hybrid 9/10 whatever they want to call him. Effectively the 433 is the 343 in possession bar it will be a Jorginho/DM in as that sort of third CB/infront of the two CBs role effectively in possession. 

Havertz as number 9 is fine. I am more worried about Werner because he would have to play either CF or LW. 

17 hours ago, Milan said:

if we lose to Leicester

even beating Villa still means we are 95% crashing out of CL, barring winning the final v Citeh

Pool winning yesterday assured that, more than likely

the ONLY way we can lose to Leicester (Leicester clinches top 4 then), lose to Citeh and still go to the CL is to beat Villa (and more than likely by a shedload of goals for GD)

and pray Pool lose  (if they win 1 and draw 1 then it is down to GD, thus my comment about a shedload of goals v Villa being needed)

one of these

2c6d4d735c2c60209df42de541c47751.png

I do NOT like those odds

if we lose to Leicester by one

beat villa by one

we finish on 67 points and +22 GD

IF Pool win by one goal and draw the other game

the finish on 67 points and a +22 GD

BUT

they go to CL

over us

on total league goals scored (they have an impossible to make up +8 gap on us)

IF we lose CL on goals scored, and then lose (or worse  are CRUSHED) in the CL final versus Citeh

I am quite likely going to take a long break from football

as we were assfuckedraped SO many times by corrupt PGMOL, both in our games and then them aiding other direct rivals

Pool yesterday was just the latest example

why follow a rigged game, where you should win in a fair and square situ, but instead the officials STEAL it from you with dozens of corrupt manoeuvres over the course of the season?

if I want rigged, I will watch pro wrestling (and I would slit my wrists before I watch pro wrestling, just to be crystal)

23 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Havertz as number 9 is fine. I am more worried about Werner because he would have to play either CF or LW. 

Think Werner has played in the front 3 in a 4-3-3 for Germany before? I believe he has played as one of two strikers in a back 4 for RB Leipzig.

Also, where does Mount fit in a back 4 system if it's not going to be 4-3-3? Tuchel has come out and said he's not suited to the double six role and he's not a winger or a creative enough player for the #10 role. 

On top of that, none of our central defenders are really comfortable in a back 4. Rudiger and Christensen have done their best work in a back 3. Azpi can only play at CB if it's a back 3. Silva can play in a back 4 but he's getting older and playing him in a back 4 would expose him more. 

hace 23 horas, NikkiCFC dijo:

Aye thats true but I think either way we are going to be in for Harry Kane this summer now hes wanting to leave or Sergio Aguero on a free. Its going to be interesting if we managed to get one of them. Is Werner going to play off them? Is Havertz going to play off them/in their place off the bench? Then you’ve got Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi to all consider too be lots of competition and I think Mount is going to be involved either way.

I do also feeling we might just stick with the 343 considering all the potential fuss of changing to a 4 and the whole thing of trying to rejig multiple players in set positions like Werner, Mount, Havertz, Azpilicueta (RCB) where they clearly suit more where they operate now. There’s no doubt in my mind it suits the squad more than a back 4. I mean if Werner goes back to playing LW it will be like playing with 10 men again.