The Tuchel Thread

Jase

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Its just an article wrote by salty Lampard's stan.  He is angry because Reece is not playing every game, Odoi is always sitting on the bench, and Abraham and Gilmour are not even on the bench. It seems some folks didn't realize yet that we are not here do develop british players. Yeah, I used to believe Mount wasnt even a PL quality player, but I was wrong, he is really good and the only player from "Lampard project" that deserves to start every game. Reece is also another one that has a great future here, and is already starting some really crucial games. Odoi and Abraham are not good enough, and the same can be said about Gilmour, despite the usual overhype he generated months ago. This team is good enough to win things now and right now there no better coach for us than Tuchel, with or without UCL football next season.

Yes, it is biased but I am sure it has not anything to do with academy players. It is purely on Lampard vs Tuchel.

Edited by NikkiCFC

9 hours ago, milka said:

"Chelsea fans had proudly sung about having ‘Tomori at the back and Tammy in attack’, we loved the fact that the jewels in our crown had come straight outta Cobham."

Does he realise 50 percent of that duo were dropped by Lampard?

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

"Chelsea fans had proudly sung about having ‘Tomori at the back and Tammy in attack’, we loved the fact that the jewels in our crown had come straight outta Cobham."

Does he realise 50 percent of that duo were dropped by Lampard?

It's Rory Jennings. He always has Lampard tinted glasses on. I don't know why he was given a platform to spout nonsense like that but then again, it's Daily Mail. 

16 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He just said we have had horrible decisions against us - 3 clear penalties

I fucking loved it, mentioned it post match and post match conference....he had to, he utterly had to, shit wont get done unless you open your mouth.

Unpopular opinion here but I kinda hope Tuchel moves to a back four next season, I want to see us create havoc more in attack and we have the means to do it especially if we get a wide player like Sancho or in his mold.

Edited by R2D2

6 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Unpopular opinion here but I kinda hope Tuchel moves to a back four next season, I want to see us create havoc more in attack and we have the means to do it especially if we get a wide player like Sancho or in his mold.

Only problem is half of the squad is unsuited to playing the back 4.

lol Tuchel...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/22/thomas-tuchel-ready-risk-key-players-maintain-chelseas-momentum

The German also gave an interesting answer when asked if he remembered where he was when Chelsea last played in a Champions League final – their 2012 victory over Bayern Munich. “I think I was in Munich at home and watched it on TV,” he said. “Let’s say it was not absolutely well deserved. It felt more like a burglary.”

On 21/05/2021 at 13:33, Jas said:

Only problem is half of the squad is unsuited to playing the back 4.

I've always kept saying, you can easily play a 3-4-3 super offensive. Have the outer centrebacks play more of a hybrid role and play wingers in the wing back positions. TT has done so with Pulisic and CHO there before. Pep has done so too, playing guys like Sane and ferran torres effectively in the wing back positions. Gives you 2 wingers and 2 no.10s which should be enough offensive emergence. The wingers are prone to make mistakes in defence but if you have 80% of the ball anyway what does it matter.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I've always kept saying, you can easily play a 3-4-3 super offensive. Have the outer centrebacks play more of a hybrid role and play wingers in the wing back positions. TT has done so with Pulisic and CHO there before. Pep has done so too, playing guys like Sane and ferran torres effectively in the wing back positions. Gives you 2 wingers and 2 no.10s which should be enough offensive emergence. The wingers are prone to make mistakes in defence but if you have 80% of the ball anyway what does it matter.

I agree. 343 is most suited for us. So why change? But very often we win games with some wonder goal or set piece or penalty... Defense in perfect but offensive part must be much better.

Tuchel has to be less pragmatic. We saw in basically every game that CHO offers much more offensively then James but he picks the later because he is so pragmatic and because of the wrong reasons, it is just not worth it.

Mount is MF and I would not call his position number 10 under Tuchel. It is something between number 10 and a winger. I am sure if you look at heatmaps he plays pretty much the same role as Willian.  But Tuchel does not expect the same from him as from other 2 attackers. Kai or Puli if do not deliver in the final 3rd in terms of goals in one game after previous good game are instantly on the bench. Very high standard. But Mount for example now has 3 games in a row with absolutely nothing but still he will start last two games. Why? Because Tuchel picks him every time for pragmatic reasons not related to input in the final 3rd. When we start with James, Chilwell and Mount I say we have 9 defensive players and just 2 offensive (which has to deliver if not, they are dropped). But if we go with lets say Pulisic, Werner, Havertz as front 3 and CHO as RWB that is 4 attacking players. So I really hope for next season we go with the later because I dont think in the long run we can survive with this. City always have 5 players on the pitch who could do danger.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree. 343 is most suited for us. So why change? But very often we win games with some wonder goal or set piece or penalty... Defense in perfect but offensive part must be much better.

The shape itself is a bit pragmatic. It has 5 central players as part of a defensive wall off-the ball and with full backs dropping deep too. I think we will see Tuchel switching to a 4-2-4 type attacking formation. I will be surprised if this isn't the case.

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

This may work in the odd game or two but it's never going to work consistently successfully because at the end of the day, Pulisic and CHO aren't wingbacks. We would just be putting square pegs in round holes. Not even Guardiola has done something as crazy as that consistently and even if he did manage to make it work, the one big difference between City and us is that they are far more comfortable in possession than us. We may dominate games in terms of having more possession but we aren't that good in possession based football.