The Tuchel Thread

Jase

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

That is also true. I suppose though if its against any of these direct rivals it should be treated as a opportunity to gauge where the teams at and maybe get off to a good start. Or thats the way I look at it. Its never going to decide a season obviously or be a huge positive or negative but its a game that even for a tinpot trophy.

Arsenal managed to beat Liverpool in the Community Shield this season and look where they are now. 

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

But it's a trophy - if you want to call it that - that people only care if the team win and don't care if they lose. Totally different to the others. 

under Roman, winning two and losing 7 is SHAMEFUL

I want EVERY trophy EVERY year, ALWAYS

the minute that desire floods out of my being, I am done with football

Edited by Vesper

Just now, Mana said:

Does Kepa really need to be sold at the moment? No, he has improved since the last time he started a run of games under Lampard.

But should he return as no.1? Hell no. He's improved, but he has gone from an awful, disgusting keeper to an average keeper. He's not going to be better than average.

Mendy is levels above Kepa.

Have people forgotten the reason why we won at the Etihad was because of Mendy's class saves?!?! He would have been a difference against Arsenal (because Arsenal wouldn't park the bus) AND would have definitely stopped Tielemans goal.

Kepa wasn't at fault for both goals like I did, but a class keeper would have gone and beyond what an average keeper like Kepa would do.

Leaving out Mendy for Kepa is one of the major reasons why we have suffered back to back defeats. And that falls on TT!

Exacly. Sadly, its TT fault.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Does Kepa really need to be sold at the moment? No, he has improved since the last time he started a run of games under Lampard.

But should he return as no.1? Hell no. He's improved, but he has gone from an awful, disgusting keeper to an average keeper. He's not going to be better than average.

Mendy is levels above Kepa.

Have people forgotten the reason why we won at the Etihad was because of Mendy's class saves?!?! He would have been a difference against Arsenal (because Arsenal wouldn't park the bus) AND would have definitely stopped Tielemans goal.

Kepa wasn't at fault for both goals like I did, but a class keeper would have gone and beyond what an average keeper like Kepa would do.

Leaving out Mendy for Kepa is one of the major reasons why we have suffered back to back defeats. And that falls on TT!

this!!!

and also SELL kepa anyway

he is shit

Justo ahora, Jas dijo:

Arsenal managed to beat Liverpool in the Community Shield this season and look where they are now. 

Also true.

It depends as well though, some teams would maybe go on and have a good run after it. Some don’t as Arsenal haven’t.

I think years ago it had more value to managers like Mourinho and Ferguson. Despite it being a glorified friendly either way.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

under Roman, winning two and losing 7 is SHAMEFUL

I want EVERY trophy EVERY year, ALWAYS

the minute that desire floods out of my being, I am done with football

We are on the verge of first time under Roman that we will be trophyless in 2 consecutive seasons.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Fecking hell. Imagine Arsenal fans going on about numpty Arteta still won more English trophies than Lampard and Tuchel at the end of the season (which is true already actually).

Oh, you care about the trophies now? Thought you only care about Top 4? 

Just now, Mana said:

You're a dumbass because you think the FA Cup is the only trophy we can get every year.

lol Am not the one who was/is screaming to care only about the Top 4 and nothing else. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't know what you have been reading. You need a pair of glasses. 🤣

Never did I say I only want top 4 and nothing else. Quote me if you can.

You complained about the starting XI against Arsenal and kept banging on about the top 4 more than anything else in midweek.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Quote me. Because while I remember me banging on about the starting XI for Arsenal and top 4, not once did I say that's more important than the CL.

You were certainly implying it. And heck, you even responded more to us losing in the Top 4 race than the cup final!

Beaten guardiola, zidane, klopp etc only to be bested by Brenden fucking Rodgers.

The Lampard project was probably doomed anyway but if we end up with nothing it was just a wasted 2 years.

TT on course to managing two finals losses and miss out on top 4 after getting all hopes up while scoring  the minimum necessary goals in the process. That is another level of frustrating.

Massively got it wrong today. Started our 4 worst players Kepa, alonso,jorginho and ziyech and paid the price for it.

All will be forgiven if we win the CL: But does anyone still believe. the team does not look like it for one.

Edited by Magic Lamps

Not sure why many are surprised with team selection. 

Kepa played all games in Fa Cup, it was clear he would play today. Clearly not at fault for anything. 

Last 2 games Alonso scored winner against City and Chilwell very quiet against Arsenal. It was logical he would play because of this. 

And attackers? Pulisic and Havertz started against Arsenal and did not deliver. Plus who got us in final? Yes Werner and Ziyech with combo in semis against City.

So not sure what you lot expected? 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kepa played all games in Fa Cup, it was clear he would play today. Clearly not at fault for anything.

He wasn't blatantly at fault but Mendy would have saved that goal. Kepa's weaknesses meant that he wasn't going to save. Just look at his little hopping/skipping movement before trying to make that save. He always does it before making a save from distance and that split second moment is always the difference between saving a goal and letting in one with him.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Last 2 games Alonso scored winner against City and Chilwell very quiet against Arsenal. It was logical he would play because of this. 

Alonso may have scored the winner against City but it was clear by then he had lost the starting XI spot to Chilwell. 

Chilwell was quiet against Arsenal but he wasn't the only one. Tuchel chose Alonso because of stupid defensive reasons even if it means costing us going forward.

And it was bloody obvious that Chilwell was desperate/eager to play against Leicester for obvious reasons. So, why did Tuchel not harness that into something positive, into an advantage for us by starting him?

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And attackers? Pulisic and Havertz started against Arsenal and did not deliver. Plus who got us in final? Yes Werner and Ziyech with combo in semis against City.

Werner starting was kinda obvious given his last few performances have been good and he has contributed either decisive goals or assists. That is less obvious with Ziyech. Although they were important, Ziyech has contributed only 2 goals (no assists) since the last international break and his performances have been inconsistent. Yes, Havertz and Pulisic did nothing against Arsenal but again, they weren't the only ones and it was only less than 2 weeks ago that Havertz performed very well against Fulham and Real Madrid. So, why did Tuchel not start Havertz-Werner upfront with Mount deeper like in some of the recent games?

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

He wasn't blatantly at fault but Mendy would have saved that goal. Kepa's weaknesses meant that he wasn't going to save. Just look at his little hopping/skipping movement before trying to make that save. He always does it before making a save from distance and that split second moment is always the difference between saving a goal and letting in one with him.

Alonso may have scored the winner against City but it was clear by then he had lost the starting XI spot to Chilwell. 

Chilwell was quiet against Arsenal but he wasn't the only one. Tuchel chose Alonso because of stupid defensive reasons even if it means costing us going forward.

And it was bloody obvious that Chilwell was desperate/eager to play against Leicester for obvious reasons. So, why did Tuchel not harness that into something positive, into an advantage for us by starting him?

Werner starting was kinda obvious given his last few performances have been good and he has contributed either decisive goals or assists. That is less obvious with Ziyech. Although they were important, Ziyech has contributed only 2 goals (no assists) since the last international break and his performances have been inconsistent. Yes, Havertz and Pulisic did nothing against Arsenal but again, they weren't the only ones and it was only less than 2 weeks ago that Havertz performed very well against Fulham and Real Madrid. So, why did Tuchel not start Havertz-Werner upfront with Mount deeper like in some of the recent games?

I thought Alonso is known for his good offensive game. His header was our first shot on target around minute 60th. Not only in semis, Ziyech also deliver last week against City. Anyway after Arsenal game I was sure Alonso and Ziyech would start (I also posted lineup on first page of this thread). 

Also it is not certain that Mendy would save it. He did not save Xhaka free kick for example.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I thought Alonso is known for his good offensive game. His header was our first shot on target around minute 60th. 

Really? That's your justification for Alonso starting? Getting a shot on target?

Not only in semis, Ziyech also deliver last week against City.

Ziyech may have scored last week but his performances have been largely inconsistent.

Anyway after Arsenal game I was sure Alonso and Ziyech would start (I also posted lineup on first page of this thread).

It's a cup final. Everyone bar Christensen and Kovacic were available. You play the strongest XI. It's clear that Alonso has lost his place to Chilwell and it's clear that Tuchel doesn't seem to really trust Ziyech because he has yet to start him in consecutive games (IIRC) and let him play the full 90 minutes in a game. Given the difference in playing time, it's bloody obvious that Ziyech is in the bottom of the pecking order of our attackers (not counting Giroud and Abraham) but some reason, Tuchel decided to start him and Alonso for defensive reasons!

Also it is not certain that Mendy would save it. He did not save Xhaka free kick for example.

I can't remember the Xhaka free kick but don't try to divert away from Kepa's problem that I mentioned. It's a problem with him and it's a problem when he has to make saves against long range efforts. And let's not forget that Mendy is also slightly taller than Kepa, which mean he has longer reach than the latter.

Ashley Cole fears Tuchel making same Chelsea mistakes as Lampard after FA Cup final loss

Chelsea were beaten 1-0 by Leicester City in the FA Cup final.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1436704/Ashley-Cole-Thomas-Tuchel-Chelsea-Frank-Lampard-FA-Cup-SNT

Former Chelsea star Ashley Cole has questioned the Blues' recent performances after their FA Cup final defeat to Leicester City, drawing comparisons to their displays under former manager Frank Lampard. Youri Tielemans' long-range strike earned the Foxes a 1-0 win over Chelsea, with Brendan Rodgers' side winning the competition for the first time in their history.

Chelsea had a late equaliser denied by VAR, when Ben Chilwell's cross was deflected into the back of the net by Wes Morgan.

However, Chilwell was deemed to be offside in the build-up by VAR and the goal was ruled out, meaning Leicester emerged victorious.

Speaking on BBC Match of the Day after the game, Cole claimed that Chelsea's recent performances under Thomas Tuchel have "felt the same" as some of their displays under Lampard.

"Chelsea have three cup finals now basically, if they want to finish in the top four and win the Champions League," Cole said.

"They have got to pick themselves up and go again. They can't feel sorry for themselves.

"Is it the same team as Frank Lampard's?

"When Frank was here they controlled and dominated games but couldn't finish it off.

"The last couple of weeks it has felt the same."