The Tuchel Thread

Jase

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Took us from 10th to finishing 4th. This has to be credited. Yes, we lost the final game but he gave us the chance to fight for the top 4 after that Lampard fiasco. And we did it. With luck. Again. Just like last season when Leicester did the impossible and failed to finish the job. So whatever happens now, he gave us the CL for next season.

Yup agree, we would have been relegated under Franky. Next season he knows the league better, players as well, we will go big in transfers........but in the end as long as refs are like this you dont really have much chance. You will get fucked especially Chels

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Yes but we got 4th by a hair. This should have been avoided if we had beaten Arsenal.

Chopping and changing (in addition to continue playing Jorginho) killed our momentum. Losing to Villa won't change what happens next week, but not any of us would be confident going in to it.

Terrible, terrible end of the season (yet again, 2 seasons in a row) UNLESS we win the CL.

That's it. Feel a bit deflated. Don't know why. It doesnt feel like a gain in a way..maybe cause we lost and got lucky? If we lose both finals still will feel shite. And we finished below Liverpool who were behind for so long. The performance didn't inspire at all.. lots of things to address 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Terrible, terrible end of the season (yet again, 2 seasons in a row) UNLESS we win the CL.

Wonder how you would react had Leicester actually did their job.

You are saying this should have been avoided if we had beaten Arsenal. Leicester have also a sentence like this. Ifs and buts right now.

Jorginho has played well this season - he is a limited player no doubt. He just lost form in the end and we don’t have a whole lot of options in the middle. Kante has been struggling with injuries and kova has been out forever (very rusty now).

Tuchel has done a great job turning the season around and especially finding a formation that better fits the players we’ve got.

the one thing I worry is that he does not seem to have a plan against low defense lines. 

Edited by robsblubot

Maybe I'll have a different reaction when we lose next weekend but as much as it'll hurt to lose the Champions League final now, not sure if we should be using to judge Tuchel. No one could have imagined us getting into the final this season, with the state of this current squad.

Losing the FA Cup is the most infuriating one because that's the most winnable cup out of the two and we fucked it up, even more so after we saw the lineup and performance against the same team in midweek.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Losing the CL, shouldn't be the one to judge TT, but it should add to the way he fluffed his lines on the most critical games of our season.

Today was critical. Fluffed. Last weekend (even though I'm aware that I said I don't care about the cup, but still a trophy regardless). Fluffed.

A game against Arsenal, our London rivals AND would have put us in a prime position for top 4 without sweating the final day. Fluffed.

How about we see what happens next Saturday before we say Tuchel fluffs another critical game? No one seems to be giving us any chance of beating City anyway. Not even you!

What did Tuchel fluff today exactly? He put out the XI that most of us expected/wanted and it's not his fault that we kept fucking up chances and then gave away two stupid goals at the back. 

People keep on complaining about the changes made against Arsenal but apart from Kepa and Alonso, the rest were justified. Rudiger, Kante and Werner were all at risk of injuries. The XI we put out there should still have been good enough to beat Arsenal (ARSENAL!) and let's not forget Havertz missed a sitter when the game was still 0-0 (is that Tuchel's fault?).

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

When the pressure's on, we feck up (if we lose CL as well). When the pressure's off, we win games (just like Arsenal yay!)

Another way you could put it is we seem to do better when we are not the favorites, for better or for worse.

Think we should forget about improving in defense and midfield and get new attacking players, we create enough chances as it is but we need to finish them, the defense and midfield can hold it together another season but the attack is dreadful and costed us a lot of times this season.

Since each Lampard and Tuchel managed 19 league games this season, here's a comparison...

Lampard - W8 D5 L6 F33 A23 = 29 points
Tuchel - W11 D5 L3 F25 A13 = 38 points

We have the best defensive record in the league since Tuchel got appointed, conceding 4 goals less than the next team...Brighton!

On 16/05/2021 at 02:23, Jas said:

We haven't done very well when we concede first in games under Tuchel...

D 1-1 Southampton
L 2-5 West Brom
L 0-1 Porto
W 2-1 Man City
L 0-1 Arsenal
L 0-1 Leicester

Can excuse the West Brom and Porto games because we went down to 10 men in one and we conceded like in the 93rd minute or something in the other. But the rest (apart from Man City)...

Villa now thrown into the mix as well...

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Can you blame me though about us not giving us a chance? Before today, I was very hopeful about beating City but today showed me yet another game that when the pressure's on, this team bottles it. There's going to be pressure again next week.

Why we should judge our chances in that final based on today? We beat Wolves on the final day last season and then and went flopped against Arsenal in the cup final. Go figure.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Today's loss wasn't all TT's fault, in fact Jorginho and the attackers have a huge lionshare of it, but again TT's decision on playing Jorginho. Are you telling me we have no other player in Chelsea that can do a better job than Jorginho? Really? I did not WANT Jorginho starting. He is more of a liability.

Since Kante was injured, the only other alternative is Gilmour, who despite his talent has only been OK-ish in recent outings.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

He should have NEVER started Kepa. That's the change that I am fuming about. Mendy was fit to play. 0-0 is better than 0-1 loss. (I'm aware Jorginho had the worst part to play on this as well)

It's not ALL TT's fault again, but when you try to do a Kepa redemption in our final run in, it tells me you are not taking this seriously.

Agree but Kepa wasn't even the one at fault against Arsenal. It also wasn't his fault that Havertz squared 1 v 1 at 0-0 or that the others couldn't react for the remainder part of the game. Wasn't it only Arsenal after all!?

In the last 20 League games (which includes Lampard's final defeat to Leicester), Chelsea are second behind City. (too lazy to check just Tuchel's reign) Obviously you cannot win them all and shock results happen. I don't think TT could have achieved more in the League, considering the position he took us in. He surely takes some blame for some results but he surely takes the credit for the other.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's SOO funny that 3rd place has been snatched away from us AGAIN on the final day. I'm telling you, zero improvements from last season so far. Only a CL win would change that.

How many times do you want to say that...?

I’m not sure how much I am sold on xG being a true measure, but it seems Tuchel had the team prepared for today’s match and the players could not finish. We really need to consider who stays from our front line for next season.