The Tuchel Thread

Jase

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would say probably Barcelona and Real Madrid. I guess Neymar is going back to Barcelona lol. 

the English clubs if they do not kicked out of PL at least still have the edge of a competitive and better endowed domestic league. Also they are 6 so the odds of an English club dominating are at least numerically enhanced.

But yeah short term barca real are main beneficiaries as they once more evade bankcruptcy.

7 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We weren't really pragmatic until after the goal. Before that, thought we were relatively in control. Even bloody outpossessed a Guardiola side 70/30% in the first half. That for me is the difference between Tuchel and Conte/Allegri. The former looks to control whereas the latter look to sit back and react. We are lucky that Tuchel is clever enough with his game management and is something that many Germans feel he has the edge over Klopp. 

I meant in general. Nothing to do with specific games. 

Yes, we are seeing elements of Tuchel's management style - the pressing, the counter pressing, the possession game etc - but the setup has largely been pragmatic. We have not seen the best(?) of Tuchel's playing style that he's renowned for at previous clubs.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, we are seeing elements of Tuchel's management style - the pressing, the counter pressing, the possession game etc - but the setup has largely been pragmatic. We have not seen the best(?) of Tuchel's playing style that he's renowned for at previous clubs.

He was very pragmatic in PSG as well. Playing 4-3-3 with basically 3 DMs.

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He was very pragmatic in PSG as well. Playing 4-3-3 with basically 3 DMs.

This. TT also was very pragmatic at Mainz, copying the opponents system with man marking in many matches. He is overall a pragmatic coach as can be seen with the variety of systems employed. His main philosophy is as he says be bold in defence and quick in attack. +suck the life of others teams with resoluteness and monopolizing posession. Only at Dortmund he had a very attacking set up with many players floodingthe opponents box.But that is bc it is dortmunds identity to play like this. Other than than TT has always had a clear concept of strong defensive foundation.

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This. TT also was very pragmatic at Mainz, copying the opponents system with man marking in many matches. He is overall a pragmatic coach as can be seen with the variety of systems employed. His main philosophy is as he says be bold in defence and quick in attack. +suck the life of others teams with resoluteness and monopolizing posession. Only at Dortmund he had a very attacking set up with many players floodingthe opponents box.But that is bc it is dortmunds identity to play like this. Other than than TT has always had a clear concept of strong defensive foundation.

This team has too much potential to be playing a pragmatic style.

On 04/04/2021 at 19:54, chippy said:

I know Gullit was sacked by Bates, but it was still a barmy sacking.

As for Conte. He went from being uber enthusiastic to a right miserable git. He could see the problems coning if the club didn't sign the players he wanted and needed. We've been bang average ever since, so Conte was  proved right!

Are you really sure about your comments?

So you think RA got rid of Conte and we are in a worse state because of it, I think you need a realist implant😜

Very cautious comments from Tuchel regarding the ESL. Suppose he cant say too much as he’s only a manager but I think there will be people who speak out about it, following Hasenhuttl and there will be others at the 14 clubs outside of the top 6 who will. I think these guys should be giving their opinion on it though, they should give their honest opinion on it. As should the players.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

He said when he thinks Chelsea he sees a powerful team that makes life hard for anyone. What we are doing now is in our DNA for a long time. Rock solid defence and shape, everyone in tune with their roles, break fast and directly......plus now we have pressing and counter pressing. I want winning footy, I love what im seeing now.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have a lot of respect for how Tuchel handled today’s press conference.

Hope tomorrow he and the players slam it in the post match though, like Klopp, like Milner, like Bamford. As they should do  if they feel that way, which I would imagine most will. We know need clubs players and managers to step up around the world to show that they dont want this. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Lampard won 29 points in 19 games. After today Tuchel also won 29 points. But with 14 games. 5 games to go. He took us exactly at half season. So I expect him to finish around 10 points better than Frank. Should be more, did not expected to lose points against WBA and Brighton. Major difference is defense. With Frank we conceded 23 in 19 and now with Tuchel just 8 in 14 (5 in a game). But goals are still missing. Just 18 scored in 14 games.

Arsenal and AV have nothing to play for. And add Fulham. This should be 9 points. LC is another game like today, 6 pointer, we should get result there and who knows we may get something out of City again.