The Tuchel Thread

Jase

23 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Its sad man, is your loyalty to FL or the club? I mean wtf........his legendhood is intact but reality is reality. I wonder if the same guilty folks at Shedend forum are still butthurt TT is doing good.

no player or manager is bigger than the club, not even Fergie

Our xG Against stat under Tuchel:

Wolves - 0.53
Burnley - 0.2
Spurs - 0.6
Sheffield Utd - 0.65
Barnsley - 1.53
Newcastle - 0.56
Atletico - 0.81
Southampton - 0.59
Man Utd - 0.4
Liverpool - 0.28
Everton - 0.34
Leeds - 0.39
Atletico - 0.55
Sheffield Utd - 0.9

Only twice in the 14 games that the stat has been higher than 0.81 and both times against the worst opponents (based on the run) - Barnsley and Sheffield United in the FA Cup. 

Our xG and xG Against under Tuchel:

ExBxS9PVEAE99T1?format=png&name=large

Excluding PK and OG:

- Only ONCE our xG has been higher than 2 in the 14 games - vs Newcastle.

- Only TWICE our xG Against has been higher than 0.81 in the 14 games - vs Barnsley and Sheffield United (both in FA Cup).

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Haarland it must be.......though I could see us go after Verratti he must be tired of that piss poor league.

Verrati would not hurt but he is 28 now... Anyway no matter which player I hope it will be someone who can play in a variety of system and styles and not only suited to a single manager's style or role.

If we really can pull off haaland, which i still doubt it is multiple times more worth it to build the team around him than Werner or Havertz. Guy jsut seems like the full package.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Verrati would not hurt but he is 28 now... Anyway no matter which player I hope it will be someone who can play in a variety of system and styles and not only suited to a single manager's style or role.

If we really can pull off haaland, which i still doubt it is multiple times more worth it to build the team around him than Werner or Havertz. Guy jsut seems like the full package.

Yeah I wouldnt mind EH either but lets face it he will cost a bomb, he has that cunt as manager and so forth and we are of course not the only game in town, its doable but man its gonna be a long summer regarding EH. I would still take Verrati if PSG dont charge an arm and a leg for him.

Camavinga will chose other league pretty sure.

But Tielemans is the real deal already. I am huge fan. 

Anderlecht and Monaco great teams for development. And now PL proven after great 2 and a half seasons in LC.

2 years left on contract, LC will try to cash in this summer I think if he does not want to renew. And we know they always sell for the right price. He is just 23 yo.

Would be great for double pivot and unlike Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic offers a lot in the final 3rd. Would spend around 60m for him without thinking.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

According to Bild, Tuchel has been promised a big-name signing by the club.

Haaland hopefully. He already said he wants to play in several leagues before retiring so it's easier for us to let him leave in a few years than City or Real for example, come here win some titles with us and after sell for big cash like Hazard to Real.

Edited by R2D2

Personally, rather we get Camavinga as our 'big name' considering Haaland is destined for City. 

Werner----Havertz

Pulisic---------------------Ziyech

Kovacic---Camavinga

Chilwell----Konate---Silva----James

Mendy 

Giroud/CHO/Mount/Kante/Gilmour/Alonso/Rudiger/Christensen/Dave/New GK

Edited by MoroccanBlue

On 26/03/2021 at 22:21, NikkiCFC said:

So when we see a lot of changes in lineup under Tuchel it is not because he is resting players but because he thinks that lineup is the best.

He made a point of pulling Kova, Ngolo and Jorginho about this in his first training session apparently and said they would be key to him but also he would be rotating between them depending on the opposition, game plan and fitness also. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

He made a point of pulling Kova, Ngolo and Jorginho about this in his first training session apparently and said they would be key to him but also he would be rotating between them depending on the opposition, game plan and fitness also. 

Said it before, Tuchel can get away with the rotation this season but next season onward, at some point, he needs to have a more settled selection. 

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

Said it before, Tuchel can get away with the rotation this season but next season onward, at some point, he needs to have a more settled selection. 

I agree to a degree, if he can keep us playing well and rotating every now and then whilst he does so then it adds some unpredictability to the team from an opposition point of view ie: who will play/shape etc. but again, I dont think hes hugely rotated the 11 that badly since coming in but its better to have a settled 11. I would say having a system and structure in place where you can change 3 or 4 players most weeks and still deliver good performances and results is also impressive and not to be seen as a bad thing.

I think he will make some moves in the summer though and put his own stamp on the squad. I would think he will want a CF, CB and maybe look for another midfielder? But again Kovacic-Jorginho have been picked pretty consistently. So have Azpi and Rudiger. Then Werner and Mount too. Plus throw in the GK and Alonso. He has only really changed the RWB between James and CHO and then who else makes up the front three. 

Edited by OneMoSalah