The Tuchel Thread

Jase

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm wondering is it possible to keep this level of defence and concede like 7 or 8 goals in full next season? 

We will play a different approach next season. Tuchel right now has the safety first approach bc he has to get us over the line in the league and still has 2 cups to play for. So conceding the least goals is our best chance to still make this a successful season. Next season he has a fresh start and will for sure play a quicker,more incisive appraoch to make us outscore teams and challenge for the league title.

It may appear a bit counterintuitive right now, but TT is actually a very attack-minded coach. His Dortmund side was electric. Surely he can give us more attacking impetus in time if he wishes buttime will tell

Edited by Magic Lamps

On 24/03/2021 at 19:39, MoroccanBlue said:

Personally, rather we get Camavinga as our 'big name' considering Haaland is destined for City. 

Werner----Havertz

Pulisic---------------------Ziyech

Kovacic---Camavinga

Chilwell----Konate---Silva----James

Mendy 

Giroud/CHO/Mount/Kante/Gilmour/Alonso/Rudiger/Christensen/Dave/New GK

Camavinga has not impressed at all.

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

When it rains, it pours.

That’s the perfect definition today and a remainder that this is the near SAME defence that conceded 50+ goals last season.

Keep on tampering with it, and you can reopen that terrible defence. Why change things that weren’t broken? Why was Christensen on the bench for? I know Silva is back, but he’s rusty. And while I can’t really blame him for the sending off, the second yellow he should have done better to avoid doing a late challenge.

Don't think there was any issue with the XI, bar Werner at ST. Jorginho's capitulation really cost us today. 3 misplaced passes leading to two yellow cards and a West Brom 2nd goal. 

Silva may have been rash but he should've never been in the situation in the first place. Especially when he's just come back. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Don't think there was any issue with the XI, bar Werner at ST. Jorginho's capitulation really cost us today. 3 misplaced passes leading to two yellow cards and a West Brom 2nd goal. 

Silva may have been rash but he should've never been in the situation in the first place. Especially when he's just come back. 

I questioned the wisdom of starting Werner as the ST against West Brom but given they actually pressed us high up instead of sitting back, there was actually space for us to exploit but we did F all with it.

Also, think it's becoming clearer that Tuchel wants mobility, pace, link-up etc from the person leading the line. Giroud doesn't provide that unless he scores. Werner can provide that but that's not his best position. Havertz would have started today, IMO, had he not started all 3 of Germany's games. 

He should have brought Havertz on for Pulisic and switched to a back 4. 

Werener off.. 

Odoi on to create width and have Havertz down the middle.

Make me manager.. .I'd fucking clip any player at the first sign of not performing against the shit teams we lose to.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

He should have brought Havertz on for Pulisic and switched to a back 4. 

Werener off.. 

Odoi on to create width and have Havertz down the middle.

Make me manager.. .I'd fucking clip any player at the first sign of not performing against the shit teams we lose to.

If im not wrong Odoi got injured at int