The Tuchel Thread

Jase

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Gullit's sacking didn't happen under Roman.

Scolari was clueless.

Conte forced out? lol He forced himself out by giving up in the second season. 

Like I said earlier, sacking Tuchel just because he doesn't get top 4 would be ludicrous. We'll never get anywhere if we continue to want only short term results etc. Unless we suddenly have a meltdown between now and the end of the season. Let Tuchel continue what he has started into next season.

And also worth noting that Tuchel was talking about his transfer ideas in his presser last Friday.

ruudallsport_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqvjkrU5CUwzWB7IxQbmL3fiAEszPXRWvuZi0mvM-gpwM.jpg

Edited by Vesper

6 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Those rival fans can go spit, they know we will do much better next season under TT so they are scared. And if you believe RA will sack TT cuz we didnt get top4 then your mental, surely the man deserves next season. We will do good under TT, he cant bloody fix everything in one go. Look at Poch at PSG.

They were Chelsea fans, not rivals.

When Liverpool were in the middle of their slump, I even saw some of their fans laughably questioning the future of Klopp, so a few Chelsea fans questioning the future of TT isn't all that shocking. Its just how some football fans are these days.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

That's still no fucking excuse for him to just give up and moan his way through that second season.

Yes, but again, at the end of the day he was right, and if RA and the board had listened to him we might well have gone onto to at least be very competitive with City and Liverpool over the past few years.

7 hours ago, chippy said:

Yes, but again, at the end of the day he was right, and if RA and the board had listened to him we might well have gone onto to at least be very competitive with City and Liverpool over the past few years.

Don't think so. Said this before, if we had gotten Conte's transfer targets, we would have ended up with more duds on top of the duds we already have or his duds over the club's duds.

He may have wanted the likes of Lukaku and Van Dijk - we didn't want to pay the huge fee for the latter but he didn't want to join us anyway - but he also wanted the likes of Fernando Llorente, Candreva, Nainggolan, Perisic etc. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't think so. Said this before, if we had gotten Conte's transfer targets, we would have ended up with more duds on top of the duds we already have or his duds over the club's duds.

He may have wanted the likes of Lukaku and Van Dijk - we didn't want to pay the huge fee for the latter but he didn't want to join us anyway - but he also wanted the likes of Fernando Llorente, Candreva, Nainggolan, Perisic etc. 

Speaking of the market that's my one worry with TT, his record isn't that great in that respect.

Luckily I think we only need a couple of players instead of a total overhaul (I actually believe most of our signings will come good) but still the links to Jonas Hoffmann are making me a little tense.

We were doing fine until Silva decided to get sent off and we completely imploded after that. I see one main culprit for this - Silva first and foremost for that stupid tackle on a yellow card. Jorginho also for just being pants. What exactly is Tuchel's fault here? Starting Silva was a mistake only in hindsight, if he'd know he'd get sent off you can bet he wouldn't have started. It was one of those shitty post-international break games that didn't go our way.

On 05/04/2021 at 08:34, manpe said:

We were doing fine until Silva decided to get sent off and we completely imploded after that. I see one main culprit for this - Silva first and foremost for that stupid tackle on a yellow card. Jorginho also for just being pants. What exactly is Tuchel's fault here? Starting Silva was a mistake only in hindsight, if he'd know he'd get sent off you can bet he wouldn't have started. It was one of those shitty post-international break games that didn't go our way.

I thin it's that, return from the international is always awkward. Players are off rhythm. 

So like Tuchel said a warning sign, but I think we will bounce back. 

Yes was correct, that's why I didn't pay too much attention to weekend result. It's called the FIFA bug. 

I really dislike internationals. I don't even watch them anymore. 

That being said I'm seriously worried about Werner. We should consider selling him this summer, because I remember Torres when we had the chance to sell after the first season we did not. Then end up losing him for free eventually. I think Werner still has a resale value and should entertain the swap deal with Dortmund plus cash for Haaland. 

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

That being said I'm seriously worried about Werner. We should consider selling him this summer, because I remember Torres when we had the chance to sell after the first season we did not. Then end up losing him for free eventually. I think Werner still has a resale value and should entertain the swap deal with Dortmund plus cash for Haaland. 

I don't exactly remember what happened with Torres but you talked as if Werner has only 2 years or 1 year left on his contract and we are running out of time to sell him for good money. He would still have 4 years left come this summer and if things are still shit come this time next year, we would still be able to fetch decent money for him then given he would have 3 years left.

Also, have we not learned anything from the De Bruyne and Salah sagas? Do we not give players, especially in the first season after joining from another country, at least a second season to right the wrongs? It's easy to forget that Werner was doing alright before the November international break and before things went shit for him. He still has some good performances under Tuchel, it's just the performances haven't been consistent. He has also contributed more goals than anyone else in the team this season. That counts for something, no? His problems now seem more mental than anything else and his situation is also to different to Torres last time, as he was physically and mentally done by the time we signed him from Liverpool. 

On top of that, people talk swap deals like we're living in FM or FIFA world. Clubs can plan for swap deal for all they like but it won't happen if the players don't want the move. Last we heard is that the club don't want to sell Werner and Werner has no intention of leaving, especially when he said at the start that he joined us to win trophies. Plus, does Haaland even want to join us? If we don't get Top 4, we can forget about signing him. And do Dortmund even want a swap deal? Given the potential financial trouble they might find themselves in, they may prefer to take the full fee for Haaland to cover for their losses and then use whatever balance to sign a replacement. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Bayern is not sniffing around him. But even if they do, we have great project and can offer great money. No need to rush for extension. After season ends, now focus on games. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I hope Bayern is not sniffing around him. But even if they does, we have great project and can offer great money. No need to rush for extension. After season ends, now focus on games. 

Tuchel working with Salihamidzic and the rest of the Bayern board? lol

30 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I hope Bayern is not sniffing around him. But even if they does, we have great project and can offer great money. No need to rush for extension. After season ends, now focus on games. 

This is a wee concern. Although I think Nagglesmann will instantly be their first choice. Or maybe a little bit out there but perhaps Max Allegri? Hes been out the game for a while now and is available. 

Leaving Bayern to manage Germany though is odd when Flick has been there 1.5 seasons as manager, although there has been grumblings that he is severely unhappy with Hasan Salihamidzic, dating back to the sale of Thiago and also that Bayern are letting Alaba and Boateng leave for nothing. Plus their recruitment has been poor. 

Tuchel has been of interest to Bayern before after he left Dortmund and Ancelotti got sacked so I would imagine if there was any sort of chance, albeit very slim (you’d hope we would state our intentions to back him this summer and let him continue growing what he’s doing here), they would maybe want to go for him this time round. I dont think though, not as first choice. Bayern cheapes out not trying to get him from Dortmund after Guardiola suggested he replaced him prior to going to City because he was under contract at Dortmund, so doubt it would happen with him under contract here.

Edited by OneMoSalah