The Tuchel Thread

Jase

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lampard won 29 points in 19 games. After today Tuchel also won 29 points. But with 14 games. 5 games to go. He took us exactly at half season. So I expect him to finish around 10 points better than Frank. Should be more, did not expected to lose points against WBA and Brighton. Major difference is defense. With Frank we conceded 23 in 19 and now with Tuchel just 8 in 14 (5 in a game). But goals are still missing. Just 18 scored in 14 games.

Arsenal and AV have nothing to play for. And add Fulham. This should be 9 points. LC is another game like today, 6 pointer, we should get result there and who knows we may get something out of City again.

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's easy to forget how great we looked under Scolari for a while. Dreadful dreadful at the end but pre Rafa nullifying the system and every other manager copying we were looking genuinely sensational.

I can't remember everything that happened in 2008 now but we did struggle and fail to beat Spurs, Man United and even Cluj before that. Think the warning signs were already there. It just slowly started to go south after the Liverpool game. It's a bit like Lampard's time this season, if you look at the results. We just strolled past every small teams then but struggled once we came up against a top side. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can't remember everything that happened in 2008 now but we did struggle and fail to beat Spurs, Man United and even Cluj before that. Think the warning signs were already there. It just slowly started to go south after the Liverpool game. It's a bit like Lampard's time this season, if you look at the results. We just strolled past every small teams then but struggled once we came up against a top side. 

I disagree, we did have the odd poor result but the quality of football was up there with the best we've ever played if not the best outright.

Problem was he had no plan B, soon as it was sussed that his style relied on Bosingwa and Cole he was stumped. 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I disagree, we did have the odd poor result but the quality of football was up there with the best we've ever played if not the best outright.

Problem was he had no plan B, soon as it was sussed that his style relied on Bosingwa and Cole he was stumped. 

Yeah but like I said, we were able to tear the smaller teams apart with the quality football but struggled once we came up against better teams. I do remember that we were poor in that game against United. 

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's easy to forget how great we looked under Scolari for a while. 

Yeah, I remember the 4:0 win against Portsmouth (Scolari's debut for Chelsea). We played attractive football. Deco/Bosingwa had such an immediate impact on the team in a good way!

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lampard won 29 points in 19 games. After today Tuchel also won 29 points. But with 14 games. 5 games to go. He took us exactly at half season. So I expect him to finish around 10 points better than Frank. Should be more, did not expected to lose points against WBA and Brighton. Major difference is defense. With Frank we conceded 23 in 19 and now with Tuchel just 8 in 14 (5 in a game). But goals are still missing. Just 18 scored in 14 games.

Arsenal and AV have nothing to play for. And add Fulham. This should be 9 points. LC is another game like today, 6 pointer, we should get result there and who knows we may get something out of City again.

Arsenal and Fulham are both London derbies tho. I expect Arsenal to be up for it. On the plus side, London derby means no travelling so. I am not worried about the big games domestically. Vardrid have a habit of fluking themselves through. Most important will be to get kovacic back and everyone stay injury free. if we manage that we have a chance for fa cup and 3rd place.

Really enjoyed his presser today, good on him for speaking out regarding the new CL format. Its BS, did Uefa ask the clubs about this? The managers or players maybe? LIke fuck they did, Uefa just another corrupt entity protecting their own interests, yet they dare to diss the clubs for daring a ESP

30 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Really enjoyed his presser today, good on him for speaking out regarding the new CL format. Its BS, did Uefa ask the clubs about this? The managers or players maybe? LIke fuck they did, Uefa just another corrupt entity protecting their own interests, yet they dare to diss the clubs for daring a ESP

On the other hand, Pulisic was being a journalist's nightmare. Was asked some tough/tricky questions and gave the most basic/simplest of replies. No juicy quotes for the journalists. lol 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

On the other hand, Pulisic was being a journalist's nightmare. Was asked some tough/tricky questions and gave the most basic/simplest of replies. No juicy quotes for the journalists. lol 

He's probably had some resentment for the journalists in this country ever since his first Chelsea interview featured a question about Giroud's new contract before it turning into the Jason Sancho show.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's probably had some resentment for the journalists in this country ever since his first Chelsea interview featured a question about Giroud's new contract before it turning into the Jason Sancho show.

That's quite a hot take but okay. 🤣

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Good very good, starve them cunts

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

I wasn't being (totally) serious but I can't imagine it left a good first impression.

TBF, I don't think Pulisic is someone who says a lot of things in the media. He, after all, has admitted to be an introvert who doesn't like dealing with the public stuff too much.

Ok this season, he came mid season, we have a chance for success in 3 comps but for next season board should demand less pragmatism. He is really, really pragmatic coach. 

In Dortmund pressure is low, they have their style of play for decades so he was also like this. But when results are much more important and trophies are expected he turns into this.

It was like this in PSG in important games. For example, quarter final of CL against Atalanta he played with: Navas, Kehrer, Silva, Kimpembe, Bernat, Marquinhos, Gueye, Herrera, Sarabia, Icardi, Neymar.

So 4-3-3 where RB is someone who is more CB, CB on DM plus 2 DMs in Gueye and Herrera. Sarabia also someone who played more as AM in Spain. Only after he made offensive changes with Mbappe, Moting, Draxler and Paredes they won the game with 2 late goals. Very often he played with 3 DMs so basically all cards are on Mbappe and Neymar. But we dont have them. Now in Chelsea he almost always puts lineup where you just do not expect us to score more than once. Defensive wing backs, midfielders who never do anything in the final 3rd... Today we had like 2 offensive players. He needs to change this next season so we always have at least 4 or 5 offensive players like City or Liverpool with very offensive full backs.