The Tuchel Thread

Jase

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

This is a wee concern. Although I think Nagglesmann will instantly be their first choice. Or maybe a little bit out there but perhaps Max Allegri? Hes been out the game for a while now and is available. 

Leaving Bayern to manage Germany though is odd when Flick has been there 1.5 seasons as manager, although there has been grumblings that he is severely unhappy with Hasan Salihamidzic, dating back to the sale of Thiago and also that Bayern are letting Alaba and Boateng leave for nothing. Plus their recruitment has been poor. 

Tuchel has been of interest to Bayern before after he left Dortmund and Ancelotti got sacked so I would imagine if there was any sort of chance, albeit very slim (you’d hope we would state our intentions to back him this summer and let him continue growing what he’s doing here), they would maybe want to go for him this time round. I dont think though, not as first choice. Bayern cheapes out not trying to get him from Dortmund after Guardiola suggested he replaced him prior to going to City because he was under contract at Dortmund, so doubt it would happen with him under contract here.

the sale of Thiago

was madness

letting Alaba

leave for nothing.

more madness

Hes building well on Conte and Sarri. Using Conte's defensive structure as a foundation but the midfield possession is something that started with Sarri (Conte never had the players like Jorginho and Kovacic and in all honesty I don't think Conte has the perspective to coach a possession based team like Tuchel and Sarri). 

The exciting thing is that TT hasn't had any breathing room between matches to really stamp his coaching in training. I really like his perspective of football. Going up the next step will be more efficient and expansive attack which is slowly but surely booming. 

Hes made me a huge fan. He also seems a great guy 

TT tactical masterclass today. We contained the best side in the world to a handful of half-chances. Immense defensive display. Also created several good opportunities.

TT has won vs:

Pep Guardiola, Jürgen Klopp, Diego Simeone (2X), José Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti

in the space of weeks. Impressive

Edited by Magic Lamps

5 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

Worried Bayern will be looking at him we can’t lose him. 

Do people really think Tuchel will go to Bayern?

We all know Tuchel's history when it comes to dealing and falling out with the club's board and Bayern have one that is dominated by several individuals - e.g. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Hasan Salihamidzic.

Hansi Flick is quitting because of a rift with their sporting director and people think it won't happen with Tuchel?

Granted, it may happen here with Tuchel and Marina but at least he'll only have to deal with one person mainly as opposed to 2-3 other people. And there's also less politics here than at Bayern. 

Gotta say, when Tuchel was hired, I didn't expect him to set us up to play in a pragmatic way, even if it has been the right decision (for the short term at least). When he was hired, I thought he would set us up play in a more expansive way, set us up to play a football style that is more towards his reputation and what he did at Dortmund etc. Instead, he's been doing everything like an Italian manager, like what I thought Allegri would have done had we hired him. 

Do you remember back in 2008 and 2012 when Petr Cech sort of predicted our Champions League final chances based on his pick ups and feelings? That he did not like the Moscow setting, the colors, but he loved the Munich environment etc?

Well, well, well. I just heard him in an interview for a Czech TV and he really fancies this year's chances, and gave several similar findings and feelings just like in the past. He was focusing more on numbers but the result is the same 😁

It is official. We are winning this thing!

15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Dave is criminally underrated by the football world by and large. 

Criminally underrated by our fans more than anything. There have been so called Chelsea fans who were saying he was finished last season and the season before. 

1 hour ago, milka said:

The funny thing, they are also by far our 2 most frustrating players in possession. Both lose the ball when they shouldn't or find the wrong pass often (kante esp) that disrupts transition momentum. It's so annoying.

Not trying to take anything away from them, there's no perfect player. And I love them both. Absolutely brilliant players. But they are certainly limited. I think that's one of the reasons azpi is underappreciated at times. There's no flash or silky smoothness. 

10 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

Worried Bayern will be looking at him we can’t lose him. 

No chance mate, no chance. I have utterly zero belief that he will leave for BM. You can clearly see he already loves Chels and will not just leave cuz Bayern come calling. He is ours.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Criminally underrated by our fans more than anything. There have been so called Chelsea fans who were saying he was finished last season and the season before. 

TT has restored Azpi like JM did with JT in 2nd sting

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He is finished at RB imo, he's average there as he needs to bomb forward and track back with his declining pace. Not his strengths, James is better suited for running up and down the field all game long. However I don't think anybody ever wrote Azpi off at CB, this particular system suits him perfectly.

Tuchel is great, a tactical mastermind. One thing I also like about him is that he shows trust in his fringe players, like Kepa, to play in a big game like FA Cup semi-final. Many managers wouldn't have the balls, the backup keeper usually stops playing around the quarter/semi-final stages. This reinforces the feeling in the squad that literally everybody is important, which keeps them motivated and on their toes whenever called upon.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Gotta say, when Tuchel was hired, I didn't expect him to set us up to play in a pragmatic way, even if it has been the right decision (for the short term at least). When he was hired, I thought he would set us up play in a more expansive way, set us up to play a football style that is more towards his reputation and what he did at Dortmund etc. Instead, he's been doing everything like an Italian manager, like what I thought Allegri would have done had we hired him. 

We weren't really pragmatic until after the goal. Before that, thought we were relatively in control. Even bloody outpossessed a Guardiola side 70/30% in the first half. That for me is the difference between Tuchel and Conte/Allegri. The former looks to control whereas the latter look to sit back and react. We are lucky that Tuchel is clever enough with his game management and is something that many Germans feel he has the edge over Klopp. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Nonsense to say our fans have underrated Azpi.

I've never seen anyone say he's been anything less than a top player for us and one of the best value for money signings we've ever made. 

Some fans saying his legs have gone is not the same thing at all as underrating him.