The Mourinho Thread

Reading that balague blog I'm not overly shocked if its true regarding Ramos, Madrid has been a poisoned chalice for years since '02/'03

Feel sorry for Jose though people are saying he's run out of ideas etc and counting him out.

To say José failed at Real is purpostorious and not a fair assesment of the situation. His closest rivals are one of the best Club football teams the game has ever seen, he took over a club that is as poisonous as arsen and coincidentially the "biggest club in the world". The expectations are just redicolously high and I think that no manager is capable of performing at Real without coming under scrutiny and the pressure that will probably take a normal humans head off. I wouldn´t say he fucked up, I rather think that José has reached his limits with Real. No one can do this job forever, look at the manager structure they have had. The reason they are not performing well this season is probably more down to politics inside the club. The situation got to him, he overreacted in a lof situations that make me question him on a couple of occasions; sure, he always had a vicious side to him but at Real he at times looked to be only the devil of football rather then the cool genious that he was at Inter and Chelsea.

I want him back. His ego just suits this club well.

To say José failed at Real is purpostorious and not a fair assesment of the situation. His closest rivals are one of the best Club football teams the game has ever seen, he took over a club that is as poisonous as arsen and coincidentially the "biggest club in the world". The expectations are just redicolously high and I think that no manager is capable of performing at Real without coming under scrutiny and the pressure that will probably take a normal humans head off. I wouldn´t say he fucked up, I rather think that José has reached his limits with Real. No one can do this job forever, look at the manager structure they have had. The reason they are not performing well this season is probably more down to politics inside the club. The situation got to him, he overreacted in a lof situations that make me question him on a couple of occasions; sure, he always had a vicious side to him but at Real he at times looked to be only the devil of football rather then the cool genious that he was at Inter and Chelsea.

I want him back. His ego just suits this club well.

I would say he has completely fucked up. The title race was practically over by November and he's currently third in a two horse race. If that isn't fucking up I don't know what is.

His ego doesn't suit this club. What does that even mean? We need to move away from all the extra nonsense that surrounds this club. It's time to focus more on what actually happens behind the scenes and getting things right as opposed to bringing in some larger than life character for his ego.

I would say he has completely fucked up. The title race was practically over by November and he's currently third in a two horse race. If that isn't fucking up I don't know what is.

His ego doesn't suit this club. What does that even mean? We need to move away from all the extra nonsense that surrounds this club. It's time to focus more on what actually happens behind the scenes and getting things right as opposed to bringing in some larger than life character for his ego.

It means that he's got that arrogance and swagger that this club has had since I can remember. You might want to forget that nonsense, but isn't it the nonsense that makes each club unique?

Also you criticised his tactical acumen a while back yet didn't give an example of a manager better than him in this regard. It's very easy to criticise but against whom are you measuring him?

It means that he's got that arrogance and swagger that this club has had since I can remember. You might want to forget that nonsense, but isn't it the nonsense that makes each club unique?

Also you criticised his tactical acumen a while back yet didn't give an example of a manager better than him in this regard. It's very easy to criticise but against whom are you measuring him?

The club is a very different beast now to what it once was. His 'arrogance and swagger' has already led to a falling out with the owner which saw him walk one month into a season leaving the club in disarray.

The issues he's having at Madrid now are a direct result of his 'arrogance and swagger'. Some of his own players dislike him, Jorge Valdano (a club legend and general manager) left Madrid because of Mourinho and there has been instances this season where Madrid supporters boo him. He has alienated an awful lot of people at that football club and people, for some reason, want to ignore that and welcome him back with open arms. It's ludicrous.

I already gave an example of Mourinho failing tactically against Pep's Barcelona in the 5-0 hammering. He was routinely outfoxed by Pep and has a bad record against him. Funnily enough Pellegrini's Malaga taught Madrid a lesson not too long ago. Dortmund dominated Madrid TWICE this season and were a goalkeepers mistake away from beating them home and away.

The club is a very different beast now to what it once was. His 'arrogance and swagger' has already led to a falling out with the owner which saw him walk one month into a season leaving the club in disarray.

The issues he's having at Madrid now are a direct result of his 'arrogance and swagger'. Some of his own players dislike him, Jorge Valdano (a club legend and general manager) left Madrid because of Mourinho and there has been instances this season where Madrid supporters boo him. He has alienated an awful lot of people at that football club and people, for some reason, want to ignore that and welcome him back with open arms. It's ludicrous.

I already gave an example of Mourinho failing tactically against Pep's Barcelona in the 5-0 hammering. He was routinely outfoxed by Pep and has a bad record against him. Funnily enough Pellegrini's Malaga taught Madrid a lesson not too long ago. Dortmund dominated Madrid TWICE this season and were a goalkeepers mistake away from beating them home and away.

I don't think the club is that different. In fact part of the reason Rafa doesn't fit well here is because he's such a boring fucker. Jose embodies a lot of what we are as a club in my opinion, which is why the fit was so good in the first place plus he's still loved here. His fingerprints are still very much on this club.

Madrid is tough for any big manager because the club is almost royalty there. They don't want a manager who will impose his personality on the club - they simply want a custodian to maintain the status quo. We need someone to build something, and whilst Jose doesn't have a track record of long stays at clubs one would hope he has changed somewhat after his experience at Madrid. If he hasn't then he won't come back.

As for the issue of tactical nous, Di Matteo outdid Guardiola over two legs and when it came to it Pep didn't have a plan B. My point was that by your rationale you would struggle to point to a single manager with 'tactical nous' because it's so arbitrary and serves only to reinforce your view of Mourinho. If your example of someone with strong tactical awareness is 'Arry Pelligrini then you know I'm going to refer to his tenure at Madrid. If it's Pep then he managed to finish last season with nothing.

FYI and not that you need any advice top2b, its pointless making a defence of Jose (not that he needs defending in anyway shape or form) on this site because you will always get detractors that like to go out of their way to somehow disrespect his tenure as manager of our club or now its reasons for his return, it tedious and nauseating.

Now its because he is controversial - ffs! Ask any Gooner whether they would prefer a trophy cabinet full of air or a manager that will put silverware in the cabinet for the first time in almost a decade - they wouldn't give a toss about controversy! Jose has a way that gets under the oppositions skin and its all part of a winning mentality which acts as double edged sword in that it takes all the pressure off the players, Ferguson has this all to his own at the moment but this will change once Jose returns to the PL - hopefully with us were we can finally mount a serious title challenge.

Jose is the best available option, detractors beware he ends up at City or another PL club making them successful ahead of us - careful what you wish for........

eh, I'm not a big fan of Mourinho. I wasn't a fan of Chelsea when he was here ( I started to watch Chelsea a lot after Hiddink came in), so I don't hold much sentimentally feelings like the rest of the other posters...

I feel like if Chelsea do bring him back, he's going to want a complete overhaul of players. At Real Madrid he had the top players in the world for each position, save Arbeloa and maybe Khedira. However, at Chelsea, I don't really rate anyone on the team to be the top players for their respective position.

Also, as someone mentioned before, he doesn't groom young players.... Our team right now consists of so many U-21 guys, I don't think he would be a good fit for Chelsea moving forward.

So does Paulo Ferrera , we should play him too I reckon :)

You are the dumbest person I've had the displeasure of conversing with, and my sister works at a school for retards.. The fact that you have any rep on this site just goes to show how bad this place is becoming..

Schmelzer (BVB) "Mourinho is crazy, he approached me before & asked me to tell Ozil to move faster, I was surprised But i did what he want""What surprised me, Ozil didn't fiind it hard to believe it, he just got the message and gave the ok to his coach !"

:D

BDt2rZRCIAIzntT.jpg

Pure Fucking class..