The Mourinho Thread

I found it really interesting during all of the SKY SPORTS build-up that Jose really does look 'downbeat' - he doesn't have that same 'twinkle / sparkle' anymore... Think this RM job has been really tough on him and he probably thinks dealing with RA is definitely better...

Again, I would like to see him come back... Despite some of his comments, he is a great guy and other top managers like him - because he wants to win - and surely that's what they're all trying to do...

I would love to see him back here and him getting the team motivated and building a 'fortress' at SB again...

@Pizy, agreed - Benzema was hopeless... I actually think Torres in his last game was > Benzema... TBH never rated him that much anyway, thought DiMaria was great and where was the normal crazy RB with big hair? Think they missed him too... Ozil was also REALLY poor... I would definitely start Modric ahead of him...

Did you watch the game? No rudeness intended but just asking incase you didn't watch it, United stifled Madrid for the vast majority of the match, played deeper than usual, just thought Jose would do what Jose does and make a/or change(s).

I don't think that means he was tactically out-thought though.

I found it really interesting during all of the SKY SPORTS build-up that Jose really does look 'downbeat' - he doesn't have that same 'twinkle / sparkle' anymore... Think this RM job has been really tough on him and he probably thinks dealing with RA is definitely better...

Again, I would like to see him come back... Despite some of his comments, he is a great guy and other top managers like him - because he wants to win - and surely that's what they're all trying to do...

I would love to see him back here and him getting the team motivated and building a 'fortress' at SB again...

@Pizy, agreed - Benzema was hopeless... I actually think Torres in his last game was > Benzema... TBH never rated him that much anyway, thought DiMaria was great and where was the normal crazy RB with big hair? Think they missed him too... Ozil was also REALLY poor... I would definitely start Modric ahead of him...

Yea he doesn't to have that spark he used to have and his press conferences rn't they same as they were here I am guessing that's purely bcoz Madrid haven't had a very successful season and if he comes back to the Bridge and does what he did before he might regain that spark. I have never seen our defence performing so poorly (k parts of the AVB era r exceptions). I think he deep down too feels that Stamford Bridge is his home.

Modric definetly deserves to get more game time, but Ozil was good in the EL Classico so I guess that's why Mourinho picked him.

btw was Marcelo injured or was he on the subs bench because he would have been a gr8 impact sub for Madrid last night.

What I am confused about though is why are Madrid struggling to defend well as it's a Mourinho team? b

Yea he doesn't to have that spark he used to have and his press conferences rn't they same as they were here I am guessing that's purely bcoz Madrid haven't had a very successful season and if he comes back to the Bridge and does what he did before he might regain that spark. I have never seen our defence performing so poorly (k parts of the AVB era r exceptions). I think he deep down too feels that Stamford Bridge is his home.

Modric definetly deserves to get more game time, but Ozil was good in the EL Classico so I guess that's why Mourinho picked him.

btw was Marcelo injured or was he on the subs bench because he would have been a gr8 impact sub for Madrid last night.

What I am confused about though is why are Madrid struggling to defend well as it's a Mourinho team? b

Yeah Marcelo - that's the dude I was thinking of - he's always been good when I've seen him play - great shot too...

Not sure on RM defence - it is a bit shaky... I think it's a different mentality there though - he has to play attacking, as thats what the fans expect...

What's the talk of Mourinho out-done tactically? Madrid were in total control and were unlucky not to score 4-5 goals. Fabio Coentrao in particular had two chances, both of which were wonderfully saved by De Gea. Also Ronaldo wasn't far away from his second only to miss the target from close range with his head. United go lucky and were only dangerous during couple of occasions (Van Persie's miss for example)

Also they can't play as defensive and as deep when they're at Old Trafford, because it might and most certainly will backfire. It's beyond me how Jones didn't even get booked, was allright but very raw with his challanges. Same could be said about Varane who took down Evra, easily could have been a straight red (last man), credit to the referee though, kept it under control as much as needed. It's men's game, there should be some kind of physical battle allowed.

Do people think Mancini will get sacked then?

I thought City were all about stability and we were the ones who sacked managers. Now they're going to sack a guy after he won them the league just last season? :noexpression:

As for Moyes, I've said before that he could be great but I have no idea what type of football he'd be serving up if he came. He's always fit his teams around the players he's had available to him (like moving Fellaini forward or focusing the play down the left to take advantage of Baines and Pienaar) whereas at Chelsea he'd have the resources to play the type of football he'd want. I just don't really know what that would be so it's hard to suggest him.

Um, what? Madrid were battering them at several points and were unlucky not to score 4 or 5 due to great goal keeping.

I don't know what the hell has happened to Benzema but he was playing like Torres last night. That didnt exactly help Jose's cause.

De Gea had a solid game but he made only 2 good saves, all the other shots that he saved went straight to him. Benzema didn't play well because manure didn't let him to, they marked him very well (the same goes for Higuain when he replaced him) .

I don't think that means he was tactically out-thought though.

Real played exactly how rednose wanted them to play. Look at manure's starting lineup, they didn't use any wingers which is not very common for them. Ferguson decided to close down the middle and he used 3 centrebacks, with Jones manmarking Ronaldo and doing a tremendous job. Yes Real had a few good chances to score more goals but so did manure and overall i found them more composed on the ball, very calm defending and when they attacked you had a feeling that they were more dangerous comparing to when Real was attacking. Real should have attacked more through the wings (especially their left wing) and it's really baffling why they didn't. The couple of times they did use the flanks they scored a goal and created their two most dangerous chances.

De Gea had a solid game but he made only 2 good saves, all the other shots that he saved went straight to him. Benzema didn't play well because manure didn't let him to, they marked him very well (the same goes for Higuain when he replaced him) .

Real played exactly how rednose wanted them to play. Look at manure's starting lineup, they didn't use any wingers which is not very common for them. Ferguson decided to close down the middle and he used 3 centrebacks, with Jones manmarking Ronaldo and doing a tremendous job. Yes Real had a few good chances to score more goals but so did manure and overall i found them more composed on the ball, very calm defending and when they attacked you had a feeling that they were more dangerous comparing to when Real was attacking. Real should have attacked more through the wings (especially their left wing) and it's really baffling why they didn't. The couple of times they did use the flanks they scored a goal and created their two most dangerous chances.

I don't think playing defensive football is necessarily 'tactically outthinking' them. What we saw was two teams playing exactly how everyone expected, and United executing their gameplan slightly better than Madrid.

What's the talk of Mourinho out-done tactically? Madrid were in total control and were unlucky not to score 4-5 goals. Fabio Coentrao in particular had two chances, both of which were wonderfully saved by De Gea. Also Ronaldo wasn't far away from his second only to miss the target from close range with his head. United go lucky and were only dangerous during couple of occasions (Van Persie's miss for example)

Also they can't play as defensive and as deep when they're at Old Trafford, because it might and most certainly will backfire. It's beyond me how Jones didn't even get booked, was allright but very raw with his challanges. Same could be said about Varane who took down Evra, easily could have been a straight red (last man), credit to the referee though, kept it under control as much as needed. It's men's game, there should be some kind of physical battle allowed.

Yea they were unlucky and Mourinho had full control of what he was doing tactically speaking.

Yea about the ref FFS! The Manure scumbags are pretty much bombarding Troll Football with pics of Felix Brych in an RM jersey. He helped them a lot!

Ah, Mesut Ozil was such a steal for Madrid, under £10m. What a player he's become!

he has always been quality and a perfect example that magicians do not need to be midgets who get bullied all the time and hence are useless as soon as their opponents are stronger and faster than them.