The Mourinho Thread

Any team that plays Barcelona sits deep and plays counter-attacking football. Even the games Mourinho has won against them have followed that template. Giving Mourinho credit for doing what most managers do makes little sense. In fact he got battered 5-0 the one time he tried to play a high-line against Barcelona and hasn't tried to push up against them ever since.

But you have to acknowledge Phil Jackson was fortunate enough to coach 4 of arguably the top 10-15 players in NBA history in Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe. I'd bet on any competent coach leading teams led by those players to glory (maybe not 11 championships but not too far off). Talented coach but fortunate to have managed great players.

My point is Mourinho is an excellent man manager (in doubt this season at Madrid) and motivator. Tactician? Not so much.

Please, Please, Please...Dont say things about the Zen master if you dont know much about teams and players he coached...How many rings did Jordan win without Big Phil?...Im a Laker fan, and how many rings do you think we have won after Phil?, the first time Phil Jackson left the Lakers, we were so dreadful that Kobe asked to be traded, why didnt the almighty Kobe(whom i adore) not win everything for the Lakers himself, or why he is not wining it for us now...Shaq only won the one ring with and amazing D Wade after he left the lakers...How many rings has the best player of right now (Lebron) won? just one? and he took him being two years with D wade and Bosh to pull it off...I bet if the Zen master had coached Lebron, we would have been counting the number of rings they have both won...

I know he had some of the best players of our time, but do you also notice that he seems to get the very best from the best players of our time?...Somehow great managers always tried to get their success looked down upon because the had the best player in their locker room, or maybe it was because of that manager that the player turned out that great...

Mourinho: in my opinion had a lot to do with making Lamps, JT, Drogba and Cech into the world beaters they turned out to be....

Fergie: Giggs, Beckham, C Ronaldo...The list goes on

Big Phil...Shaq was the leagues beast and best big man, but couldnt win a ring until he played for the Zen, master...

Kobe was an arrogant teenager who Big Phil described as uncoachable and turned him into the BLACK MAMBA that we have today

Michael Jordan...How many rings did he win with big Phil?...All 6 that he has...

Phil Jackson as a basketball coach/manager is the GREATEST there has EVER been, and i am not sure i will see another GREATER in my lifetime....Thank you Zen Master for everything...

Any team that plays Barcelona sits deep and plays counter-attacking football. Even the games Mourinho has won against them have followed that template. Giving Mourinho credit for doing what most managers do makes little sense. In fact he got battered 5-0 the one time he tried to play a high-line against Barcelona and hasn't tried to push up against them ever since.

But you have to acknowledge Phil Jackson was fortunate enough to coach 4 of arguably the top 10-15 players in NBA history in Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe. I'd bet on any competent coach leading teams led by those players to glory (maybe not 11 championships but not too far off). Talented coach but fortunate to have managed great players.

My point is Mourinho is an excellent man manager (in doubt this season at Madrid) and motivator. Tactician? Not so much.

Like I said previously, I've got a feeling you could diminish any manager's tactical nous if you wanted.

Please, Please, Please...Dont say things about the Zen master if you dont know much about teams and players he coached...How many rings did Jordan win without Big Phil?...Im a Laker fan, and how many rings do you think we have won after Phil?

Phil Jackson as a basketball coach/manager is the GREATEST there has EVER been, and i am not sure i will see another GREATER in my lifetime....Thank you Zen Master for everything...

I am a Laker fan too :D I remember when Del Harris coached the Lakers & they won 60 games. How many rings did they win? ZERO IMHO Jose Mourinho is our Phil Jackson. True he might stunt our youth & we might pay for more expensive options, but the Man knows how to win Titles. FACT

special1.jpg

So I will go to my local thrift store & buy some manure gear for the 2nd leg @ ole crapfort & cheer for manure, knowing that a manure win will get Chelsea a step closer to the Return of The Special One. (yes it does make for an Epic Moving title)

I Know... Conte, Pellegrini...

That´s it.

The way I see it. Roman is not, at least it seems to me, the type that would hire Jose whom he dismissed once.

Hopefully, I am mistaken here though. Jose would be the best, I feel. His character, behavior just sits well for Chelsea.

He's coming/ He's not coming He's coming/ He's not coming.

If i didn't know any better i might think that the newspapers don't have a clue what they are talking about... :ermm:

Same!I'd also think they like to make up stories or twist things but nah surley that cant be right but they are magic and seem to know more about whats going on then the owners and board and peple themselves do

Please, Please, Please...Dont say things about the Zen master if you dont know much about teams and players he coached...How many rings did Jordan win without Big Phil?...Im a Laker fan, and how many rings do you think we have won after Phil?, the first time Phil Jackson left the Lakers, we were so dreadful that Kobe asked to be traded, why didnt the almighty Kobe(whom i adore) not win everything for the Lakers himself, or why he is not wining it for us now...Shaq only won the one ring with and amazing D Wade after he left the lakers...How many rings has the best player of right now (Lebron) won? just one? and he took him being two years with D wade and Bosh to pull it off...I bet if the Zen master had coached Lebron, we would have been counting the number of rings they have both won...

I know he had some of the best players of our time, but do you also notice that he seems to get the very best from the best players of our time?...Somehow great managers always tried to get their success looked down upon because the had the best player in their locker room, or maybe it was because of that manager that the player turned out that great...

Mourinho: in my opinion had a lot to do with making Lamps, JT, Drogba and Cech into the world beaters they turned out to be....

Fergie: Giggs, Beckham, C Ronaldo...The list goes on

Big Phil...Shaq was the leagues beast and best big man, but couldnt win a ring until he played for the Zen, master...

Kobe was an arrogant teenager who Big Phil described as uncoachable and turned him into the BLACK MAMBA that we have today

Michael Jordan...How many rings did he win with big Phil?...All 6 that he has...

I think Phil jackson is a very good coach (you just need to see what happen to lakers right now)

It's the same thing with basketball and football. It starts with the player first (which is the most important, you cannot win without good players) then you need a good coach to bring the best out those players