The Mourinho Thread

That was really poor from Madrid tonight. You expect better with the players they have at their disposal. Mourinho and Madrid's season is very, very close to collapsing and being an all out disaster. This is with perhaps the most expensively assembled squad in World football. I just can't believe people are desperate for him to come back.

That was really poor from Madrid tonight. You expect better with the players they have at their disposal. Mourinho and Madrid's season is very, very close to collapsing and being an all out disaster. This is with perhaps the most expensively assembled squad in World football. I just can't believe people are desperate for him to come back.

So who would you prefer, that is available???

I am absolutely desperate for him to come back. he is such a great manager, personality man manager etc. It would motivate our squad and we would feel like a "team" again.

Honestly mate, I don't know who is available but I'm just not fully sold on Mourinho. You have to take this season at Madrid into consideration.

But isn't it possible for any manager to have a below-par season? Yes they're in 3'rd place,.. but they're only 4 points behind Athletico Madrid (who they have already trashed once this season). You can point out that they're 16 points behind Barca, and that's perhaps too big a gap considering the quality squad they've got....., but isn't that the same kind of situation in England with Man utd and City? It can happen sometimes, when either the leading team is far too consistent, or one of your key players like say, Kompany or Ozil are not playing at their usual level....or perhaps both..

The problem is Mourinho hasn't been at any club long enough for us to truly judge him. Hopefully that's about to change..

Did you watch the game? No rudeness intended but just asking incase you didn't watch it, United stifled Madrid for the vast majority of the match, played deeper than usual, just thought Jose would do what Jose does and make a/or change(s).

Did you watch the game? No rudeness intended but just asking incase you didn't watch it, United stifled Madrid for the vast majority of the match, played deeper than usual, just thought Jose would do what Jose does and make a/or change(s).

Um, what? Madrid were battering them at several points and were unlucky not to score 4 or 5 due to great goal keeping.

I don't know what the hell has happened to Benzema but he was playing like Torres last night. That didnt exactly help Jose's cause.