The Mourinho Thread

@Essien19,

You have to realize before Mourinho came back we were in the beginning of an end of a transition phase. I don't think it is fair to compare the team success before Mou and after, I don't think it is that easy of an analysis. We had an aging squad and phasing out period; remember Anelka, Malouda, Essien, Kalou(other reasons),Torres(flop), Cole, Drogba, Lampard, and Terry the old guards?

We kept a core of players that was untouched minus Torres, they all aged past their best together. It was undoubtedly an end of a cycle. A drop off was unavoidable, and a complete transition does not happen over night or in this case one summer. You only realistically have 3-4 changeover at most, complete overhaul does not happen.Any manager would have seen a need for a striker and midfield reinforcementts, . Heck you could argue if RDM or Rafa stayed as manager that would have been periority, and those needs would have been addressed a summer earlier.

So I can't look at this black and white before Mou after Mou like all things were equal. A natural circumstance and growing pain was unavoidable and that was price to pay when we also bought young players rather then world class players to replace them.

@Essien19,

You have to realize before Mourinho came back we were in the beginning of an end of a transition phase. I don't think it is fair to compare the team success before Mou and after, I don't think it is that easy of an analysis. We had an aging squad and phasing out period; remember Anelka, Malouda, Essien, Kalou(other reasons),Torres(flop), Cole, Drogba, Lampard, and Terry the old guards?

We kept a core of players that was untouched minus Torres, they all aged past their best together. It was undoubtedly an end of a cycle. A drop off was unavoidable, and a complete transition does not happen over night or in this case one summer. You only realistically have 3-4 changeover at most, complete overhaul does not happen.Any manager would have seen a need for a striker and midfield reinforcementts, . Heck you could argue if RDM or Rafa stayed as manager that would have been periority, and those needs would have been addressed a summer earlier.

So I can't look at this black and white before Mou after Mou like all things were equal. A natural circumstance and growing pain was unavoidable and that was price to pay when we also bought young players rather then world class players to replace them.

Yes, you are spot on about the aging squad.

Nevertheless the old guard wasn't that bad, yes, some reinforcements would have been great.

We are back to the question who is in control?!

Buying some midfielder who is able to create something and can dictate play would have really helped the cause.

A good winger too.

Mourinho is often criticised for his lack of ruthlessness, but guys like Sturridge and especially Bertrand could have been used more.

Josh McEachran could have been a rising star, but no one showed faith in him, rather playing safe and use Mikel.

Back in the day the people in charge were afraid of making the judgement call.

Avb wanted too much, the high-line was too risky and sticking with Torres instead of Drogba against the likes of Manchester United,

big balls, but plain stupid, sorry.

I liked RDM, but after the Double he wasn't able to develop the style of play.

He sticked with Torres until the second match against Juve, he put Hazard upfront, game over.

Rafa was something else. Sometimes "Mazacar" produced great stuff, but the defense organisation wasn't good enough,

the decision making of Ivanovic and Luiz were often piss poor.

Too many defeats in the league, yes, a lot of football fans liked the style of play, but that wins you nothing in the League and CL...

None of these 3 managers were able to implement something as a philosophy, it has always been way too chaotic.

What about after Joses sacking in 2007?

After that everything turned to shit, yes i remember the CL final, Joses team without the constructor.

It's all speculation, members like Jason maybe will start frowning, but with Jose we would have won more.

For me, it's simple as that, therefore Abramovich has brought him back, he has admitted to that mistake.

Lukaku and De Bruyne, i count two young players.

Maybe we can add Salah and my Sherley to that list, but that's it with young players.

We got battered by Spurs last year, maybe that was the turning point for the tactics last season, if i remember correctly.

Overall the play of style wasn't pretty but even the second leg against PSG, we almost made progress, lost it because of defending.

Is it the right way?!

I prefer a different style, way too reactive, "whoever has the ball is going to make a mistake", having around ~30% of the ball is debatable.

We have experienced a bad start to the campaign, the next game we kick-start the season, that's a vicious circle, absolutely deadly.

Difficult task, but better times will come.

Dude, I am freezed to see your avatar picture.

I f only ever I had shag that woman in pic, I would be the happiest man alive with tearful coq.

KDB is the embodiment of 'selling the future of the club for a league title'.

So much damage caused just to win the least competitive title in recent memory.

Outplayed by 10 man PSG in the same year we strolled to the league.

#NeverForget

Mou is right about the decision on KDB.

He had to make tough decision and that's what's the manager does in the real world.

Even Manchester United fans acknowledge that with disappointment..but hey ho, when you have to paint a one-sided picture you shouldn't look the other way.

But if you look at it form another angle it is good he is giving his predecessor the opportunity to build the team fresh from ground up.

Mou is right about the decision on KDB.

He had to make tough decision and that's what's the manager does in the real world.

thats what we want to believe. Some times its better to admit you are wrong :P

clearly Mourinho needs to change the way he approaches game and his tactics. I have mentioned it several times in many threads. the replacements to the players sold are no where near the capacity of those players so the math just doesn't add up.

thats what we want to believe. Some times its better to admit you are wrong :P

clearly Mourinho needs to change the way he approaches game and his tactics. I have mentioned it several times in many threads. the replacements to the players sold are no where near the capacity of those players so the math just doesn't add up.

It's same case with Pogba of Fergie's.

No need to cry about it, just deal with it and move on.

It's same case with Pogba of Fergie's.

No need to cry about it, just deal with it and move on.

Fergie was just one player, at Chelsea its way more than one and it is coming back to bite us where as in case of United it didn't bite them hard.

No one is crying its just stating facts. Like I said you need to know when you are way over your head. which in our case we don't seem to be realizing.

Fergie was just one player, at Chelsea its way more than one and it is coming back to bite us where as in case of United it didn't bite them hard.

No one is crying its just stating facts. Like I said you need to know when you are way over your head. which in our case we don't seem to be realizing.

I am not Mou's worshipper.

But he is way better than that deluded cunt Wenger, who's creating his loyal disciples of AKBs. Arsene Knows Best. WTF.

The thing is, Mou didn't think this coming in early season to be like this situation, cuz he trusts JT, but sometimes SENTIMENT is not helpful.

I really believe he can turn this around. Have faith, sister.

WENGER'S JOKE:

A very old old man was in hospital. Lying in bed, he leaned over to the pretty young nurse attending to him and whispered in her ear
"Give me a kiss, luv!"

"No!", replied the nurse

"Oh go on!", said wenger

"No!", replied the nurse again

"Please!", begged the old man, "Just a quick peck on the cheek?"

"For the last time, no!", said the nurse, "I shouldn't even be wanking you off right now!"

The same bullshit every time..

He cant say anything else...

Ever thought... That he might actually believe it??

Honestly some of you seem to believe that Jose is a manager we pulled off the street as opposed to the most successful of his generation. Give it a fucking rest, he's sorting us out.

Ever thought... That he might actually believe it??

Honestly some of you seem to believe that Jose is a manager we pulled off the street as opposed to the most successful of his generation. Give it a fucking rest, he's sorting us out.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Mou is way better than prick wenger, and he juso tt gave us the EPL trophy last year for FFS.

Can you imagine, what's arsenal fans endured for 11 years REIGN OF BULLSHIT WENGER, arsene is a embarassement to the world.

Have faith, all of you, shitty MOANERS.