Daniel Sturridge

the wes

We've been hearing for months how Danny wants to quit due to lack of playing time and being played out wide when he does play. What makes absolutely no sense is that not a single destination mentioned by the dimwit journos would take care of these supposed grievances.

Citeh- take a number, they are beyond spoiled for choice at CF and SS/AM in their 4-2-3-1

Liverpool and Le Arse- He would have to play a wide role in Rodgers 4-3-3 or Whinger's 4 2 3 1

The only destination that would make any sense, cringe, would be Spuds. And if they want him, it's going to cost them a king's ransom.

With AVB rumored to be all but announced as the next Spuds manager, wouldn't surprise me at all if he wants to go there.

Of coarse, we should slap a ridiculous fee on him like the bald cunt does with his players. I'd say £70m should do it. Come get him Levy...you incompetent fuck.

Maybe a buy one, get one free with the Spuds. They are cheap after all.

Buy a Sturridge for £50m, get a free Malouda.

They do like to think they're getting a bargain. After all Levy's reported preference in hiring AVB is believed to have something to do with no compensation to pay out!

don't see why we have to sell him though. if we do sell him, we are left with only 1 genuine striker and 1 lukaku. should hold on to him in case porto dont budge on hulk

Yeah, we can't let him go without buying another striker. But if we are to sell him, now is the time, he wants a more rewarding contract and negotiations may not go so smoothly.

Yeah, we can't let him go without buying another striker. But if we are to sell him, now is the time, he wants a more rewarding contract and negotiations may not go so smoothly.

he is second choice striker now. last season, torres got 49 games as second choice. no reason why sturridge should leave if he'll get close to 50 games due to our fixtures next season

he is second choice striker now. last season, torres got 49 games as second choice. no reason why sturridge should leave if he'll get close to 50 games due to our fixtures next season

Torres was definitely not the second choice last season. He and Drogba played pretty much every game with one of them starting the match and the other one coming on as a substitute replacing the one who started. Of course Drogba was preferred as a starter in most of the bigger matches and that made him essentially "the first choice" at least in the eyes of the manager and the fans but Torres still got more minutes than him. Now if Torres is going to be the main man and does even remotely well I see no reason to sub him off every match at 60 minutes because that's simply not the way to go if you're going to have an undisputed first choice striker to lead the line. Or how many times do you remember Robin van Persie or Wayne Rooney get substituted last season? The only way for Sturridge to get at least an equal amount of playing time as Torres would be if Nando fucked up again badly but otherwise it's going to be him sitting on the bench and I couldn't imagine him being happy with it.

If AVB is really going to Spurs I can honestly see Sturridge going there. They don't even have any good strikers now that Adebayor's gone after his loan and Defoe is shit. Could play in a wide role for them too. If that were to be the case I would hope we play as much hardball as we can and rip them off for as much as we possibly could. Maybe an exchange for Modric? :Goober:

I like Sturridge, I think he can be an important player for us because of his style of play and the variety he brings to the squad, but he does need to grow the fuck up. At the moment his 'Anyone's fault but mine' mentality is more suited to being at Liverpool than at Chelsea.

I really thought he would be a bit like Robben, but inconsistent but truly top class, however he is slowly morphing into Kalou, ridiculously frustrating. He has all the tools, speed, skill, decent body strength, a good shot but he just can't put it all together at the moment, I hope he does but at the moment I see this going the way of Kalou.

I really thought he would be a bit like Robben, but inconsistent but truly top class, however he is slowly morphing into Kalou, ridiculously frustrating. He has all the tools, speed, skill, decent body strength, a good shot but he just can't put it all together at the moment, I hope he does but at the moment I see this going the way of Kalou.

Never compare Sturridge with Kalou again.

Really feel like giving him a good smack in the face to give him the wake up call he needs. Does he not realise he's playing for one of the biggest teams in the world? His attitude on the pitch stinks, the way he bottles going in for challenges and doesn't work for the team. Don't even get me started on passing the ball which he rarely does. It's a shame because ability wise, he's easily making the England team and can be a top PL player, but his attitude alone means that I wouldn't give two shits if he's sold and we get Moses

• 2 weeks later...

Shite source but anyway...

Liverpool Plot £12m Move for Chelsea Attacker Daniel Sturridge After Sigurdsson Snub

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/28/liverpool-plot-12m-move-for-chelsea-attacker-daniel-sturridge-after-sigurdsson-snub/