Daniel Sturridge

the wes

During contract negotiations, there is no player that fans like. After those are done it will be easier to make out who bought into the club fueled media stories, those who are still bitter about his contract and those who genuinely dislike him (like BlueLion).

Why are people so negative about Daniel Sturridge? I have a real problem with people that keep saying he is selfish. He is a striker after all, would you rather he sat back and never took a shot? Some of his goals have been magnificent this season, and I think as fans we should give him credit as without him we would not be in the position that we find ourselves !

Is it not a fact that Sturridge is Chelsea's joint leading goal scorer with Lampard in the Premier League, with 11 goals? This is the same total as the combined efforts of Torres (6 PL goals) and Drogba (5 PL goals) and those two guys lead the line as CF in comparison with Sturridge who has been played out of his favoured position all season, yet still manages to score 11 goals!

Exactly! I have no idea why Sturridge is so hated. He's 22 years old, has incredible skills, and can score. Is he too selfish? Yes, he is. but all top strikers are selfish. It's in their DNA to want to score. He was Chelsea's second best player the second half of the season. When he was moved to a midfield position, he did poorly, but he's not a midfielder, he's a pure forward with a nose for goal. He has incredible potential.

90% of which he created for himself, unlike other players he is able to beat players and waste chances.

Torres is far better at beating players compared to Sturridge.And Danny was played as RW - main purpose - service.Sturridge is pretty much a one trick pony atm. Prove is first half of the season indeed he was beating players but second half other teams coaches probably needed less then 5 min. to realize how to shut him completely

Torres is far better at beating players compared to Sturridge.

How can this be when Torres played for over 24 hours without scoring yet had multiple chances at goal? Yes Torres has pace and makes incredible runs, but when Sturridge is on the pitch you just know that there will always be someone in front of the goal ready and waiting for the right ball in.

This was Sturridge's first year in the Prem and I am more than impressed with what he showed us this season. The first half may have been better than the second half for Daniel, but give him time to settle into playing first class football and he will bring raised eyebrows I have no doubt!

Torres has either peaked or is nearing his peak. Daniel is just starting.

We have one of the most talented players in our team who has just finished his first FULL season with this club, showed great potential, scored goals and was one of our best players overall. Why the fucking fuck should we sell him and waste 40m on Hulk or 10m on Ba? FFS give this lad a chance to prove himself as a CF next season and you'll see what he's capable of. You don't judge an orange till you have shelled it, do you?

I think the manager, Di Matteo or whoever, should give Danny number 11, to try to show him that we want him to be a key role in the team and want to KEEP him. He is a good player no doubting it but I got annoyed with some of the ridiculous selfish play of his, yes all strikers are selfish but look at the Leverkusen game where he was making precise, quality threw balls and passes. Why can't he do that again!?!?!

The thing is Danny may want to be a CF but Chelsea managers don't have him playing there. We can all go on and on about it but until his manager sees him playing CF and puts him in that role, Danny needs to put his head down and play whatever position he's given.

If you think Torres is going to score plenty next season because of the arrivals of Hazard and Hulk then imagine what Danny would be capable of.Having scored 18 goals as a winger I can expect at least the same number of goals in the first half of the season alone.I really hope the manager gives him the chance he deserves.

The thing is Danny may want to be a CF but Chelsea managers don't have him playing there. We can all go on and on about it but until his manager sees him playing CF and puts him in that role, Danny needs to put his head down and play whatever position he's given.

he also needs to get his head UP and see who is best placed

he also needs to get his head UP and see who is best placed

Not just Danny but I'm always a little surprised at how many players at this level play with their head down and never look up when they're on the field. What's up with that?

Not just Danny but I'm always a little surprised at how many players at this level play with their head down and never look up when they're on the field. What's up with that?

the real class players like Zola knew without looking where the best option was ,,,lesser players need to take a look ... Danny does neither

Can't help but think that Danny's going to get a lot more chances to prove himself as a striker next season. With the intro of hazard, Marin and probably hulk, can see him and Torres alternating in per season especially to see how he fares. Could bring out the best in him.

A lot off my friends think he's to greedy and are unsure about him, but I think he's still one of our most exciting players in the team, i have faith he'll prove a lot of people wrong.

I dont know about you guys but every time studge had the ball it seemed like he could create something out of nothing, I know he seems greedy but he is a naturally born striker, of course he is going to take his knocks on goal. For me personally he was my favorite player in the first half, he was just electric down the wings and had a knack for goal. I think its an embarrassment if we let him walk away because we didnt give him a chance as cf.

We all know Sturridge is a very good player and it's shocking he didn't get any games at CF last season...He got one half at Blackburn and that's it. Our team's top goalscorer who was playing out of position didn't get one sniff at the position he wanted to play. I thought he deserved at least 5 games as a striker.

I actually think Sturridge is a great option as backup striker. If Torres doesn't start scoring, Sturridge will shine at CF. He could make the position his own at Chelsea.

We all know Sturridge is a very good player and it's shocking he didn't get any games at CF last season...He got one half at Blackburn and that's it. Our team's top goalscorer who was playing out of position didn't get one sniff at the position he wanted to play. I thought he deserved at least 5 games as a striker.

I actually think Sturridge is a great option as backup striker. If Torres doesn't start scoring, Sturridge will shine at CF. He could make the position his own at Chelsea.

Couldn't agree more. First Carlo did one on him by choosing the inept Kalou ahead of Sturridge off the bench and now he's faced with no playing where he should. In all his interviews he's maintained that he doesn't mind because as long as he's on the field he can show his capabilities. He did that. He was still going without reward!

If Owen Coyle hadn't used him as a CF at Bolton, Sturridge wouldn't have had a chance at Chelsea period.