Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Henry, van Persie.

^ + Messi, Rooney, Benzema, Tevez and even Sanchez and Ronaldo depending on where one thinks their best position is now, Kalou too

we don't have a player who has shown that he can have that same flexibility in Sturridge tho..so the problem remains with him that he is being misused out on the right.

Wasn't Sturridge one of our 3 (5 for those who were more interested in his interviews than his performances) best players in the 1st half of the season?

Henry, van Persie.

How is Henry and RVP an example of busting the Position inflexibility myth?

Henry was a bench warmer at Juventus, and only succeeded when Wenger turned him into a ST.

Same with RVP but to lesser degree.

Wasn't Sturridge one of our 3 (5 for those who were interested in his interviews than his performances) best players in the 1st half of the season?

he was doing better than others..but it was during Chelsea`s worse run of results since pre-Roman days tho so that`s not saying as much as it would normally.especially in light of how his early season promise had turned out in the long run of the season.

with the examples you`ve given as flexible players they are as far as i can see wide men who moved into a more central role or atleast more fluid roles,not so much strikers who have made the journey out wide and become better players after the move.

either way tho like i thought i atleast hinted at last time,we are talking Sturridge so if other players have made the transition successfully or not..unless Sturridge can then he`s being misused and wasted out wide.

How is Henry and RVP an example of busting the Position inflexibility myth?

Henry was a bench warmer at Juventus, and only succeeded when Wenger turned him into a ST.

Same with RVP but to lesser degree.

Henry had (according to wiki) over 150 professional appearances before moving to Arsenal.

he was doing better than others..but it was during Chelsea`s worse run of results since pre-Roman days tho so that`s not saying as much as it would normally.especially in light of how his early season promise had turned out in the long run of the season.

It wasn't until January that the season turned into our worst in terms of results since even before Abramovich. Until then we were doing as good as we did under Ancelotti so I would give Sturridge a bit more credit.

with the examples you`ve given as flexible players they are as far as i can see wide men who moved into a more central role or at least more fluid roles,not so much strikers who have made the journey out wide and become better players after the move.

Which is exactly what I was arguing. Coaches play younger players wide not for their development (they are after-all paid to win) but due to the reduced responsibilities of playing as a winger and reduced risks of fielding them.

either way tho like i thought i atleast hinted at last time,we are talking Sturridge so if other players have made the transition successfully or not..unless Sturridge can then he`s being misused and wasted out wide.

A fair view if a bit one-dimensional. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should no judge Sturridge by false principles.

I will be pissed of to the max if he leaves. He fell of form a bit towards the end but gaver a huge contribution to Chelsea this season. As a young, English player who started off well, it will be a tragedy to now see him leave, which is why I guess I will approve of having a new manager

He'll be off now, won't he, with Hazard signing looking imminent. I would imagine we're looking for someone else, perhaps Hulk, but anyway, unless we decide to never play him on the wing again and play him as the out and out 2nd choice striker behind Torres, I can't see him staying as a 3rd choice winger.

All in all Sturridge is not number 1 striker Chelsea material (and will never be), its pretty obvious as its obvious that he should leave if this is all he wants.Its good to give youngsters chances and have a trust in them but only if they have what is needed to develop as top players, otherwise its just a waste.

You don't need to be Nostradamus to see that Sturrdge will never be number1 striker here, if u think otherwise then u know shi t about football.Forums are about people's opnions but deary me I've had enough of jokes in this thread some1 even said that Sturridge has a good right foot, DA FUK?

Its great to know we have so many Nostradamus on this forum. Apparently they have spoken, Sturridge will never be good enough to make it at Chelsea, even though he has never been given the opportunity to lead the line. Even though he was arguably our best player for the first half of the season playing out of position, and lets not forget he is only 22 and only been a consistent regular for the senior squad for only a mere season.

Quite honestly it is disturbing that more people here believe Torres will come good rather then giving Sturridge any hope. What kinda of logic is that when we have seen Torres given numerous opportunity only fail time after time. It would be nice to see what Sturridge can do as CF before we deem to be never good enough for Chelsea standard.

I'll admit Torres deserves his opportunity post drogba to show what he is capable of, but Sturridge rightfully deserves the opportunity to compete against him.

Good post, a lot of people are getting carried away with the form shown by the likes of Messi, Wilshere and all those other early bloomers. A lot of good players develop at a later stage in their career with regards to decision making, and other mental attributes.

This was Sturridge's first full season with us. Granted, the second half of the season was almost forgettable, but its too soon to write him off.

Why are people so negative about Daniel Sturridge? I have a real problem with people that keep saying he is selfish. He is a striker after all, would you rather he sat back and never took a shot? Some of his goals have been magnificent this season, and I think as fans we should give him credit as without him we would not be in the position that we find ourselves !

Is it not a fact that Sturridge is Chelsea's joint leading goal scorer with Lampard in the Premier League, with 11 goals? This is the same total as the combined efforts of Torres (6 PL goals) and Drogba (5 PL goals) and those two guys lead the line as CF in comparison with Sturridge who has been played out of his favoured position all season, yet still manages to score 11 goals!

We mustn't forget that Sturridge never had one game as CF leading the line at Chelsea so it baffles me to why people (and Chelsea fans of that matter!) are so quick to judge and criticise when we aren't even getting the most out of him.

What's more, if we take a look at Sturridge's record on the only occasions Daniel was selected to lead the line as CF in the PL (when he was at Bolton) , we will see the facts that Sturridge scored 8 goals in 12 appearances at Bolton. Interestingly, this is more than either Torres or Drogba in a full season in the PL. While I do not wish to criticise Torres or Drogba, I do not think it is fair that people can be so negative towards Sturridge, when he has been scoring more goals for us in the PL than any other striker in the team.

When it comes down to it, and looking at this season in particular, scoring goals is of course the biggest priority and one goal can be the difference between 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc. Without Daniel Sturridge's 11 goals, we would not even have finished 6th.

Don't be so critical towards one of our most exciting, young players before he has even had the chance to demonstrate what he can do. Great things take time, give him a chance and we will see what young Danny Sturridge is really made of! If he can score 11 goals as a winger, imagine what he can do as a CF!