Daniel Sturridge

the wes

The stick Sturridge get's is so bewildering i don't even know where to start.

Remember seeing him on loan at Bolton and him seizing his chance, forcing his way into the team (something Kakuta, McEachran and Van Aanholt could not do on similar loan spells) scoring goals and lookin impressive. The slightest sniff off him leaving or going on loan again last summer had this and any other based Chelsea forum into near meltdown.

Now remember who was coming up with the goods and keeping us in the race for 4th single handedly upto Christmas while Drogba and Torres just looked disinterested? yes Danny Sturridge and at that point he wasn't that far behind Mata in our run in for best player award, if he was atall.

Just remember how on form he was back last Christmas and for Bolton rewind 6 months then rewind 1 year and tell me you want him to leave?

The second half of the season he had a bit of a goal and performance drought, but this is his first season playing regularly for a team with big expectation's, it was going to happen sooner or later and the fact a young lad is getting stick for 1 minor goal drought but an experienced world cup winner is getting excuses made for him through 2 major drought's is wrong on so many levels (it's like sending down a 16 year old lad for sleeping with a under age girl once but making excuses for and letting off a 30 year old man who does the same thing as the young lad but does it twice).

Yes he may be a bit greedy, well a lot, but he gets goals, give him a run of games and he will score. He was a bit upset about not playing "number 9" last season, but do you think he would be complaining if Falcao was playing for us and scoring week in week out? He was upset (and rightly so) because he was getting shafted to the wing to occupy and (at the time) out of form 33 year old and a Spaniard who went on 2 embarrassing goal drought's, while he was hungry and itching to prove himself in that position, can you blame him being frustrated watching others play their and be disinterested?

He has bit's that need improving to his game but let him go and he will come back to haunt us big time, he deserves a shot at the "number 9" position a lot more than El Nino at this current time and personally if i was RDM he would be starting in that position in August.

Agreed. The second half of the season, he was asked to play both RM and LM which just will never suite Sturridge. He is an attacker with a natural nose for goal. If we sell him, we're idiots. This is exactly the kind of player we need to keep.

Sturridge may not always pass the ball but the guy scores goals consistently irrespective of his position on the field.Chelsea will make a BIG mistake if they decide to sell him.Man City regretted it when he was in sublime form,let's just hope we don't make the same mistake.

Give the young lad a chance,he deserves it!

Sure, if he relents from 120k/week, that's great.

Even 70k is excessive for a guy who's scored about 25 top flight league goals in his career.

Not when we're willing to pay Hazard who hasn't played a match at Chelsea or in a top league ever and Torres who has been awful, £170,000+ a week. The problem with wage and transfer inflation is not just with making it impossible for other clubs to compete, it also drives up your own players demands and unhappiness. Is Sturridge worth 40% of Torres?

Not when we're willing to pay Hazard who hasn't played a match at Chelsea or in a top league ever and Torres who has been awful, £170,000+ a week. The problem with wage and transfer inflation is not just with making it impossible for other clubs to compete, it also drives up your own players demands and unhappiness. Is Sturridge worth 40% of Torres?

Tell Torres to shove off and give Sturridge what he wants. Everyone's happy :)

I definitely don't want to see Sturridge go. But he does need to either be a) given full-striker responsibilities and/or b ) given a firm coaching hand so that he can make OTHERS AROUND HIM play BETTER (which is, as far as I'm concerned, what makes Torres still more valuable for us).

I have faith that as long as we keep him and keep RDM, we'll be in good shape :)

Sure, if he relents from 120k/week, that's great.

Even 70k is excessive for a guy who's scored about 25 top flight league goals in his career.

The problem lay when we first signed him to a professional contract, I read somewhere we started him on like £50k/week (no source here). From there it was always going to be a slippery road because that's an absurd contract for a teenager. Can't blame him for holding us to ransom tbh.

If Liverpool want him, they pay atleast £40m, after spending £35m on Carroll they can fuck off if they think they can have Danny for just over half that.

With 1 year to run on his contract, we're not going to see much more than 15 million. I think its fairly pointless to sell him now, if Di Matteo has his heart set on selling him he would do better to give him a new contract and sell him next summer, where we can get about 25-30 million from Liverpool.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-manchester-city-tottenham-and-liverpool-887056

2 things on this story -

1. I bloody well hope rumours of a Walcott/Sturridge swap are bullshit. Sturridge has far more potential and if he went to Arsenal I can see him becoming a big success there.

2. If he does blame Chelsea and Di Matteo for not making the England squad, then that's a poor show for me. He should take it on the chin, realise the reasons why he wasn't playing and strive to make an impact next season. Robbie's choice to leave him out of the big games was ultimately vindicated. What he has got though is an opportunity next season to play games through the middle like how he has always wanted to. It's all up to him now.