Daniel Sturridge

the wes

The problem with 2 out and out strikers is that it's not been relevant, even in England, since Jose Mourinho started playing 4-5-1 and outnumbering the opposition midfield.

It'll be a while until someone can play 2 strikers together and get them both to deliver prolifically while still winning games and controlling the midfields.

Man Utd does play two upfront (although they pack the midfield in the big games). Its not the formation to take on all other formations, but it can work.

Besides we were talking about playing this formation on the attack, and transition back to a regular 4-5-1 for defense.

seems pool have bidded for sturridge. Ive gotten my trust back with the CHelsea board and their decisions regarding transfers, but letting danny go would be a huge mistake. Apparantly the bid seems to be around £10m which in my eyes is a pathetic number...

As long as he signs a new contract I would like to keep him. However I don't want to lose him for nothing if he runs his contract down.

As second fiddle central striker next season he will get at least 20 starts and if he takes his chances he has the opportunity to force himself into our first choice striker.

More on why the 4-4-2 is antiquated and headed for a long spell out of favour, from the horses head himself:

Look, if I have a triangle in midfield – Claude Makelele behind and two others just in front – I will always have an advantage against a pure 4-4-2 where the central midfielders are side by side. That’s because I will always have an extra man. It starts with Makelele, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time.

If Makelele gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other team’s wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4-4-2 can do to stop things.

More on why the 4-4-2 is antiquated and headed for a long spell out of favour, from the horses head himself:

yeah. that's all true but when we face a team like wigan or qpr for example, 4-4-2 may well be useful. i am totally against di matteo's current policy where he plays only 1 striker even when we are chasing the game. example - fulham away, spurs home, wigan home, CL final...he brought on torres and played him Wide where he couldn't influence the game much. he would have been better of at CF as we were just dumping the ball in anyway

seems pool have bidded for sturridge. Ive gotten my trust back with the CHelsea board and their decisions regarding transfers, but letting danny go would be a huge mistake. Apparantly the bid seems to be around £10m which in my eyes is a pathetic number...

Source? I only see Goal.com and Mirror. (and the latter has merely quoted the former)..Smells like...

Some criticize him for his selfishness but I on the other hand feel that he is a young ambitious striker who wants to be the best.Danny has the potential to be a great striker and all he needs is the chance to shine.I hope RDM keeps him and plays him regularly as a center forward otherwise our rivals will sign him and benefit from his services.

City made a huge mistake by selling him to us,lets hope we don't make a similar mistake. I believe in Danny and I urge you all to do the same.

Can see him wanting to join Spurs, mainly because of AVB. And he could also get a chance as starting CF there 'cos they only have Defoe atm.

Also i actually forgot he has just 1 year left on his contract, we should either renew now or sell him. Can't risk losing him for a very small fee like City.

hahahah ^ yep, studge was absolutely vital to reason we even finished in 6th. we prob would have finished in 8th if he wasnt scorin as he did. scored more than DDA and torres in EPL, yet still casted away?? happy you studge hatters are nowhere near our board! <_<

There are rumours Sturridge wants to leave us for a striker role and if he does wanna go to Spurs to join AVB then i wish him good luck. I like Danny and would like him to stay. I didn't like how he played after the first half of last season when he seemed to be the greediest player i have seen in a long time wasting chance after chance. Despite that for a player who was put on the wing game after game when he obviously wanted to play striker he wasn't that much of a pain in the ass. He had something to say but didn't go over the top like say Tevez so if he wants to join AVB and be put on the wing again for Spurs i wish him all the best =).

http://www.footylate...-signing/30070?

P.s. I don't think this article is 100% accurate seeing as i don't know anyone who believes Danny is 'out of favour' here at Chelsea.