Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I had meningitis when I was 7.

If he goes even 1 day without seeing a doctor and has a high level of bacterial or viral meningitis, he's completely screwed.

If you don't get it sorted ASAP, you either die, get a limb amputated, or have serious after effects. (I only have minor after effects somehow. Lucky me.)

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. As Robbie showed at the end of the season we need everybody in the squad and even if Sturridge is backup to Torres at the start of the season he'll still be an important member of our squad.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. As Robbie showed at the end of the season we need everybody in the squad and even if Sturridge is backup to Torres at the start of the season he'll still be an important member of our squad.

Don't really give fuck about the football and whether he's fit to start the season when there's something this serious, just hope he recovers. The English media seem to be more worried about the fact he may have to withdraw from the Olympics rather than his health. Disgusting cunts the lot of them.

Don't really give fuck about the football and whether he's fit to start the season when there's something this serious, just hope he recovers. The English media seem to be more worried about the fact he may have to withdraw from the Olympics rather than his health. Disgusting cunts the lot of them.

Of course, I didn't mean my comment to come across so selfish. The most important thing is his health and making a full recovery. The secondary part of my comment was simply that he's an important part of the squad so I'm also hoping we can see him back on the pitch doing what he does best as soon as possible.

Isn't this a serious illness? If its the one i'm thinking of, he'll be lucky to play football again.

Bacterial meningitis is the worse form. That spreads quickly and can cause amputations, kidney damage, potentially death, etc. Viral meningitis carries many of the same symptoms but the long term affects are much less concerning in most cases.