Daniel Sturridge

the wes

From press conference:

- Spoke to Daniel Sturridge, feeling better, but has Viral Meningitis. Currently still in hospital. Will be monitored daily. Club doctor with him, updated hourly. Hopefully he'll play at the Olympics. Difficult to give a time limit on him, but optimistic.

The player has confirmed his hopes of joining up with the Olympic squad.

'The Chelsea medical team have been closely monitoring everything and they and the doctors and nurses at St Mary's Hospital have been outstanding throughout,' said Sturridge.

'Thankfully, I am starting to feel a lot better and I am optimistic about being able to make the Olympics .

'I am fortunate to have received many wishes of support and I want to thank everybody who has sent messages, it is much appreciated .'

danny will get his chance this season. hopefully, he can reproduce his 2011 form this season. maybe be a better bet in attack than torres. who knows

We've got a lot of wing options to choose from with Hazard, KDB & potentially Hulk. Not to mention Mata as well. Sturridge should get his chance up front, the question is if we do buy a new striker or not. Giroud said we were chasing him after all.

We've got a lot of wing options to choose from with Hazard, KDB & potentially Hulk. Not to mention Mata as well. Sturridge should get his chance up front, the question is if we do buy a new striker or not. Giroud said we were chasing him after all.

i would prefer to see us sign a player whose secondary position is Centre forward - just to give us depth - and make torres and sturridge our first choice strikers with Lukaku third choice. signing another striker - falcao, cavani etc seems a luxury

i would prefer to see us sign a player whose secondary position is Centre forward - just to give us depth - and make torres and sturridge our first choice strikers with Lukaku third choice. signing another striker - falcao, cavani etc seems a luxury

But then you make the assumption we'd be altering our formation to a 4-4-2? In fairness Di Matteo now has more attacking power, new attacking power, to work with. Maybe it is time we go to the 2-striker tactics. Pre-season will be very interesting in terms of that.

But then you make the assumption we'd be altering our formation to a 4-4-2? In fairness Di Matteo now has more attacking power, new attacking power, to work with. Maybe it is time we go to the 2-striker tactics. Pre-season will be very interesting in terms of that.

yeah. i am in favour of either the 4-4-2 with sturridge and torres or even an attacking variation of 4-5-1. out with the double pivot. its time we play dynamic midfielders who influence the attack as well.

i don't know how much you can look into preseason because of the unavailability of the players selected for the Olympics. di matteo may start playing a new system but things will become clear only after sturridge, mata, luiz etc come back from the Olympics

yeah. i am in favour of either the 4-4-2 with sturridge and torres or even an attacking variation of 4-5-1. out with the double pivot. its time we play dynamic midfielders who influence the attack as well.

i don't know how much you can look into preseason because of the unavailability of the players selected for the Olympics. di matteo may start playing a new system but things will become clear only after sturridge, mata, luiz etc come back from the Olympics

Yeah, those are some of the formations which we could experiment with next season. I particularly like this one; (Kind of like a modified, more attacking version of a 4-3-3)

FOOFOO.jpg

Yeah, those are some of the formations which we could experiment with next season. I particularly like this one; (Kind of like a modified, more attacking version of a 4-3-3)

Yep. 4-3-3 on the attack and 4-5-1 on the back foot. di matteo needs to get the formation right

The problem with 2 out and out strikers is that it's not been relevant, even in England, since Jose Mourinho started playing 4-5-1 and outnumbering the opposition midfield.

It'll be a while until someone can play 2 strikers together and get them both to deliver prolifically while still winning games and controlling the midfields.

The problem with 2 out and out strikers is that it's not been relevant, even in England, since Jose Mourinho started playing 4-5-1 and outnumbering the opposition midfield.

It'll be a while until someone can play 2 strikers together and get them both to deliver prolifically while still winning games and controlling the midfields.

Newcastle United?

Newcastle United?

Newcastle United?