Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I'd prefer to see him evolve as a player over the course of the season here rather than on loan but I imagine if we sign Cavani then it will be impossible.

It's hard to evolve when you're not playing. Right now, he's our third string striker which is the same role he had last year. The choice is either for Lukaku to develop on another team on loan or to play a handful of games at Chelsea. I am almost certain Lukaku will go on loan which is the best thing for him and for us.

I swear i see this sign x player and y will be sold myth on every single thread these days.

Cavani is 25, in 4 years time he will be 29, Torres will be 32 (most likely gone) and Lukaku will be 22. Cavani coming in will not block Lukaku long term in anyway shape or form, if anything Lukaku will learn from him and make him a better player.

No I meant if they sign Cavani this year then Lukaku will be loaned out where I'd rather see him here pushing Nando and Studge (which he is capable of) for the first team striking place, he would play at least 30 times this season imo as I don't see Torres setting the world a light and Sturridge will be inconsistent.

Torres needs to man the fuck up and just play his best when put on the pitch. All this treading on egg shells because of Nando's confidence is really starting to grate on my nerves. If we have an opportunity to sign one of the deadliest strikers in football who seems to deliver in the big games then we should go for it despite how Nando feels.

All this talk about Nando's has left me feeling hank!

well what would you expect after you break british transfer record with 50mil.......50mil! u have to do evrything in your POWER (in you i mean board) to make sure he repays that to you in ways other than jersey sales. its easy to buy oscar 25mill and if he busts sell for like 20, or 17mill. but when you spend 50 your not gona try all your might to show your fans, and other potential clubs it was well spent? other wise napoli will simply say 'ok 60mil becuz he has prouced more than torres past 2-3 seasons,' and who could blame them when 50mill is on off form torres? can you honestly sit there and tell me you could not blame them (napoli) for demanding that if they want? becuz we havent shown that much if anythin to say that 50mil was well spent have we?

so yeah it may get annoyin, but we have to be rootin for him to show how great of a transfer he can be with the time left. and dont take this out of context and say moses can go for 20mil, its in the range for players who are top class, which you yourself said cavani was (well deadliest tbf).

so yeah cavani shouldnt come here, we have best squad to revitalize torres and cavani would end any hope we have in recouping any sig sum of money off his performances. a second striker that can play wing can also come in to battle studge (which is what board seem ti have in mind) but not a pure ST, only ST like cavani.

Cavani would be amazing, lukaku on loan for 2 years. Torres will be sold in 3 years or less. then we have cavani, sturridge ( maybe he will leave 2, who knows), lukaku in about 3 years time

Going to enjoy bumping this thread when Nando hits 20 league goals next year.

Give the guy a break, at his best he used to single handedly tear us a new one when ever he played against us. He wasn't great last year, but then baring a few UCL games neither was Drogba. In fact Drogba wasn't that great the season before either.

Cavani is a great footballer, but I'm most definitely backing our three existing strikers for the season ahead. I mean if we don't start trusting and developing our youth players you'll find future talent won't sign for us.

Going to enjoy bumping this thread when Nando hits 20 league goals next year.

Give the guy a break, at his best he used to single handedly tear us a new one when ever he played against us. He wasn't great last year, but then baring a few UCL games neither was Drogba. In fact Drogba wasn't that great the season before either.

Cavani is a great footballer, but I'm most definitely backing our three existing strikers for the season ahead. I mean if we don't start trusting and developing our youth players you'll find future talent won't sign for us.

Berbatov took about 2 seasons to have one great season before falling back into the shades.

So one great season for Torres will not justify his price tag. If he can produce that hypothetical form that he suppose to do this season over a count of 3 seasons, then we will say money well spent.

Berbatov took about 2 seasons to have one great season before falling back into the shades.

So one great season for Torres will not justify his price tag. If he can produce that hypothetical form that he suppose to do this season over a count of 3 seasons, then we will say money well spent.

Nobody, and i mean, nobody is worth that amount of money. C.Ronaldo was 80 mill, all that got was the copa del rey and a league title in 3 seasons, does 80 mill justify that?

Nobody, and i mean, nobody is worth that amount of money. C.Ronaldo was 80 mill, all that got was the copa del rey and a league title in 3 seasons, does 80 mill justify that?

Yes Ronaldo clearly worth it, because of the impact he has had for the team.

The money they have recouped from shirt sales and marketing with C.Ronaldo makes it incredibly worth it.

Also millions and millions is shirt/merchandise sales, sponsership and advertising for the team, as well as attracting other talented footballers to come. So Yes it probably was worth it.

I don't think we need Cavani, i would give chance to Sturridge/Lukaku instead of paying loads of money, and wages, etc...Moreover, Torres has to feel that he's the number one up front. What if Torres starts the first 2-3 PL matches with no goals, and then Cavani comes and hits 2 in the next match. El Nino's remaining confidence would gone forever...Class is permanent, in Torres I trust!

Like I said, excuses excuses and more excuses.

When he first came I criticized him and people where like, "he came half way season give him till next season till he gets a pre under his belt"....

Fair enough, pre-season came and he still sucked ass, and people where saying to wait till December to judge him....

Fair enough, December came and he still sucked ass.

Now we get more exotic excuses fill with hope and dreams, and things like Give the guy a break......

i dont think is required.

we have three central strikers and practically 3 second strikers too (cams what have you in mata, hazard and piazon)

we have a great amount of talent in the team. let's fix the right back issue and get oscar and finish the window.

I don't think we need Cavani, i would give chance to Sturridge/Lukaku instead of paying loads of money, and wages, etc...Moreover, Torres has to feel that he's the number one up front. What if Torres starts the first 2-3 PL matches with no goals, and then Cavani comes and hits 2 in the next match. El Nino's remaining confidence would gone forever...Class is permanent, in Torres I trust!

Your telling me you'd rather have Torres scoring nothing in 2-3 games than cavani scoring twice in one game just to preserve Torres' confidence?

Your telling me you'd rather have Torres scoring nothing in 2-3 games than cavani scoring twice in one game just to preserve Torres' confidence?

Apparently we are Torres FC.

As we can talk trash about other crappy players like Kalou, Bosingwa, Hilario, Turnbull and such. But when it comes to Torres we are haters.....

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You