Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham


Recommended Posts

PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

chelsea_1.pngtottenham_1.png

2022/23 Premier League Matchday 2
Aug 14th, Sunday 2023
Stamford Bridge Stadium
4:30pm Kick Off (UK time)

Koulibaly.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confident that we’ll play much better for this considering it’s Spuds and it’s our home opener. After last seasons dreadful home form we need to establish Fortress Stamford Bridge again like years past.

Hope either Kova or Gallagher start next to Kante for this rather than J5. We’ll need legs and athleticism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Confident that we’ll play much better for this considering it’s Spuds and it’s our home opener. After last seasons dreadful home form we need to establish Fortress Stamford Bridge again like years past.

Hope either Kova or Gallagher start next to Kante for this rather than J5. We’ll need legs and athleticism.

Strangely enough I'd be more worried for this one off match if they still had Jose, as defensive as he gets against fully functioning on form top teams when he smells blood he exploits it (ala that United 1-6 game). He'd have probably looked at how much shaper Spurs were compared to us today and looked to race into an early lead that we'd be unlikely to return from.

This could come back to bite me but I feel Conte just like last season (where again Mou would have smelt blood with the form we were in around January time) will pay us a bit too much respect and play our name as opposed to form/fitness.

Edited by Tomo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Kovacic - Cucurella
Mount - Sterling
Broja
 

Hoping to see this.

  • Like 1
  • Great! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/08/2022 at 06:58, manpe said:

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Kovacic - Cucurella
Mount - Sterling
Broja
 

Hoping to see this.

I do as well but in the future. From the Everton game Broja still needs time to be transitioned in + gain sharpness. 

 

  • Great! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I do as well but in the future. From the Everton game Broja still needs time to be transitioned in + gain sharpness. 

 

Havertz looked really bad for preseasson and Everton. I would drop him for Broja all day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want see Kova and Pulisic .

Mendy

-----Azpi-----Silva----Koulibaly

---James--Kante--Kovacic--Chilwell

---Mount--Sterling--Pulisic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, milka said:

I want see Kova and Pulisic .

Mendy

-----Azpi-----Silva----Koulibaly

---James--Kante--Kovacic--Chilwell

---Mount--Sterling--Pulisic

Damn Kante-Kova. I dont like this pair, especially that Kante is really poor with passing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be a tough game if we don’t improve our performance v Everton. Hopefully no Kai in the starting 11 because it was like playing with 10 men last week.  

Bit worried about Kuluveski too for Spurs if I am honest. Has been a revelation since going to Spurs. Think he has like 9 or 10 assists since signing there in January, only Dembele from Barca has more in that time period. Not even mentioning Son and Kane too.

Defensively have to be very good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/08/2022 at 04:58, manpe said:

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Kovacic - Cucurella
Mount - Sterling
Broja
 

Hoping to see this.

That back 3 worked against Everton, but not sure against Spurs. They have more pace in their ranks, and if Conte sets up to counter (likely) they will get exploited. 

With Rudiger we were spoilt with his recovery pace. Azpi Silva Koulibaly is another matter.

A second CB like Fofana would have come in handy here. Either that, or sacrifice James to play him as RCB. And rely on Cucurella for WB attacking threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...