Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham

Be a tough game if we don’t improve our performance v Everton. Hopefully no Kai in the starting 11 because it was like playing with 10 men last week.  

Bit worried about Kuluveski too for Spurs if I am honest. Has been a revelation since going to Spurs. Think he has like 9 or 10 assists since signing there in January, only Dembele from Barca has more in that time period. Not even mentioning Son and Kane too.

Defensively have to be very good. 

On 07/08/2022 at 04:58, manpe said:

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Kovacic - Cucurella
Mount - Sterling
Broja

Hoping to see this.

That back 3 worked against Everton, but not sure against Spurs. They have more pace in their ranks, and if Conte sets up to counter (likely) they will get exploited. 

With Rudiger we were spoilt with his recovery pace. Azpi Silva Koulibaly is another matter.

A second CB like Fofana would have come in handy here. Either that, or sacrifice James to play him as RCB. And rely on Cucurella for WB attacking threat.

I'm actually comfortably confident about this. We played Conte's Spurs three times, won all three and an aggregate score of 5-0. 

Obviously they added Kulu, but the game plan will be the same. Be organized at the back and then break on the counter. Stick Kovacic and Kante on Kane, and James on Son. 

Mendy

James Silva Koulibaly

RLC    Kante Kovacic Cucurella

Mount Sterling 

Havertz

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Be prepared to lose this one and for the media to suck every inch of life out or it too. 

Could be a rough ride next week.. just remember it will blow over.

Yup media will be yidhappy - Kane lickers 

Time for Broja to shine

Kova is injured already ffs 🤦‍♂️.

Probably would’ve been our most important midfielder in a match against this Spuds team. Now it’ll be Jorginho having to deal with that lightning counter attacking.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kova is injured already ffs 🤦‍♂️.

Probably would’ve been our most important midfielder in a match against this Spuds team. Now it’ll be Jorginho having to deal with that lightning counter attacking.

The three times we beat Conte's Spurs last season, Jorginho was on the pitch. 

Being at home and a smaller pitch, Jorginho I reckon will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The three times we beat Conte's Spurs last season, Jorginho was on the pitch. 

Being at home and a smaller pitch, Jorginho I reckon will be fine. 

You’re right, but this is a MUCH different Spuds team. Was Kulu there yet for them? I don’t remember. And I think Son missed 1 of those matches against us. Bissouma will probably start tomorrow and could give Jorginho lots of trouble.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You’re right, but this is a MUCH different Spuds team. Was Kulu there yet for them? I don’t remember. And I think Son missed 1 of those matches against us. Bissouma will probably start tomorrow and could give Jorginho lots of trouble.

It's why I see James and Koulibaly as the outside CBs, given the plan will be to give the ball to Kane and spray it to Son/Kulu. I think even with Jorginho on the pitch we have enough to nullify them given Conte will be Conte and give us far too much respect. 

Could be a 3-5-2 with Mount centrally to help Kante and Jorginho. 

If we continue with our slow, cautious build up play and little movement up front, we will be playing right into their gameplan. They will be looking to suck us in, win the ball deep and spring at us with rapid counter attacks. We really need to avoid that, esp with so many slow players on the pitch for us.

The heat will be scorching. Absolutely 0 problem with us parking the bus here and see out a 0-0. Maybe let Spuds inferioirty complex work for us and nick a goal from a deflection, set piece or pen.

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

Kulusevski wasn't there yet but if we're going down that route, in the three January wins against them we too had Chilwell and James missing and fucking Malang Sarr played 90 mins in the heart of the defence each of those games so let's not pretend our team was full strength either.

I have a feeling Spurs fans, neutrals, and the English media are going to get a reality check tomorrow. Unreal the amount of hype surrounding this Spurs team, completely ignoring we took the piss out of them with Conte last season. 

They scored 4 past a team Timo Werner scored 5 against. 

38 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I have a feeling Spurs fans, neutrals, and the English media are going to get a reality check tomorrow. Unreal the amount of hype surrounding this Spurs team, completely ignoring we took the piss out of them with Conte last season. 

They scored 4 past a team Timo Werner scored 5 against. 

Yeah in terms of quality, I do not think they are better than last season. They have more depth sure. But their starting lineup has only marginally improved. But this early in the season fitness comes into play. Conte has them going sharply. Many of our players struggled late in the Everton game. Koulibaly probably not used to the pace this late in the game, had cramps for example. He is a great defender but he is not the athlete Rüdiger is. Our entire back 3 will be under massive pressure when Spuds will throw Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Moura, Richarlison at us. They just looked so much sharper vs Southampton than we did vs Everton. Can't see us creating much from open play. I do not expect us to blown out by them but rather a cagey stop-start game. Draw will be the result both teams can live with so this is what i expect.

My team

Mendy

K2 Silva Chilly

James Gallagher Kante Cucu

Mount Havertz Sterling

Spurs look incredibly fit to me from the last game and we look undercooked. IMO, we need to go for our fittest players and players that aren't afraid of putting their foot in. Losing Kova is a big blow so I think we have to go with Gallagher over Jorgi as I can see Jorgi getting hassled and the Ref just letting Spuds gang bang him.

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

My team

Mendy

K2 Silva Chilly

James Gallagher Kante Cucu

Mount Havertz Sterling

Spurs look incredibly fit to me from the last game and we look undercooked. IMO, we need to go for our fittest players and players that aren't afraid of putting their foot in. Losing Kova is a big blow so I think we have to go with Gallagher over Jorgi as I can see Jorgi getting hassled and the Ref just letting Spuds gang bang him.

Think he will play Cucu LCB and Chilly LWB.